Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I'm Going To China For 12 Days!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm taking my first trip to China in June! I'm going with my Qi Gong Doctor/Teacher. He's taking a group of us. He started as an MD in China, then became a Qi Gong Grandmaster. We're going to Beijing, Xi'an, Qufu, Mt Tai, Shanghai and Suzhou. I'm so excited! Very Happy

Any advice is appreciated!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I was so excited I goofed. I meant to put this in the lounge. Mods??
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just be prepared that weather is gonna be a bit hot. But you will have tons of fun in your trip I am sure. We visited China last May and really enjoyed the different food from each region, and the shopping of course. Doesn't seem like you will be visiting Gui-Lin? Of all the cities we been to we enjoyed Gui-Lin the most. Its definitely worth seeing since you are there already.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
So far I only know about the cities I listed. But I don't have all the info yet. I was hoping it wouldn't be too hot...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
it is gonna be HOT HOT HOT, i heard the temp can get up to 40C Shock
i have never been to mainland china before, so the only tips i can give u is to keep ur belongings SAFE, i have seen on chinese news that chinese pickpockets are very skillful, some ride their bikes/motorbikes pass u and grab ur bag and speed off so there is absolutely no way u can chase after them. im not trying to make it sound scary!!!! just a precaution. i wanna go to china too- terracotta warriors, great wall & shanghai i heard is beautiful, lots of tasty food!
also heard that u should haggle down to 50% of the original price (but not when ur in a store, i mean on stalls Very Happy )
have fun! take lots of pics and post them here so we can all share the excitement!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh, you lucky thing! I'd love to visit China.

You'll probably get the chance to further your skills, too.

Let us know how it all goes as soon as you get back! I'm really excited for you!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
This is the list of where we're going. It's going to be incredible to have Master Hong's perspective on the trip:
Ming Tombs
Forbidden City
Tian An Men Square
The Temple of Heaven
The Great Wall
the Natural Healing Hospital

in Xi'an -
Ming Bell TowerMuseum of the Terra Cotta Warriors
Huaqing Hot Spring

Qufu -
Temple of Confucius and Confucius Residence
Mt Tai

Shanghai

Suzhou
Hanshan Temple

That's what I know so far.
Master Hong also has a book - "The Healing Art of Qi Gong".
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
What Yeah Yeah said about crime - I lived in China for 5 years and I always felt really safe, especially in Beijing - law and order is STRONG there. No-one would dare mug a foreigner in the city, outskirts maybe but I never heard of it.

Always felt safe in the countryside too. None of my colleagues nor the expat community I knew ever had any problems with violence or crime, except in Guangzhou, which for various reasons is a bit of a crime hotspot but it's mainly pickpocketing so nothing to be frightened about and you're not going there anyway.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
We're going to have a day to shop in Shanghai. Any musts? Besides my obsession with hair, makeup and clothing, I love finding things that are interesting, old, one of a kind. Objects, pictures.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
if you go to shanghai, you should go to chenghuang temple! there are many tranditionary handicraft products and snacks!
i think you will love china!
12 days is too short for visiting china!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
We are going to the Cheng Huang Temple, I forgot to put it down!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
No advice here. Asia is one of the few parts of the world I haven't gotten to yet Sad . It sounds very exciting though. Have a wonderful trip!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I am surprised HangZhou is not on the list, it is a very beautiful city with lakes and mountains. also it is very famous for silk and green tea.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
It may be -- I don't think the itinerary is complete yet. We aren't leaving until June 20th. It's hard to think of anything else!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
well I am from China so if you want to know something. I am glad to help!
enjoy your trip!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, gracedhy,

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as I read up!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Have a great time Exclamation
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Too bad you only have one day in Shanghai. Yes the chenghua temple is a popular tourist spot - lots of dim-sum to try out. The bund at waterfront is a must see at night when it is all lit up. Pearl's tower- the city's landmark is worth seeing too. If you do go there, make sure you check out the exhibition at the basement(choose this option in your ticket combo). The exhibition vividly shows you how the city is evolved over time and how people carry out their daily life - a lot of visual and sound animation. we truely enjoyed this.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Too bad you only have one day in Shanghai. Yes the chenghua temple is a popular tourist spot - lots of dim-sum to try out. The bund at waterfront is a must see at night when it is all lit up. Pearl's tower- the city's landmark is worth seeing too. If you do go there, make sure you check out the exhibition at the basement(choose this option in your ticket combo). The exhibition vividly shows you how the city is evolved over time and how people carry out their daily life - a lot of visual and sound animation. we truely enjoyed this.

Our last day we'll have an additional half day for shopping or sightseeing. Very Happy

I would love to see that exhibition -- that sounds wonderful.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh just remembered that because we enjoyed the exhibition so much we lost track of time - we were down there probably for over an hour and we were late for the dinner date. Just thought should let you so you can pace yourself since you don't have ample time being there.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Try the yoghurt drink! So yummy. Last time I had the nice traditional one it was in Beijing. But this was 10 years ago Sad .

I also loved shopping in Shanghai and Su Zhou is well know for its chinese gardens (so beautiful if you like Asian gardens) and tea. Tea is great. Oh and art! Su Zhou use to have a few art schools based there and you could get some gorgeous chinese calligraphy and ink art for very reasonable prices. Half of what you would have to pay at the airport places.

Take lots of photos and share it with us! Wink

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yogi,

One thing recommend to do when you are in Xi'an.

Outside the "BIG Goose" temple, there is a gigantic musical water-fountain. It starts at 7pm or 8 pm I cannot remember. It is a hugh attraction for locals and visitors. I love the atmosphere - lots of joy in the air and water. It's fun to watch young kids and love birds running through the water try to get wet or not. Its' definitely something fun to do for free in a hot summer evening. After the show, you can go to the muslin food street in downtown where you can sample all the muslin type food. You cannot believe the price of food in Xi'an - it cost next to nothing. Or if you are not tired yet, shops are still open till 10pm! Oh I would love going back.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to take lots of photos.
Is it easy to use a laptop wireless in China?
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Yogi,remember to try the tradditional chinese food in China.

Have a good time! Smile
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Have a nice trip.
Don't forgot to buy "Bua Fui Leang" medical cream. (Pardon for wrong spelling)
It is useful for burning skin and quite popular souvenir.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |