Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and I must say I'm in LOOOVE! This is a very lightweight foundation that offers medium to heavy coverage. I use so little of it that I still have some of my sample left that the SA made for me. This gives me a very polished look, a glowy finish similar to the finish of LM's Mineral Foundation (as a lot of you are now familiar) and covers well with only a small amount of product so the 1.7oz tube will last forever, plus it's buildable on problem areas. It NEVER enhances my flakies and seriously - NO foundation, liquid, cream, gel, powder or mineral has EVER been able to accomplish that. You can't see my flakies even close up with this foundation. The trick the SA told me was to STIPPLE this on with a sponge - do not use a brush and do NOT blend downwards or upwards or however you usually apply liquid/cream/gel foundations, just STIPPLE. And WOW, honestly I was quite suspicious of whether "stippling" would blend the foundation properly or give me enough coverage but I now believe that this is the best technique I've learned ever. The stippling allows you to spread very well with just the right amount of coverage, the foundation itself just blends right in. I can see how if you apply it like regular foundation it will probably start off with a sheer coverage and require layering but the stippling gives you the needed coverage in one step. Plus if you need more in problem areas the stippling allows for an easier concentrated application. Usually if I happen to have a cyst I will put some mineral on top and that gives me a perfect concealing effect, so I don't even use concealer with this foundation. But I do use finishing powder on top of it to set as a preference. I don't get oilier with this compared to when I'm using MMU and the foundation lasts all day with the same wonderful finish. No caking at all even after a long day and some oil breakthrough. No breakouts at all either! Usually with any foundation even MMU sometimes I find an extra pimple after a long day of makeup which seems normal to me (not that the makeup was breaking me out but the fact that I had a long day of makeup on me probably ended in one or 2 clogged pores). But I haven't experienced this at all with the silk creme! That really is a first and I think it's due to the fact I really only need a very small amount of it so my skin isn't as suffocated. Sometimes I feel this lets my skin breathe better than MMU because I'd have to layer MMU for the needed coverage which might end up suffocating my skin anyway. I highly recommend and it MAY possibly be HG for me (still too early to say though, I'm reluctant to give any foundation HG status). For those of you who use MMU on a daily basis this is the PERFECT alternative on those days when MMU just doesn't work or on days where you want an extra polished look (plus you can always layer MMU over it). I might still use MMU on a daily basis myself just for the purity of it but I honestly do prefer this to LM's MMU or any other foundation/MMU I've ever used.

I use Creme Ivory in this, I'm about MAC NC20, fair to light with fair olive skintones. This corresponds pretty well with LM's Real Sand as when I compared my samples the colors looked almost the same and on my skin it seems to be the same as well. I think Rose Ivory would be equivalent to Tendre Rose. Creme Ivory is still slightly darker than my skintone and a tad too peachy. I don't think this will work for those with fair skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |