Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Too young for Matrixyl 3000 (in CRS peptide eye cream)?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm now 32 (how time flies)...and I was going to order Airbrush eye cream but it is now looking not moisturizing enough.

I'm now thinking of Cellular Skin Peptide eye cream which has Matrixyl 3000 in it...

I'm concerned about using amazing products when I am young, only to have nothing left to really fight off the wrinkles when I'm older...so for now, I'm trying to stay away from "actives".

I don't exactly know what Matrixyl 3000.

Anyhow, I'm looking for mainly a preventative eye wrinkle cream. I do have some fine lines around the right eye (I used to sleep on my right side) and I would like to eliminate those lines or at least keep them at bay.

Thanks for any info and opinions on if you think Cellular Skin Peptide is suitable for me.

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
To be honest cautious no-one really knows yet about long-term results with the peptides because they're so new.

My hunch is they are not harsh nor irritating so they won't lead to more damage and I can't see anything wrong in using them in your early thirties.

I think it plumps up fine lines quite nicely, but if you're talking *prevention* there are products with more proof behind them like anti-oxidants and SS.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
This seems to be my one area that i'm really struggling to find something I like.

I tried a cellcosmet sample and it didn't blow me away enough to want to spend that much...i've also tried a PSF sample of the moisturizing eye cream...and in general i don't find PSF makes a very elegant forumlation...the stuff is fairly heavy and just seems to sit on top of the skin (although I do like their C).

So now I'm looking...and looking...for the right mixture of antioxidants and moisturization.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
This seems to be my one area that i'm really struggling to find something I like.

I tried a cellcosmet sample and it didn't blow me away enough to want to spend that much...i've also tried a PSF sample of the moisturizing eye cream...and in general i don't find PSF makes a very elegant forumlation...the stuff is fairly heavy and just seems to sit on top of the skin (although I do like their C).

So now I'm looking...and looking...for the right mixture of antioxidants and moisturization.

Cautious Newbie,
Have you tried Skinactive's I-bright? It is really cheap (something like $19)and I much prefer it over my Cellcosmet sample. I also like Jurlique Eye Gel (expensive but not as expensive as Cellcosmet) is also a good alternative. It is light but packed with antioxidants. More importantly, if you do not use SS around your eye area then you should purchase an eye cream with SPF. Few came to mind are Murad C-Eye Cream with SPF 15, and La Prairie has a Smart Eye Cream I think....not sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Dear Newbie, at the rate they are making "discoveries" I don't think you have to worry. By the time you need things there will be plenty of new stuff. Look at all the new things that we didn't have even 10 years ago! Just stay moisturized and use sunscreen and wear a hat. When I read about all the people here with acne and awful stuff I am just glad that neither I nor my 2 daughters have it and are blessed with relatively good skin with basically minor problems. Enjoy your youth and make the most of it by looking pretty, I'd advise.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Laughing easier said than done existential lady!

I do wear sunscreen around the eyes, so i don't want an eye cream with SS in it b/c i want to wear it at night.

I usually find gels are made more for puffiness issues and are not particularly moisturizing...but i will check out the jurlique. thanks Wild Cat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Well, if you insist on having good skin and looking beautiful! Smile Many on the forum love candessence products. I haven't gotten around to it yet, as am trying others right now, but she has a firming serum with Matrixyl 3000 and some description about it. Look on
<http://www.candessence.com/SkinCare.html> There was some discussion of Matrixyl on the Products section of this forum as well.
I am happy with my Remergent DNA repair, but I don't know if you need it yet at the price it is. skin-etc.com has a lot of information and some of the products they sell they sell for a little less and better shipping rates. I have ordered from them several times and was happy as I have been with EDS. HTH
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
there are plain matrixyl products, which for your age would be great, the matrix 3000 is for more maturing skin, it firms and tightens more than just plain matrix, so you might want to look into that..strivectin is an example of a plain matrix product! Hope that helps
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone.

I've read a lot about candessence but I'm trying to stick with products sold on EDS because I live in Toronto and it is such a pain to get things from the U.S. because I never know what customs will do with it and if they will slap a fee on top.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I've read a lot about candessence but I'm trying to stick with products sold on EDS because I live in Toronto and it is such a pain to get things from the U.S. because I never know what customs will do with it and if they will slap a fee on top.

So far, customs hasn't added anything on my candessence orders & I got my package in about a week. Also, the exchange rate hasn't been this good in years. It's a good time to take advantage of it. Wink
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
For night time, I use MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Anti-aging eye complex. I think it really helped with my fine lines and chicken skin looking things underneath my eyes. However, it is not very moisturizing, I tend to layer another creamier eye cream on top (whatever sample I have basically).

Edited to add that I do use Matrixyl 3000 on my face. I think its a better bet than other firming actives IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
MDF is not available to Canada...because I have read good things about their eye cream Sad

and yes...the x-change rate is really good now!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
MDF is not available to Canada...because I have read good things about their eye cream Sad

and yes...the x-change rate is really good now!!

Cautious Newbie,
If you email EDS's CS, they might allow you to order. That's how I got mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
i asked someone by chatting to them and they said no they will not send MDF to canada. I wonder if i would get a different response by emailing of if it is just the same people.

How did you manage to get yours!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed EDS and they said they would keep selling it to me. That simple!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
i think this depend on the situation of your eye problem, not the age.
after you use, you can write a review! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |