Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review for Burt's Bees Baby Bee Apricot Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
This review is long overdue, as I am completely and totally addicted to this stuff!!! It is, simply put, the BEST bath and body oil I have ever used, bar none!!! Here are a few of the times when I use it:
*I add a splash to my bathwater for silky smooth skin
*I poured some into an empty Zenbiotic spray bottle and I keep it in the shower for spraying onto my legs after I shave them. Afterwards I can't stop feeling my legs because they feel so soft!
*I poured some into an empty dropper bottle, and every night before bed I use it as a cuticle oil on my fingers and toes. I've noticed since I've been doing this that my manis and pedis last longer, AND I don't have those pesky hangnails that I couldn't seem to get rid of before.

Quick story: the other day I tried to wax my legs using wax that is NOT water-soluable. The result: I ended up with my whole body covered in sticky patches of wax that I couldn't remove, UGH!!!! I tried sitting in the bath and plying it with Baby Bee oil, but apparently only Baby Oil with Mineral Oil will do the trick, so the next day I had DH pick some up on his way home from lunch. What a difference! When I used the Baby Bee Apricot oil it may not have actually removed the wax, but when I got out of the tub my whole body was soft, silky, gleaming, and not to mention yummy-smelling! The next day when I used the regular baby oil it did remove the wax, but for the rest of the day my skin was greasy and sticky and definitely NOT hydrated. So, that little episode definitely spelled out the superiority of the Baby Bee Oil for me.

The Baby Bee Oil comes in a gorgeous glass bottle. It's not very practical, though, for a slippery shower, so I keep the glass bottle out on my counter top because it looks so nice, and I just decant the oil into other bottles. The smell is the same Baby Bee smell, however, the apricot smell is a little more prominent in this oil than in the other products. Suffice to say, I LOVE the scent, and so does DH. You can buy it at drugstores or at drugstore.com, and it costs $7.99 for a 3 oz bottle, or $14 for an 8 oz bottle. It may seem a bit pricey, but I've been using my big bottle daily for month and still have a third or so left, so a little really does go a long way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this from Vitacost but they only have the smaller bottle. I'll definitely buy the bigger bottle next time! I love this stuff as well! That's a great idea putting it in a spray bottle...I definitely need to try that!

That's for yet another great Baby Bee review!
xoxo!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
also need to put mine in a spray bottle, such a good idea. I LOVE this stuff, and the scent is so universally appealing -- I hate the smell of baby products and am one of those rare people that even thinks babies do not smell good, and I still love this whole line. It doesn't make me feel cutesy or little girlish, I think it's just a nice warm summery scent.
plus, I like that it actually is apricot kernal oil. so many body oils say they are almond or avocado or whatever and you read the label and it's 90% safflower or some other cheap vegetable oil that does not sink in as well as the one advertised on the bottle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
also need to put mine in a spray bottle, such a good idea. I LOVE this stuff, and the scent is so universally appealing -- I hate the smell of baby products and am one of those rare people that even thinks babies do not smell good, and I still love this whole line. It doesn't make me feel cutesy or little girlish, I think it's just a nice warm summery scent.
plus, I like that it actually is apricot kernal oil. so many body oils say they are almond or avocado or whatever and you read the label and it's 90% safflower or some other cheap vegetable oil that does not sink in as well as the one advertised on the bottle.

Waffle, I totally agree--- I hate the body oils that claim to be so nourishing and then they are like 5% premium oil and then 95% filler. I was so used to those cheap body oils that when I first got the Baby Bee Oil I expected it to be greasy and not soak in like the others so I used it really cautiously, just in the shower. Then when I figured out how nourishing it is and how quickly it soaks in, I started using it all the time. Sometimes right before bed when I am putting the oil on my nails I also smooth some on my legs--- it's absorbed right away and never gets on my sheets.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I like to rub some on my lips at night before I get in bed. It's close to my nose so I get to smell it as I fall asleep, and then I wake up with nice soft lips!
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, you've convinced me. Next time I order BB stuff this is on my list.
Thanks!!
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitly try this. I have been using palmer's body oil for a long time and totally looking for a nice change now. Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really can't believe how well this soaks in...better than any oil I've tried.

Keeps my skin scented and moisturized all day...fabulous!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
You can buy it at drugstores or at drugstore.com, and it costs $7.99 for a 3 oz bottle, or $14 for an 8 oz bottle. It may seem a bit pricey, but I've been using my big bottle daily for month and still have a third or so left, so a little really does go a long way.

Liz, where do you buy your big bottle? I can't find it on drugstore.com and vitacost.com doesn't seem to carry it either (though I sent them an email and suggested it to them).

Besides the BB website...is there another site? Or do you buy it at a store? The stores in my area that carry the Baby Bee line don't have the larger bottle.

TIA...hugs!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Anyone here know if i can BB from any of the Australia drugstore or online? It always took me such a long time to receive my parcel from shipping..

Regards,
Jun
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
You can buy it at drugstores or at drugstore.com, and it costs $7.99 for a 3 oz bottle, or $14 for an 8 oz bottle. It may seem a bit pricey, but I've been using my big bottle daily for month and still have a third or so left, so a little really does go a long way.

Liz, where do you buy your big bottle? I can't find it on drugstore.com and vitacost.com doesn't seem to carry it either (though I sent them an email and suggested it to them).

Besides the BB website...is there another site? Or do you buy it at a store? The stores in my area that carry the Baby Bee line don't have the larger bottle.

TIA...hugs!

Hi Paris! Wow, that's weird that drugstore.com et al carry the small bottle but not the big bottle! Anyways, I got my big bottle at my gorcery store, however, you can order it from burtsbees.com too. A little pricey, but soooo worth it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah...sigh. BB charges quite a bit for shipping (7 bucks) so I'll probably wait until I can put a big order in and get free shipping.

ETA:
I just checked BB store locater...I have two more options in town that I need to check (all the others only carry the lip balms or carry more of the line but not the Baby Bee.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz,you cause me want to try this stuff Very Happy

Thanks for your sharing Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I know! I'm hooked on this line because of Liz's reviews!

I've stopped wearing my Tiffany perfume and only wear this lotion and dab the Apricot oil on my pulse points.

Oh Tiffany will be saved for nights out, but for me to stop wearing perfume daily in lieu of lotion and an oil is an amazing feat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
If anyone in the UK wants to try this, (and who wouldn't after such a rave review!), it's currently on special offer at a website I've used before and had great service from: http://www.glowgirl.co.uk

The Apricot Oil is priced at £6.99 (instead of £10.49 on other sites)

The Buttermilk Bath Pint is priced at £11.99 (instead of £17.99 on other sites)

And while you're there, if you're interested in Air Stocking, glowgirl are selling it for £9.99 instead of the usual £24.99!

Lots of other bargains on there too.

I've just ordered some of the Buttermilk powder and Apricot Oil myself. Been lemming this for a while.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb - thanks for that link. I bought the Baby Bee getting started kit yesterday and am about to go for a soak in the bath to test it all Very Happy
I'll no doubt end up buying the larger sizes, so it's good to know where to get them for a few less ££.
Thanks again.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oops Embarassed I seem to have spoken too soon. I can't seem to access that link, and I can't find the website either??
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Update: As far as I can tell, the big bottle of this stuff has been discontinued since I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's strange to me that it was discontinued since I honestly think they should sell this liquid gold by the gallon, however, it's still definitely worth it IMO to get it in any amount or size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
Oops Embarassed I seem to have spoken too soon. I can't seem to access that link, and I can't find the website either??

I've just checked, Rachael, and it's working for me. Are you still having problems?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Update: As far as I can tell, the big bottle of this stuff has been discontinued since I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's strange to me that it was discontinued since I honestly think they should sell this liquid gold by the gallon, however, it's still definitely worth it IMO to get it in any amount or size.

That's probably why it's on the glowgirl website at a cheaper price, I reckon. Can't believe they've discontinued the larger one, as it seems so very popular.

Ain't it always the way! Crying or Very sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's weird...it's not listed on BB website as being discontinued. It's still available (granted it's 14 plus 7 shipping unless you order 45 bucks worth of products) and not under their list of stuff they are set to get rid of in 2007. Maybe an email to BB is in order.

Whatcha ya doin' to us, Burt?

ETA: I SPOKE TOO SOON...I just tried to add it to the cart (just to see) and it's out of stock!!!

Definitely time to email!!!

ETA #2: Just sent them an email asking when it would be back in stock...hope to get a note from them soon!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
You guys could probably make this on your own, here are the ingredients:

Apricot kernel oil, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I agree edenfield...but the scent...MY GOSH THE SCENT! That is what makes it Smile

Yet another reason to try to figure out how to replicate it...make our own oil AND perfume!!!

I'm so determined...but I know nothing of mixing fragrance...maybe I need a crash course on it.
I'm tempted to email those sites I posted in the solid perfume thread and ask exactly what they put in it.
Though somehow I doubt they'd share it Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Having the perfume though could be a bad thing, since maybe it could irritate some people? (I doubt it though Confused)
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb - found the weebsite. NOt sure what the problem was, but am now tempted to order....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |