Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
False Eye Lashes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: False Eye Lashes

YES
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
NO
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I started experimenting with false lashes this morning. The individual ones. I like to put them at the very outer corner of my lashes. I already have long lashes, so I only applied a couple to add something. I seemed to struggle with getting them applied though. I did not want to see the "knot", but seemed like I messed with them for a long time to get them to look natural position. Any girls with helpful hints? I see lots of people wear them and they look perfect. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried false eyelashes. As clumsy as I am, I'm afraid it would look like caterpillars were sleeping on my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
i love the false lashes from MAC, i only use false lashes when i go out for the night dancing and i get to dress up. Love the way false lashes make your eyes look and stand out
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
fake lashes I think always look fake-just use Jan Marini and you wont need fake.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Fake lashes are too much trouble for me. I would always be afraid of them falling off and looking like a spider was on my cheek. Or going crooked and making me look crazy. I envy people who have the skills to pull them off, but I am fine with RevitaLash and Full & Soft mascara.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
If you're wearing false eyelashes WEAR EYELINER! And put it on first! It hides the knots or line or whatever you got goin' on.

Also, after you apply them throw on a light coat of mascara to blend your real ones to the artificial ones.

And I'm much better at applying them with my fingers than with tweezers or whatever else.

HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use 4 very small clusters of false eyelashes quite a bit. Each cluster only contains a few hairs so it doesn't make a dramatic difference. Plus, the clusters are very short in length. I use them mainly to add some volume to my wimpy lashes.

Since using Revita lash, I have not had to use my false ones as much. Nonetheless, I think false eyelashes are a godsend for short, non-existant, asian lashes like mine.

I have never used strips because i think they look artificial. Small clusters inbetween your natural lashes work best. And I agree that eyeliner is a must.

hth
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Do not like false eyelash. It's too exaggerating.
lorisu
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I've never tried false eyelashes. As clumsy as I am, I'm afraid it would look like caterpillars were sleeping on my eyes.

Laughing

Same here. I have enough trouble with eyeliner and mascara without complicating things further!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
the 1st time i tried wearing a fake eyelash (done by the MA how did my mu for the evening) was for my company DND last year. omg.. it really open up my eyes, making it look bigger and more attractive!

since then i have tried on few other occassion to do it myself. sad to say i never get it done up nicely or successfully! at times i cant seem to hide the ugly looking white glue. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Have tried once. After putting on those false eye lashes you will find your eyes look so bright.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Only had worn false eyelashes when I got married. It is just too much trouble. I'm nearly always running late for work in the morning when I only use mascara and eye shadow Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I have been blessed with nice lashes. However, for nights out, I often use, even the cheapest, lashes for drama. I suggest using the darker adhesive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I am afraid fake eye lashes, it takes so much time to put on, and I felt my eyes ithy all day long.
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
My co-worker has been putting on fake eyelashes recently. Her eyes look prettier and more defined, as if she had make-up done and everything, even if she didn't. But she said she has to keep putting falsies on now (every few weeks) cuz her real eyelashes are almost gone from pulling out the old/falling falsies... Shock she would look bare if she doesn't put new falsies on now!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |