Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
comparing lip treatments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I know we all respond differently but just curious if anyone has tried Lips2Kiss, Candessence Lip Service and Carekates overnight lip treatment and if you have any opinions about them for you. I am assuming Carekates will be available one day again.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I used L2K for 3 months with no results, decided to quit. Used Carekates product and didn't see anything happening as well but I only used it for about a month. I use Candy's Lip Service and love it. I have been using it almost 3 weeks and have seen some improvement in the plumping but more important my lips are never never dry. I just love love this product. I don't expect my lips to get much fuller as I have always had thin lips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Frodo - I have seen nicer color from both Carekate and Lips2Kiss. Do you see that from Candy's too. Also what is the consistency of Candy's. I am trying to find something for my husband too but he does not like anything that feels glossy. Carekate's is thick - not runny so that might be the only one that would work but I have not tried Candy's yet.
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Not Frodo, but Candessence Lip Service has a definite gloss, so I don't think most men would like it. Also, it has a bit a tingle, then numbness before it returns to normal, so I don't think most men would tolerate it Very Happy . I do like the natural rosy color of it; it sounds like it's similar to the others in that way.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Hi Frodo - I have seen nicer color from both Carekate and Lips2Kiss. Do you see that from Candy's too. Also what is the consistency of Candy's. I am trying to find something for my husband too but he does not like anything that feels glossy. Carekate's is thick - not runny so that might be the only one that would work but I have not tried Candy's yet.

I should have mentioned that Candy's Lip Service also gives my lips a nice pick color. I also agree with LilLoco that I don't think this is suited for men because of the gloss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I am on the lookout for one that does not have waxes in it that gives color and hydrates for husband. He is a chapstick guy and now after cutting out all waxes I can feel what Kandis from Lips2Kiss is talking about. It feels gross to me now - like lips can't breath. I guess the BEST would be Carekate's overnight then. Maybe Perfect Complexion's Perfect Kisser in the mean time until I can get that one again.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used Carekate's and plan to get Candy's in my next order but I must say that Carekate's is more of a lip balm rather than a lip rejuvenator/plumper product like L2K or Candessence's. Candessence's recommend that her Lip Service treatment is not to be used in replacement of lipbalm (stated on the site) and that IF you need extra hydration to use balm over it so I would assume you can use Candessence's and Carekate's together for the ultimate lip treatment.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
The balm is thicker though. Did she say to use Balm over the treatment? Seems it might be the other way around.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
This is what it says on Candessence:
"A convienient angled tip squeeze tube - apply as needed at least twice a day. This is not a lip balm - use your choice of balm, stain, color over the treatment if desired. Often there will be a 'shedding' within a day or so if used as recommended. This is normal, and unlike peeling you may have experienced previously - not painful."
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:33 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Hmm, I am on the lookout for one that does not have waxes in it that gives color and hydrates for husband. He is a chapstick guy and now after cutting out all waxes I can feel what Kandis from Lips2Kiss is talking about. It feels gross to me now - like lips can't breath. I guess the BEST would be Carekate's overnight then. Maybe Perfect Complexion's Perfect Kisser in the mean time until I can get that one again.

Yes, I agree with others that because of the gloss with Candessence Lip Service, it probably wouldn't suit most men - fantastic and one of the very best for women, though.

In the meantime, why don't you buy him an Eye and Lip Treatment cream? I use Valmont's Cellular Eye & Lip Treatment, which is amazingly moisturising, but there are cheaper ones available. Because they're actually moisturising creams, they seem to be far more effective than lip balms. Plus they tend to sink in well, leaving the lips comfortable and hydrated, but not as though you're wearing lip gloss.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
My grown son loves and swears by Burt's Bees. I also highly recommend the lip balms fromwww.thebodyperfumery.com

Feels great on my lips and is healing.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
This is what it says on Candessence:
"A convienient angled tip squeeze tube - apply as needed at least twice a day. This is not a lip balm - use your choice of balm, stain, color over the treatment if desired. Often there will be a 'shedding' within a day or so if used as recommended. This is normal, and unlike peeling you may have experienced previously - not painful."

HI Sormuimui-

Yup you are right - thanks.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Wonder if these other things have wax in them though. That is what I want to stay away from. Not sure if what Kandis says is true but I do feel a difference
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I've been using L2K for about 3 months now and my lips are sooo hydrated and soft now that I barely need to put anything on. They got more rosy too. It's the best thing that can ever happen to my lips.. I used to be a lip gloss & lip balm junkie..I must admit all of those probably were what ruined my lips. Her products do not feel like they have waxes in them at all and they sink right in. Most products that contain waxes in them do sit on the surface of your lips for a long time.. Also.. Perfect Complexion Butter Kisser Lip Balm does have natural beewax in it.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I've been using L2K for about 3 months now and my lips are sooo hydrated and soft now that I barely need to put anything on. They got more rosy too. It's the best thing that can ever happen to my lips.. I used to be a lip gloss & lip balm junkie..I must admit all of those probably were what ruined my lips. Her products do not feel like they have waxes in them at all and they sink right in. Most products that contain waxes in them do sit on the surface of your lips for a long time.. Also.. Perfect Complexion Butter Kisser Lip Balm does have natural beewax in it.

Oh really it does? I thought it was just oils. I think she says something about the waxes not being good. Anyway, don't see how she can get that harder consistency without the wax. I also love Lips2Kiss. I have to use it throught the day to really stay plumped though. I use Sexy Mama but better to do her day routine. If I use her day system they look awesome and of course I look the best right before bed after the hair dryer thing. I have this Flex mouth exercise thing and I do it right after I do the night routine and my lips literally pulse with plumpness and color. Too bad my husband is asleep most of the time when I slither into bed in the wee hours of the morning after visiting all the boards I am on, lol. I wish my lips could stay like that but I think a few layers of filler in there with the Lips2Kiss would be awesome!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |