Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Headaches 101
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
http://www.lifescript.com/channels/healthy_living/Health_Conditions/headaches_101.asp?page=1

I had the cluster headache which came every day and lasted a month after I gave birth to my 2nd child. The pain was so intense I wanted to blow off that side of my face. It went away after my hormones subsided, I guess. It was the most horrible thing I'd experienced.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
http://www.lifescript.com/channels/healthy_living/Health_Conditions/headaches_101.asp?page=1

I had the cluster headache which came every day and lasted a month after I gave birth to my 2nd child. The pain was so intense I wanted to blow off that side of my face. It went away after my hormones subsided, I guess. It was the most horrible thing I'd experienced.

how horrible for you! Interesting article...I wouldn't have thought that people who suffer from cluster headaches would rather move around than be still...how long did your cluster headaches last? How in heaven's name did you cope with new baby?! Did you have help when the cluster headaches hit?
pudoodles
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, there's definitely a link with hormones and headaches! I've read that cluster is the worst and I'm happy to say that I've never experienced those but I have in the past had migraines (with aura) that were so painful that I was unable to sleep for 3-4 days. I've got an Rx now for those now but I'm happy to say that one great thing about getting older is that I almost never get those headaches now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've suffered from migraines for over 40 years. I wasn't diagnosed with migraines, however, until just after my son was born. Confused That was the first time I hadn't been able to just "get away" from the noise ... and the migraines were so bad the doctor thought I might have a brain tumor! Shock

So ... I went through the testing ... and the doctor said ... "It's okay. You just have migraines."

I've often reflected on that statement ... and during particularly bad migraines have countered with "Yes ... but a brain tumor would have killed me by now. With migraines I keep suffering!" Laughing Of course, I don't really mean that.

In those days, however, migraines were considered to be among a number of "female problems" ... and treated with ... of all things ... valium! The valium did nothing to help my migraines ... but it did give me a lovely * spam alert * for 3 years! Sad

If my migraine was really bad ... I had to go to the ER and get a shot of Demeral and Gravol. That never got rid of my migraines either ... but for 7 whole hours ... I didn't care!

I had hoped to get rid of my migraines with menopause ... but no such luck. Sad While I did have hormonal triggers ... I also have sound, odor and food triggers.

Now they have meds that work 95% of the time. With watching my diet I've managed to reduce my migraines by 75%. I used to go through a package of 6 migraine meds every 7 to 10 days ... to now having a package of 6 pills lasting me about a month.

It's a way of life I'm afraid. I seem to spend most of my life either avoiding, dealing with or just getting over a migraine! Laughing

Thank god for the new meds though. At least now when I take something for a migraine, it will work ... even though I still have after-migraine effects. At least I don't lose several days in a row any more.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

how horrible for you! Interesting article...I wouldn't have thought that people who suffer from cluster headaches would rather move around than be still...how long did your cluster headaches last? How in heaven's name did you cope with new baby?! Did you have help when the cluster headaches hit?
pudoodles

Hi Pudoodles,
It was the most painful experience in my life...much worse than giving birth to 2 babies. It was worse than the Charlie's Horse I got with my 1st baby during my pregnancy only b/c the Charlie's Horse lasted 3 days and went away after I took Tums like I was eating candies.

This headache lasted a whole month for me. It came every day quite punctually between 2-4 pm, and I really dreaded afternoon. It would last about 3-6 hours. During that time, I could not take care of my new baby. Luckily I had a live-in sitter helping me. I couldn't have done it without her help. I wasn't sensitive to lights but I just laid in bed suffering silently, mostly crying.

I wouldn't wish this headache on my worst enemy. It's an awful thing to happen to anyone.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely agree about the link between headaches and hormones. Whenever PMS hits me the first sign is always a dull, throbbing headache Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Mary, you sound like me re: the HA. I could count it on monthly 2days before cycle and/or 2days afterwards. I was so thankful when Imitrex come out and then all the subsequent meds. When I hit menopause I was so hopeful of my migraines demise and they did for a few years-started HRT on and off. Now they're back but with less aura than before, some MD's have thought allergies/neck pain are the culprit. For a week I wish I could go without having a bad headache. Sigh!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |