Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need a good eyemakeup remover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there...can anyone recommend a gentle, but thorough eye makeup remover? I'm currently using Neutrogena, but I have to use 2 cottonballs on each eye, and STILL have undereye residue. Help!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I swear by MARCELLE"S gentle sensitive eye makeup remover!!! It is the type that is has 2 layers, so you shake it up before you use it. I have been using it for years, and I love the fact that it is gentle, takes off every bit of make-up (even waterproof), leaves no greasy residue, and is hypo-allergenic. It is very similar to Lancome's, but a fraction of the price. I have also used ALMAY's remover, which would be my third choice after Marcelle and Lancome. Very Happy
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Pure jojoba oil is great and makes your eyelashes longer and thicker.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Lancome Bifacil, jojoba oil. My recommendation is NOT to get the clinique one - it sucks big time. A huge waste of $16!
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Lancome bifacil is the best!
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I use the oil I use for the OCM -- a mixture of olive, jojoba and castor. It takes off everything.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
i use lancome! it is really good!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just use regular baby oil.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Lancome Bifacil, jojoba oil. My recommendation is NOT to get the clinique one - it sucks big time. A huge waste of $16!

I actually liked the Clinique one ... I think it's called Take the Day off (the oil/water type one)? It works really well for me, but I have to make sure I use some water to rinse off any oil residue.

I might have to check out the Lancome Bifacil though since many people have mentioned it when it's time to buy. Smile
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just seconding the jojoba oil recommendation.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
second the clinique take the day off remover, got it as a gwp, and had to buy full size, take off everything, one cotton ball!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
pips wrote:
Pure jojoba oil is great and makes your eyelashes longer and thicker.

Thanks for the suggestion (and the second from Shanno)! Does the jojoba oil make your lashes/under eye greasy or oily? Also...where do you get it??? Could I also use it on my cuticles?
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Loreal is the best eye make up remover. It is gentle and cheap.It's cleansing power is really good.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm having good results with The Body Shop chammomile eye make up remover. I wear contact lenses and have fairly sensitive eyes and have had no problems with this one.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Lancome Bifacil is very good, I have been using it for years.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I usually remove my eye makeup with the jojoba and then follow with cleansing milk (I like Dr. Hauschka). If you don't follow with some kind of cleanser, the oil does leave a trace. So, if you're just doing a touch-up, I find it best to use as little oil as possible. (For example, I'll just put a little oil on a Q-tip if I need to remove mascara smudges.)

I shop mostly online and in health food stores, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to get jojoba in a regular drug store or possibly even a grocery store that has a nice-sized "natural" section.

Finally, yep, you can use it on your cuticles as well. If I'm traveling and don't want a lot of baggage, I'll often just bring some jojoba and use it for eye makeup removal and as a general body moisturizer as well. It's quite versatile.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
I swear by MARCELLE"S gentle sensitive eye makeup remover!!! It is the type that is has 2 layers, so you shake it up before you use it. I have been using it for years, and I love the fact that it is gentle, takes off every bit of make-up (even waterproof), leaves no greasy residue, and is hypo-allergenic.

I had written that I liked Clinique's makup-up remover, however, after seeing your rav about Marcelle and seeing as I was nearing the end of my Clinique, I thought I'd give it a try when I saw it was 30% off at the drugstore. I have to admit ... this is really nice stuff! It feels less oily to me than the Clinique and still seems to take off the eye makeup just as well. I still like the Clinque remover, but this might be my new fav! Smile
EskieServant
5% products discount

Sat May 05, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Only one I can use is Erno Laszlo's. It is a blue liquid.
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Bi-facil! It is very good to remove the mascara!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
After trying many different makeup removers the best i've used is the Talika Gel, it's great for sensitive skins, and really delicate around your eye area.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Guerlain and love it. Very Happy
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mineral Melt by Pur Minerals. It takes my eye makeup off better than joboba. It's also marketed to condition your lashes - always a great added bonus!
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Lancome is the best !!! Laughing
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I love the Almay eye makeup remover pads!
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I have used for years The Body Shop Camomile makeup remover. It's a liquid, it's gentle yet really effective.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |