Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I do use LM primer with MMU and Silk Creme and I like it...it was my first primer so cant really compare. I just bought Make Up Forever primer and I'm liking it so far. I have been doing the primer then using Silk Creme as a concealer (acne scars and under eye) and then light dusting of MMU on top. I set my under eye concealer with secret brightener. I need foundation and I have found none better than LM but if you dont need it you are lucky.

The secret brightner is just for around the eyes and sometimes I use it on my eyelids to set my UD Primer Potion and get a perfect "no makeup look".

I also have the LM tinted moisturizer...as you can tell LM is my favorite make up and I have not found anything that disappoints me...yet.
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to report my shopping today! I went to Holt Renfrew and tried out the LM foundations. I tried the minerals, the silk creme and the oil free liquid foundation, my pick was the oil free liquid, it goes on smoother and more natural looking. I ended up buying the foundation, the primer, the camouflage concealer, the brush, and the secret brightening pen. Now I'm broke! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I think the color was too dark for me, I normally use Mac25 or Mac 30, but the lady put the "golden beige" on me! I find it a bit dark after my oil sets in! Crying or Very sad Now I'm wondering if I can take it back and exchange it for a shade lighter (?).
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Pooh Bear wrote:
I just want to report my shopping today! I went to Holt Renfrew and tried out the LM foundations. I tried the minerals, the silk creme and the oil free liquid foundation, my pick was the oil free liquid, it goes on smoother and more natural looking. I ended up buying the foundation, the primer, the camouflage concealer, the brush, and the secret brightening pen. Now I'm broke! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I think the color was too dark for me, I normally use Mac25 or Mac 30, but the lady put the "golden beige" on me! I find it a bit dark after my oil sets in! Crying or Very sad Now I'm wondering if I can take it back and exchange it for a shade lighter (?).

Oh, for sure, Poohbear! Don't give it a second thought - they'll exchange it for you. I've done it before - no problem, and they/she/he should be especially responsive to you since the representative selected the shade for you!
Don't worry Smile
pudoodles
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I really think I'm going to buy this once my TM runs out. While I wish I could sample it first (the only place that sells LM is a posh spa resort that only guests can drive into!) I might order from Sephora, knowing I can return it if it doesn't work.

I'm hoping it gives a little bit better coverage than the TM without ending up greasy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Pudoodles, I think they will exchange it, it's just a bit of a long drive. Smile

Paris, I think it does have a good coverage, the silk creme is thicker and covers better. I only tried it on today and I don't know how it's holding up though, I will have to wear it all day long & test it out more, will come back in a week or two to update.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been wearing this a few more days now and I must say I still mean every single rave I made in my review. I'm the type to be completely paranoid about my makeup during the day - I touch my face occasionally when I'm at home but once I have makeup on I'm VERY good about not touching my face because I always feel as if my makeup would look odd in different lighting or when different people see me so I do my best not to ruin it in anyway. But nevertheless I shudder at the thought of looking myself at the mirror at makeup counters during the day just because those lightings always make me look awful and I always think "how on earth did I put my makeup on like that today?!" Well today I was out to check out the new MAC collection and the new Guerlain Pucci Meteorites and I must say I never looked so good under those lighting before. And when I got home 7 hours later I went to the washroom, looked in the mirror and thought WOW, my face looks SO good today! Seriously I felt as if I looked even better than when I applied the makeup this afternoon before heading out. No breakouts and although I can't attribute everything to this foundation (my skin has been free of new breakouts lately and scars are beginning to fade) this sure looks a lot better than any MMU I've ever tried. I love this and I'm out to buy the full size tomorrow along with the Real Sand MMU (finally back in stock after 3 weeks!).
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Pooh Bear wrote:

Paris, I think it does have a good coverage, the silk creme is thicker and covers better. I only tried it on today and I don't know how it's holding up though, I will have to wear it all day long & test it out more, will come back in a week or two to update.

thanks Pooh Bear...Keep us posted on your results. I'm not due to replace my TM yet (trying really really REALLY hard to not buy prematurely...I think that was one of my NY resolutions --> FINISH my products before buying replacements!) but I'm really starting to want this!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome review!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sold! Although I still have so many foundations left, I can't hold off my lemming any longer. I'm going to get it later today. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I would add that I've been using this foundation for at least six months and it's great. I "stipple" the areas that need a little more coverage with a brush, but will try a sponge to see if it improves the coverage. I should add that you only need a small amount of product and you can layer if required. I have never broken out from this product and its coverage and durability (long wearing) are superior to a lot of foundations that I have tried over the years. BTW I use a tiny amount of JI pressed powder (applied with a brush) to set the foundation in the areas I need a little more coverage (broken caps around nose area). HTH.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Have you guys tried "stippling" with your old foundations? Maybe it's not so much the Laura Mercier foundation, but the technique.

Could save you some money Laughing
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
Have you guys tried "stippling" with your old foundations? Maybe it's not so much the Laura Mercier foundation, but the technique.

What exactly is stippling? Can someone please explain to me? hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have been in love with Prescriptive's true skin and they have been working so well on me. It looks so natural on me but unfortunately HK doesnt carry this one so when I was away from North America I have to ask my bf to buy it for me. The only issue is it is natural to semi coverage and not enough for special occasions like banquet which need some semi to full coverage.

So I went to try LM silk foundation. I bought a primer which works well on me. But this foundation which is Ivory I don't quite like it. I used it for a wedding party and my T zones are so oily. Also it is not as easy as PX to apply. I love LM and have been using their loose powder for years. But unfortunately this foundation doesnt work well on me.

Btw I am an Asian. I will go try Gorgia Armani's silk something foundation. My friends all said it works the best!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

I actually have. The thing is this technique works with LM because of LM's texture. This would not work for something thicker (as it would not blend as well) or if something was lighter (liquids won't give you much coverage with this tecnique + it would likely cake). That's just my opinion anyways. Plus I don't think the LM is expensive (maybe even cheaper than some of the ones I've tried!) and it truly lasts a long time before the technique in conjunction with LM's texture makes you use very little and in the long run you are saving product and repurchasing less often (for me anyways). Using this technique with other foundations may not save the product as it might require even more product to get the desired effect.

Lynn: stippling is like "dabbing" your face with a sponge or brush. I hope that word makes more sense, it's the quick movement of "pushing" and "lifting" the sponge/brush on your face.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
edenfield wrote:

I actually have. The thing is this technique works with LM because of LM's texture. This would not work for something thicker (as it would not blend as well) or if something was lighter (liquids won't give you much coverage with this tecnique + it would likely cake). That's just my opinion anyways. Plus I don't think the LM is expensive (maybe even cheaper than some of the ones I've tried!) and it truly lasts a long time before the technique in conjunction with LM's texture makes you use very little and in the long run you are saving product and repurchasing less often (for me anyways). Using this technique with other foundations may not save the product as it might require even more product to get the desired effect.

Lynn: stippling is like "dabbing" your face with a sponge or brush. I hope that word makes more sense, it's the quick movement of "pushing" and "lifting" the sponge/brush on your face.

Thanks sormuimui!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I started using this foundation a couple of weeks ago regularly. I use a wet sponge and also stipple it on. I seriously only have to use a pea size amount of the foundation, and sometimes that is even too much. It looks so natural, and covers so well. I love it!
I would have never thought to do the stippling thing with a sponge, and when I first got the foundation I was using a brush, it was no where near as nice as it looks with the sponge. Thanks!
Lisie
5% products discount

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I am in love with this too! If you read my other comment on the LM MMU review, you'd now see that I bought these two at the same time. It was a fun trip to Sephora. Smile But holy smokes... I love this more than the MMU. I'm thrilled that I found a foundation that is light, has full coverage and blends seamlessly with my skin. I had a light bulb moment that my former liquid foundation was breaking me out and that my MMU didn't provide enough coverage or staying power. So I was searching for a new line. I did some reasearch, and picked out the LM silk cream and mineral makeup. At first I wasn't sure about the LM MMU, but the Silk Cream is hands down awesome. I get a satiny/silky finish to my skin. I only need a tiny bit and it blends so easily. Color makeup applies beautifully to it. With the LM pressed setting powder (which is also georgeous b/c it is not messy, does not change the color of the makeup, is very silky, but holy smokes really does set the make up and controll shine all day and I have slightly oily skin even in winter) my skin still looked great when I went to wash my face at midnight last night and no breakouts Smile. I got it in Cream Ivory and apply it with my fingers and use a sponge to smooth out the edges (stippling sounds like too much work). I do not use it with a primer, just my moisturizer. I think its funny that the sales rep at Sephora picked out cream ivory in this for me and tender rose in the mmu. Perhaps that is why I don't like it as much. I'll go check out the real sand on my next trip. Back to the silk cream... its awesome and I have stopped looking for a new foundation.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine loves Laura Mercier foundation. She said it doesn't clog her pore or cause breakout. I have yet to try it, but it sounds like something I should consider with all the raves here.
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I like their base. It's non-greasy, light-weight, and my makeup lasts longer for the day.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
How does Silk Cream foundation compare to her TM oil-free formula? Same consistency but more coverage?

I wear LM TM in Nude, so would Ivory Cream be a good choice? I am NC25 approx.

Thanks for any help!

5% products discount

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love this foundation!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Queen0331 wrote:
I love this foundation!

Good! What do you like most about it, Queen?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love its primer. I will try this foundation tomorrow.
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great review...thanks for shedding some light on this great product. I absolutely love the LM concealer and invisible setting powder and have been wanting to try a foundation, so I will definitely look into this one!
schowong
5% products discount

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Base is the very important part of makeup. It requires time to set and to learn how to apply foundation on face and neck evenly.

This Laura Mercier foundation I bought doesn't require skills to apply it. It is easy to apply and set by itself. First time when I applied it on my face I was affraid that this time again I wont be able to give my skin even and smooth look but I was amazed to see the results. It got set immediately after i applied it and gave me even and smooth look. After that I applied my makeup and it really complimented it. It's worth....... to pay for it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |