Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Essentials Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I think it'a quite expensive when compare with other mineral cosmetics.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I didn't mind BM but have found better mineral makeup at better prices. Try Physician Formula available at drug stores.
PRETGRL

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I really like BE. When I first used it, I absolutley hated it (prior to watching DVD), after I watched the DVD and applied a small amount, I like it. Also, I have very oily skin and am prone to break outs, and this seems to help my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Never could get the color just right on my skin AND I did not like the sheen it had to it. Although I do like their Mineral Veil.
Deneve
5% products discount

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried it. I bought the entire kit. Though I use the brushes I don't use the foundation or anything else in the kit. While I was using it, it dried me out as well as cause breakouts. I tried using only the mineral veil and while it didn't dry me out, it caused a bunch of breakouts. I dare not use their products again.

But definitely opting to buy Laura Mercier.
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've used BE for many years and have loved it! In the beginning, it took a few tries to apply it correctly for me. I don't use their primer, just my normal products.
After reading the numerous reviews for Laura Mercier's MMU, I took a look at it while at the mall this past weekend. It is a much finer powder than BE. So, I bought it. I have had more compliments on my skin/makeup this week than I've ever had.
I like both products, but am sticking with LM now!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I use BE occasionally, but it seems to settle in and around pores and makes them look larger.
I like Pur Minerals best.Very creamy finish. The only place I've ever seen them is at an ULTA.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I love the way BE feels, will never go back to liquid cakey foundations again. However, I agree its really hard to get colors that actually match your skin tone. I would recommend going to the BE stores or Sephora if you don't have a BE store in your area. They can find 2 shades that match your skin tone. I use the medium beige and light, which work well for me. Again everyone has different reactions, but I love MMU.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wore BE for three years, then got tired of the limited colour selection, and tested GloMinerals, which I am much more satisfied with.

Recently, I bought a tub of BE again, but now I find that I can't wear it at all; it makes my skin itch and burn, plus it makes my very dry skin even drier, plus, it accentuates pores. So I'll probably won't use it up, or at least wait until the summer and see whether my skin can tolerate it.

I'd love to try a few more brands, but I'm quite overwhelmed by the colour selection, and end up getting a migraine from trying to make a decision. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I think different people have different reaction on the mineral powder. I would like to try it, but I am comfortable buying the commercial lines at the store. I usually buy one and try. If the stuff is not good, next time, I get another type, till I find the one that suits my skin. The commercial ads promises you alot, but usually they don't deliver what they promise. The best thing to do is to try it for yourself and see first....

Cuddles wrote:
Hated it. I have beautiful skin, but this make-up managed to find and highlight every tiny flaw.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like BE very much, but I didn't really like any MMU on my skin. I found BE too shiny and Jane Iredale too dull.

The only thing I liked was the mineral veil from BE.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tried BE, Jane Iredale, PurMinerals and Everyday Minerals. BE was a huge mess and maybe I couldn't apply it properly but it was always so uneven. PurMinerals came off my face everywhere (cell phone, sunglasses etc) and didn't last all day at all, everyday minerals also didn't seem to last and I just couldn't get the hang of the loose powder. I've settled on Jane Iredale pressed powder, but one of my friends swears by Laura Mercier, so if I ever get tired of Jane Iredale, I may try that too. MMU is probably 25-50% more expensive than regular makeup, but for me it's worth the extra costs to keep my skin happy all the time. Before, makeup would make me break out all the time, esp in summer. HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |