Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Arizona or New Mexico
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
My husband and I are planning on buying a second home and were thinking about Arizona or New Mexico. Anyone live in one of these states or knows about them, maybe have relatives you have visited. Looking for a place that's not too big, maybe population of 50,000 and under, with things to do and has a hospital. Getting older makes you think of hospitals and clinics (fact of life). Just thought I would ask. I have been on the internet checking out places and the cost of real estate. Maybe what we should do is just buy a motor home and a place to park it with hook ups and call it good. Would like to spend the winters where it is warmer that here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sedona is fabulous...if you want under 50,000 Phoenix and surrounding areas are out, as well as Tucson.

But Sedona is one of my most favorite places in the state!!!

I'm not familiar with NM though...only drove through it on my way here to AZ Smile Though there is an awesome town called Truth and Consequences... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oooooooooh I love Sedona too. I took my mom on a road trip all through Arizona a few years ago. It was wonderful! I absolutely fell in love with the state, especially Sedona. I found the people there so friendly and warm, the geography was stunning, the shopping fantastic, the services excellent, and the energy of the place extremely soothing. Maybe all that talk about vortexes is right. It really does have a special sanctuary type of feel. Flagstaff was my least favourite city in AZ. It has all the conveniences you could want but I found people there a little "colder". Maybe it was just the few people I ran into that weren't especially nice, but I found that in Sedona, no matter who you talked to they were very open and sincere. One shop lady there practically told me her whole life story and all I was buying was a fridge magent and a kitchen towel! LOL My cousins have been thinking of building a home on a lot they purchased in Sedona years ago and I have been telling them to hurry up so I have a place to come and visit for free. LOL They visit occasionally and drvie their huge RV from Toronto to spend a couple of months there each winter. They just love it.

I haven't been to New Mexico yet but it's on my list of places to visit. I hear Santa Fe is wonderful though. Let us know what you decide. Sounds exciting!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend, Sedona, Prescott or Flagstaff. Those are north of Phoenix and do get cold in the winter...snow even, sometimes.

If you prefer warmer, then check out Sierra Vista, which is near Tombstone. Nice small city that is growing, but very slowly.

Lake Havasu is nice, near the California boarder on the Colorado River, but they have a "spring break" there every year that you might not care for.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
My friend who is an accountant has been quietly investing in New Mexico for years.

Shh! Don't tell him I told you!

I grew up in Wickenburg, Arizona (age seven to seventeen.) The day we arrived in Phoenix from Manhattan, I got off the plane and promptly fainted from the heat. My dad was ready to move us back immediately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a townhome in Mesa, AZ before. I remember it was super hot in the summmer. I never lived there, just went there to check out the place. It was for an investment. I don't think I could stand the heat. Mesa is a community with a lot of golf courses. It's probably like Palm Springs in that regard.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love New Mexico! I always say if I were independently wealthy, I'd love to live in northern NM. I love the mountains & don't care for the heat too much, although I can deal with southwestern heat a lot easier than Florida heat!

Sedona is beautiful, but from what I've heard, it's gotten pretty pricey. One of my favorite towns in NM is Ruidoso. I also love Santa Fe & Taos of course. There's a wonderful little town in ski country called Red River, but I haven't been there in close to 30 yrs, so who knows what it's like now.

I'm envious - I would love to be able to have a second home in the Rockies...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo,

How exciting! With the cost of gas you might be off investing in a home. Wink
I live in Prescott, AZ. We are 6,000 ft and
we do get snow but the lower elevations don't get as much as we do. It is gorgeous here. We are a quaint little town that has a town square where every weekend in the summer time they play movies, concerts, lots of craft fairs, etc. I have lived in Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco area and when we moved here, although hard to explain, it just felt like home. Gardens grow beautifully here, even Wisterias! *grins*

Sedona is gorgeous but even more expensive than up here! Gosh, there are so many beautiful places in AZ...

Let me know if I can help you research in any way, ok?

Take care,
Markey Smile
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Thanks everybody, this is great info. I have been on the internet checking out places regarding property values and other pertinent stuff but it's so nice to hear from those that live or have visited these places. I want to get going and visit them all. My husband is doing a huge job (plumbing business) right now and won't be done for 9 more months so the internet will have to keep me entertained for awhile. I should have a binder full by then.

5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used to live in NM, and I have to say that retiring in Santa Fe has always sounded appealing to me. It has (and this sounds cheesy) almost a magical quality to it. It does get chilly, and it snows of course since it is in northern NM--so if you are interested in a warm locale in which to winter, it may not be the best choice. The Albuquerque area has a lot of nice surrounding communities.

Sedona is nice, but a bit touristy and definitely overpriced. In my opinion Smile

Good luck--the prices are great compared to the east coast, no matter where you go!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |