Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Best primer for foundation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jimena
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using Clinique Pore Perfection and I love it, but I'm thinking about changing my taste Bad Grin Any feedback?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Smashbox but just finished Kevyn Aucoin and Laura Mercier.
LM has a much more of a creamier texture, much like a moisturizer.
Smashbox is a thicker silicone primer and KA is similar to the MAC prep and prime.
Personally I still like Smashbox the best, doesn't make me oily and is a nice canvas for foundation!
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it yet but I have heard good things about the one by DHC.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10241

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried Clinique Pore Perfection..what does the finish feel like? I have always been a fan of Smashbox's primer...I think it is great if you want something that will fill in scarring or soft lines...I also like Laura Geller's primer...(she takes alot of hits, I know)...it is similar to Smashbox's (IMHO) except I think it is thinner and "dries off" if you don't apply your foundation soon after application. (Smashbox's doesn't "dry off" - it sits obediently on the skin)....My current fave is the Laura Mercier Primer which I agree, does go on like a moisturizer...I adore it and use it with LM's MMU... I love the finish. Frankly, I'm a bit drunk on Laura Mercier these days...if she put out "a bridge" - I'd probably buy it Laughing Embarassed
pudoodles
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10241

it is an useful link!
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know we need a primer under the foundation! Right now I use the ADCE as moisturizer, then sunblock, then foundation, if I put on a primer, would it make my skin more oily ?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought Make Up Forever in Neutral and i like it so far. They have other colors (mauve,green etc) to correct certain problems. This is my first day using it so I'll do a review later when I've had it longer.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I really love Peter Thomas Roth's Mattifying gel, also Clarins is great as well, hths. Very Happy
Jimena
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I've never tried Clinique Pore Perfection..what does the finish feel like? el: Embarassed
pudoodles

It keeps oilies at bay, fills fine lines and you get a matte,uniform complexion. I like it a lot and I use it alone most of the time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Who can tell me makeup base first or suncream first? Should I use both? Is it too much if we use both? It is so confusing for me Sad
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Pooh Bear wrote:
I didn't know we need a primer under the foundation! Right now I use the ADCE as moisturizer, then sunblock, then foundation, if I put on a primer, would it make my skin more oily ?

IMHO, it is pretty much trial and error with primers...some oily folks adore smashbox primers while others think it starts an oil bath...I'd try to get samples before buying if you've never tried them before....some people love using primers while others get pretty grossed out by them feeling like they have "too many layers"...I would die without my primer.
pudoodles
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm alternately using the Laura Mercier and Smashbox primers. The LM primer feels pretty thin and moist after you apply it on your skin. Personally, i like the Smashbox better because it makes my skin so smooth and fills up every line or pore on your face - making it ready for a nice and easy foundation application.
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles and ckmini! I'll see if sephora can give me a bit of a sample to try first. Thanks again!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly the effect of each primer and the preference for them really depends on what you want your primer to do. Some want their pores filled to create a smooth canvas prior to makeup - these people would probably opt for silicone primers such as smashbox and the like. Some want their makeup to adhere better and stay on longer - in which case I really like creamy primers like Shisedo's Pre-makeup cream. And lastly there are those that just want a primer to create a barrier in between their skin and makeup - here you may have a lot of choices because you can use a layer of pearl silk dust or a moisturizer that provides a barrier rather than going for a makeup primer at all. Or you can opt for a primer that specifies it does this like the LM. I've also tried moisturizing primers like the Sonia Rykiel which I really did like but I think any tinted moisturizer can do the trick just as well. HTH
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I love the Smashbox Primer. My skin looks a little shiny after I apply my skin care products and Smashbox takes the shinys away and fills in the visible pores. I love it. I also want to let you know that Lumiere sent me a sample of their primer and there is absolutely no difference. I couldn't believe it. The only difference is Smashbox is pricey and Lumiere is $16.00 (I think). So if you want one exactly like Smashbox, try it. I'd love to get your feedback on this after you've tried it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love Chanel's primer. Smashbox feels greasy to me. I feel like my make-up is sliding around when I wear it.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I love Laura Mercier's.
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am using benefits DR. feel so good and Smashbox, both of them are wonderful! They do a good job in hiding pores. Estee lauder's idealist is also a good choice in controling the pores:)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |