Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DIY Tooth Whitening - CareKate's Recipe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone here tried CareKate's tooth whitening formula?

Arrow (Auro Ear (Wax Removal) Drops and/or GlyOxide oral hygiene product.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lots and lots have with great results, if you do a search, you can find a huge thread, somewhere on it! But I hear it does work!
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Lots and lots have with great results, if you do a search, you can find a huge thread, somewhere on it! But I hear it does work!

Hi MelissaMarie,

I've decided to give it a try and why not? Cool

It sounds simple yet effective. It would be awesome to discover something (homemade) that mirror's $$ retail products. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Does the wax removal drops or gly oxide have a disgusting taste? I feel weird putting those in my mouth

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
The Glyoxide is for tooth health. It's slightly minty-sweet. But I think the earwax drops worked better for me, though they're both pretty darn good.

hth

A

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
ladyA- I use the Gly Oxide and it works brilliantly! I recently went to an open day at a beauty clinic where tooth whitening was being carried out at half-price. I enquired about it and was told that my teeth matched the whitest shade that they could achieve. I hadn't realised how bright they actually are and it's all down to using that,so I owe CareKate a big thankyou.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
My dentist, about ten yrs ago, told em to buy gly oxide instead of refill gel for my trays. He said its same, works as good and alot cheaper! That was enons ago! So even dentists or at least mine approve and have known of this for ages...
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy these 2 products in the States?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Where can you buy these 2 products in the States?

walgreens ect....
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks MelissaMarie Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
ladyA- I use the Gly Oxide and it works brilliantly! I recently went to an open day at a beauty clinic where tooth whitening was being carried out at half-price. I enquired about it and was told that my teeth matched the whitest shade that they could achieve. I hadn't realised how bright they actually are and it's all down to using that,so I owe CareKate a big thankyou.

I was able to find Murine (Wax Removal) Drops in my local drug store and have used it for a couple of days with mild results (but slightly noticable.) Just for comparison I've searched for GlyOxide but to no avail (yet.)

I am known to be persistent though Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,

I've still had no luck finding a pharmacy that sells Glyoxide in Vancouver. Can anyone help?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'v been using the Murine also, and I really don't ming the taste. My teeth were already pretty white, but when I do use the Murine, it reall brightens them up. I didn't think I'd notice any change, but I did, and fairly quickly.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
LadyA, I live in the UK and like you, couldn't find Gly-oxide anywhere. CareKate sent me some when I ordered from her. Maybe it's only available in the USA. Do you know anyone there who could get you some and send it, or maybe another member may offer!
havana8

Wed May 16, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I'v been using the Murine also, and I really don't ming the taste. My teeth were already pretty white, but when I do use the Murine, it reall brightens them up. I didn't think I'd notice any change, but I did, and fairly quickly.

Diana, are these Murine Eye Drops? or Murine Wax Removal Drops? Do you mind me asking where you found them?

TIA!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Diana P wrote:

Diana, are these Murine Eye Drops? or Murine Wax Removal Drops? Do you mind me asking where you found them?

TIA!

It's the Murine Ear Wax Remover Drops, with 6.5% carbamide peroxide. I just got them at PharmaPlus, I think for about $6. It's quite thick, so I just apply a few drops using my finger, onto my front teeth, then close my mouth for as long as I can, at least for 10 mins. Then I use a toothbrush and bruch my teeth with it. It didn't take long to notice a difference.
Coco Panda

Wed May 23, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

This is my first post - I've been lurking on these boards regarding tooth whitening with ear drops. Very interesting. I'm also in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I couldn't find Auro ear wax removal but I did find another product called Flents ear drops (same active ingredient as Auro). It seems LadyA is having trouble finding GlyOxide where we live - if anyone finds out where we can buy it, do let us know! Would like to try that also.

See ya!
cecelia
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
For those of you using the glyoxide, how often do you do it? Do you use this daily or intermittently?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
cecelia wrote:
For those of you using the glyoxide, how often do you do it? Do you use this daily or intermittently?
I use it every time I brush my teeth -- I wet my toothbrush, squeeze on a couple drops of Gly Oxide and then my toothpaste and then get to brushin! Smile In addition to whitening my teeth, the Gly Oxide just makes my whole mouth feel cleaner....

I'm going to google some Canadian online pharmacies to see if I can find an equivilent product that you ladies can use...I'll update you if I find anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
cecelia wrote:
I use it every time I brush my teeth -- I wet my toothbrush, squeeze on a couple drops of Gly Oxide and then my toothpaste and then get to brushin! Smile In addition to whitening my teeth, the Gly Oxide just makes my whole mouth feel cleaner....

I'm going to google some Canadian online pharmacies to see if I can find an equivilent product that you ladies can use...I'll update you if I find anything.

Sorry, I can't find any Canadian equivilent to Gly Oxide on the online pharmacies/drug stores but I'd be happy to make a custom purchase for anyone outside the US that wants to try it -- just PM me.

For everyone else in the US, remember that the ear drops are going to be found in the Eye/Ear Care section of the drugstore. Gly Oxide is going to be found in the toothpaste/mouthwash/denture cream/dental floss aisle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie, do you prefer the Gly Oxide over the Aura Ear drops?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Yes. The ear drops have a strange minty taste (why the ear drops are flavored is anyone's guess b/c we don't have tastebuds in our ear canals, right?!) while the Gly Oxide is completely flavorless. Also, the Gly Oxide has a higher precentage of peroxide (10% vs. 6.5% in the ear drops) so I feel they work a bit faster to get noticeable results but both of them work as well as high-dollar tooth whitening products. If they ever stop making Gly Oxide, I'd go back to using the ear drops in a heartbeat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi carekate, thanks so much for passing on this teeth whitening tip. I was wondering how long you keep the stuff on your teeth/in your mouth?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Lisey wrote:
Yes. The ear drops have a strange minty taste (why the ear drops are flavored is anyone's guess b/c we don't have tastebuds in our ear canals, right?!) while the Gly Oxide is completely flavorless. Also, the Gly Oxide has a higher precentage of peroxide (10% vs. 6.5% in the ear drops) so I feel they work a bit faster to get noticeable results but both of them work as well as high-dollar tooth whitening products. If they ever stop making Gly Oxide, I'd go back to using the ear drops in a heartbeat!

I've been using the Murine eardrops for a while, and do see some effects although minimal. I still haven't been able to find GlyOxide in Cdn pharmacies yet. I drink tea, coffee and red wine - and unfortunate mix.

Looking for updates.

Many thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
ladyA wrote:
I still haven't been able to find GlyOxide in Cdn pharmacies yet.
There's a possibility that you guys have an equivilent product up there, but it has a different brand name. The actual purpose of GLy Oxide is as an "oral antiseptic cleanser" and/or "brushing aid."

Next time you're at the drugstore or supermarket, mosey down the toothpaste/mouthwash aisle and see if there's any product that is labled as a oral antiseptic cleanser or brushing aid. If you find something that looks likely, take a look at the ingredient label and see if it contains "10% carbamide peroxide," which is the primary active ingredient in Gly Oxide.

Another thought: do you guys have any branches of the American-based pharmacy chains like Walgreens, CVS, or RiteAid up there? Or maybe Walmart or Target? If you do, you might have more luck finding it at one of the stores.

Again, I'm happy to make a CP (custom purchase) for anyone outside the US that wants to try it -- just PM me.

One more thing: if you can give me the names of some Canadian pharmacy chains, I'll take a look at there websites and see if I can find a Gly Oxide clone for you. When I tried to look for Cdn drugstore websites earilier, the only ones that came up on my search was one's that actually sell prescription meds online for Americans that can't afford to buy there meds here because they don't have health insurance coverage (and because American pharmaceutical companies charge the earth for the meds sold here Confused )....

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |