Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Bellapelle's All-in-One Elixir/Aquatech Day Cream w Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
This post is NOT to continue the discussion of the deleted post (I've only read part of it). Having said that, I do appreciate that TheresaL did the research and told us that there is an alternative source (although in bulk).

This post is really to find out if anyone had used the following products (from Bellapelle or Aquatech or any source) and their feedback on the product texture and effectivenes. Please just focus on the product iteself. Thank you.

FACIAL TONER
Ingredients: De-Ionized Water/Aqua, Glycerine, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract (Tamarind), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Quaternized Wheat Protein, Saccharomyces / Sea Salt Ferment (Biomin), Allantoin, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA

ALL-IN-1 FIRMING FACIAL ELIXIR or Day Cream with Super Moisturizing Complex:Ingredients: De-Ionized Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Leaf) Gel, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Seed) Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba Seed) Oil, Vittis Vinefera (Grape Seed) Oil, Vegetable Glycerine, Capric/Capryllic Triglycerides, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Monostearate, Cyclomethicone, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Bladderwrack, Saccharomyces / Sea Salt Ferment, Chamomilla Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomile), Camellia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Quaternized Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mannentake Mushroom) Extract & Lentinus Edodes (Shiitake Mushroom) Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E), Cetyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. Diazolidinyl Urea, EDTA

I have combination skin and is experiencing a little breakout with the recent NIA24 use (I like the products and intend to continue using it for another 2 weeks or so since according to NIA24 site, the initial breakout is normal). I am just concerned if this will aggravate my current skin condition. Appreciate if you can mention where you got it from in your feedback.

Thank you.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Goofygal! I haven't tried this stuff yet either so I'm also looking forward to feedback from ladies who are using it. I'm definitely intrigued by the antioxidant power of the tamarind seed, however, like you I'm also afraid of break outs. Here's a link to a review that Deb over at the Skincare board did of the Bella Pella vitamin C cream:
http://theskincareboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3042

According to Deb the vitamin C cream would be very bad for break out prone skin, so that has me wondering about the facial elixer. Looking forward to hearing some feedback!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I saw that post too! Smile It was her comment about their products in general (which may include the Exlixir) that made me post this topic. Sure love to hear more product feedback from different folks!

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Goofygal - I started using NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex about a month ago. I'm not acne-prone but have experienced a few tiny rash-like bumps off and on during this time. It's gradually subsiding though. I'm really impressed with this product, so try to tough it out if you can! I find it to be just what they say in their marketing -- it's refining my skin's texture and tone without the irritation, dryness and peeling usually caused by retinoids.

Good luck!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I only just got the All in One Elixir from Bella Pelle. I have an oily T zone. I have only used it twice so it's a bit early for me to comment. My forehead gets shiny in the late afternoon but I have had no breakouts as yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
ninetynine, Do you mind if I ask where you were able to purchase it? Thanks.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
ninetynine, Do you mind if I ask where you were able to purchase it? Thanks.

I haven't sent you a PM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I would love to hear more feedback reqarding the All in one exlixir aswell. Also I would love katee to repost her review if at all possible. Also ninetynine can you please let me know where you purchased from.

Many thanks:)
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Hi Goofygal! I haven't tried this stuff yet either so I'm also looking forward to feedback from ladies who are using it. I'm definitely intrigued by the antioxidant power of the tamarind seed, however, like you I'm also afraid of break outs. Here's a link to a review that Deb over at the Skincare board did of the Bella Pella vitamin C cream:
http://theskincareboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3042

According to Deb the vitamin C cream would be very bad for break out prone skin, so that has me wondering about the facial elixer. Looking forward to hearing some feedback!

DEB: I know many people find her comments useful, but she declared IS Clinical stuff as totally useless some time ago and I can't think of any product that has had a more dramatic effect on my skin.

I think I mentioned in my previous reviews that I had been very reluctant to even try the bellapelleskincare.com stuff because I thought it would be too rich for my skin.

I am NOT acne prone at all, but I do have oily skin and wasn't looking to make it worse. I don't use the Vit C creme on my face - I use it on my decolletage.

I most definitely thought the all-in-1 elixir would be too much for my skin, but that has not been the case. I've been told by several people (although I've not had the time to check it out for myself), that tamarind seed extract has something of a regulating effective on the skin. I do know that it is a humectant as opposed to a moisturizer.

I, too, will be interested to see what others think of it.

I was given a sample of the firming botanical toner. I've mentioned before that I don't use toner and wasn't inclined to start. I tried the toner on my breasts. It's very pleasant to use and had a subtle firming effect. I added some dmae powder to it and have been using it each morning. Still very pleasant and the firming is alot more noticeable now with the dmae.

pal, I would have been happy to pm you the original review I wrote, but I didn't save it. I suppose I should have.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I would love to hear more feedback reqarding the All in one exlixir aswell. Also I would love katee to repost her review if at all possible. Also ninetynine can you please let me know where you purchased from.

Many thanks:)

Pal

I bought it from bellapelleskincare.com.

Nomoreneckpain

I didn't even notice that I had a typo in my earlier post. I wanted to say that I sent you a PM

Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I know many people find her comments useful, but she declared IS Clinical stuff as totally useless some time ago and I can't think of any product that has had a more dramatic effect on my skin.

Actually she did not declare IS Clinicial as "totally useless" when she did the in depth review. The bottom line of her review was that the products are over priced and comparable products can be purchased for much less.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I stand corrected on the detail. Bottom line: I find her assessments to be absolutist and obnoxious. When she first "reviewed" the ISC line, she admitted that she had done nothing but read the list of ingredients.

She's very "opinionated" to say the least. I have no problem with that. I'm also opinionated. But, I don't present my OPINION as the ultimate authority on a product. She does.

One thing I've learned is that products that I adore might not work for someone else. By the same token, I've used a product that someone I respect has raved about, only to find that it does nothing for ME. The fact is that having a degree in biochemistry (which Deb reminds people of about 100 times a day) doesn't change that simple fact.

It's one of the reasons I've always preferred this board to that one. I'm far more interested in peer review than the pseudo scientific spoutings of an "expert."
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I stand corrected on the detail. Bottom line: I find her assessments to be absolutist and obnoxious. When she first "reviewed" the ISC line, she admitted that she had done nothing but read the list of ingredients.

Isn't that what Paula Begoun does in her "review"? Just read the ingredient list?

Quote:
One thing I've learned is that products that I adore might not work for someone else. By the same token, I've used a product that someone I respect has raved about, only to find that it does nothing for ME.

I completely agree, I mean, if one product worked for all people, there'd be no need for a skincare market. We'd all use the same cleanser, etc. I used to follow what Paula B. said to a T and would wonder why my skin still looked terrible. When I came to EDS I realized I had to find what worked for me, and the only way to do that was trial and error. While my credit card is sad, my skin is now very happy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

Isn't that what Paula Begoun does in her "review"? Just read the ingredient list?

In the beginning, I read ALL Paula's "reviews." It took a little while, but I ultimately lost respect for her. I don't even look at her reviews anymore.

Very similar experience with Hannah over at the skinactives forum. She's unquestionably knowledgeable, but she's very opinionated. Her attitude is that her way is the only way and, in her case, she gets downright nasty if somebody even asks a question that is outside the realm of her belief structure (or her product line Laughing ). I stopped reading that board for that reason. It just stopped being useful. Sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I do not follow Paula Begoun, Hannah from SAS, or Deb. Peer reviews on EDS and Skin Interactive are much more useful to me than listening to some pseudos-scientists Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Um...let's not have another Bella Pelle thread go poof again!

If folks have issues regarding certain things...perhaps they should be dealt with through PMs rather than on the board?
<ducks behind couch>

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Good point Paris. I apologize and will delete the post.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that ninetynine:)

Yes Katee if you could pm your review when you have some time that would be fabulous.
Cheers Smile
Zagroidx

Sun May 06, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
You do not have to use a product to know that it cannot possibly work if you have a solid understanding of formulation chemistry.

At times ingredient lists tell you nothing. If the active is useful but the % active or pH is critical, then I admit that there is no way I can determine the efficacy of the product without further details. This cream is a scam. The ingredient list is indeed enough in this case.

Would you say that you cannot tell which foods are healthy by reading the label in the grocery store? I guess you just have to eat them all and see which ones give you heart disease or read on a chat forum how many others got heart disease from eating them too! Rolling Eyes

You should not listen to the opinion of ANYONE who has a financial interest in selling products or ingredients, without taking their bias into account.

Unfortunately, science is indeed the determining factor of whether or not a vitamin C product can penetrate and improve the skin. That is why the researchers and formulators of all great skin care products are scientists.

BTW: You should really look up the definition of pseudoscience as it is the exact definition of what is done in this board....

"Pseudoscience is any body of knowledge, methodology, belief, or practice that claims to be scientific but does not follow the scientific method. Such subjects are often in conflict with current scientific consensus."

An honest verified scientist promoting the current scientific knowledge base regarding skin care topicals cannot be a pseudo scientist!

IS Clinical is an EXCELLENT vitamin C serum. The only issue is that an even better product for less than 50% of the price can be found at PSF! I have no cares if anyone wants to pay twice as much for essentially the same product. I simply provide the information so people can make up their own minds.

The choice is indeed yours. Nobody takes that from you by posting what is known scientifically. You can follow reviews by others or you can follow what is known about the biochemistry of vitamin C. Simple.

Obviously, even that which is proven to be beneficial will not be beneficial for everyone. That is statistically impossible. There is indeed trial and error. But the billion dollar skin care industry is not that large because so many products are required. It is that large because there is a market for it. Their advertising preys on our desire to find that magical product that will make us beautiful when all others have failed. 95% of it does nothing of value for the skin.

It is boring but true that there are only a handful of actives that can truly change the structure of the skin and even those have to be present in exact concentrations and in efficient delivery systems.

Peer reviews are always biased as 10-30% of testers using a placebo (nothing!) in clinical trials "think" their skin has made amazing advances just through the power of suggestion. Shock Shock

In addition, it is never known which reviewers are making profit by posting their glowing comments. You would be surprised. Wink Wink

The always "absolutist and obnoxious",
Deb Very Happy Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Zagroidx wrote:
Katee's personal attacks are not even worth addressing, so let's stick with facts. Very Happy

You do not have to use a product to know that it cannot possibly work if you have a solid understanding of formulation chemistry.

At times ingredient lists tell you nothing. If the active is useful but the % active or pH is critical, then I admit that there is no way I can determine the efficacy of the product without further details. This cream is a scam. The ingredient list is indeed enough in this case.

Would you say that you cannot tell which foods are healthy by reading the label in the grocery store? I guess you just have to eat them all and see which ones give you heart disease or read on a chat forum how many others got heart disease from eating them too! Rolling Eyes

Paula B. is NOT a scientist and is biased because she sells products. You should not listen to the opinion of ANYONE who has a financial interest in selling products or ingredients, without taking their bias into account.

Unfortunately, science is indeed the determining factor of whether or not a vitamin C product can penetrate and improve the skin. That is why the researchers and formulators of all great skin care products are scientists.

BTW: You should really look up the definition of pseudoscience as it is the exact definition of what is done in this board....

"Pseudoscience is any body of knowledge, methodology, belief, or practice that claims to be scientific but does not follow the scientific method. Such subjects are often in conflict with current scientific consensus."

An honest verified scientist promoting the current scientific knowledge base regarding skin care topicals cannot be a pseudo scientist!

IS Clinical is an EXCELLENT vitamin C serum. The only issue is that an even better product for less than 50% of the price can be found at PSF! I have no cares if anyone wants to pay twice as much for essentially the same product. I simply provide the information so people can make up their own minds.

The choice is indeed yours. Nobody takes that from you by posting what is known scientifically. You can follow reviews by others or you can follow what is known about the biochemistry of vitamin C. Simple.

Obviously, even that which is proven to be beneficial will not be beneficial for everyone. That is statistically impossible. There is indeed trial and error. But the billion dollar skin care industry is not that large because so many products are required. It is that large because there is a market for it. Their advertising preys on our desire to find that magical product that will make us beautiful when all others have failed. 95% of it does nothing of value for the skin.

It is boring but true that there are only a handful of actives that can truly change the structure of the skin and even those have to be present in exact concentrations and in efficient delivery systems.

Peer reviews are always biased as 10-30% of testers using a placebo (nothing!) in clinical trials "think" their skin has made amazing advances just through the power of suggestion. Shock Shock

In addition, it is never known which reviewers are making profit by posting their glowing comments. You would be surprised. Wink Wink

The always "absolutist and obnoxious",
Deb Very Happy Very Happy

Hi Deb, I'm glad you're here--- I always enjoy hearing your perspective. Would you mind taking a look at the ingredients for this all in one elixer and telling us what you think? TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting regarding the comparison of IS Clinical and PSF. Thanks Deb.

Kimberly
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, Deb reviewed the product you are asking about on the SCB.

Here is her review:

"Hi there,

There are no active ingredients in this product? What is claimed to doing the "firming"?

Only building the dermal matrix or DMAE (long term use, although has an temporary instant effect in a percentage of users) can firm the skin.

The ingredients are oils, butter, emulsifiers, silicone, botanical extracts (in tiny amounts) and preservatives.

Many botanicals can act as irritants. Most of these seem relatively harmless though. The aloe, cucumber and chamomile can be soothing to irritated skin.

Acne prone individuals need to also watch out for the proven comedogenic ingredients in this formula including algae extract and glycerol stearate. These are not as high on the ingredient list as the highly comedogenic coconut oil is in the C cream, but the warning still needs issued.

HTH

Deb"
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
jwils wrote:
Liz, Deb reviewed the product you are asking about on the SCB.

Here is her review:

"Hi there,

There are no active ingredients in this product? What is claimed to doing the "firming"?

Only building the dermal matrix or DMAE (long term use, although has an temporary instant effect in a percentage of users) can firm the skin.

The ingredients are oils, butter, emulsifiers, silicone, botanical extracts (in tiny amounts) and preservatives.

Many botanicals can act as irritants. Most of these seem relatively harmless though. The aloe, cucumber and chamomile can be soothing to irritated skin.

Acne prone individuals need to also watch out for the proven comedogenic ingredients in this formula including algae extract and glycerol stearate. These are not as high on the ingredient list as the highly comedogenic coconut oil is in the C cream, but the warning still needs issued.

HTH

Deb"

I'm not going to get into a debate with Deb. It just isn't worth it. But, it is simply not true that the ONLY active that provides firming is DMAE.

Further, the statement that the product contains botanical extracts IN TINY AMOUNTS is without foundation. She has no idea of the amounts nor of what amount of each ingredient is considered effective.

I reviewed the product because I liked the effect it had on my skin and because it's a pleasure to use. I regret that I didn't save the review, as several members have asked me to send it to them. Some weeks have passed since I wrote that review. I'm still using the stuff and I'm still loving it.
Zagroidx

Sun May 06, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

Your wonderful review can be found by doing a Google search on the exact product name.

Only one result is displayed - your old thread.

As the thread was deleted, just chose "Cached" and you can copy your entire review back to your hard drive or post it here again.

The Internet saves all cached information for some time before you cannot access it anymore. In this case it was cached on 28 Apr 2007 14:10:50 GMT.

Hope that helps.

No matter what people do to cover their tracks on the Internet, it is basically impossible. Wink Wink Wink

BTW: As I said, the main way to firm the skin is by building the dermal matrix (collagen and elastin) with the handful of proven scientific actives. DMAE is a secondary choice which does not restructure collagen and elastin. Just thought you might want to read posts more closely before making inaccurate statements.

No botanical in this product can firm the skin. But since you only claimed more even skin tone, you are paying a lot of money for the well known effects of soothing botanicals and some silicone.

All pore minimizer products work via silicones, as I am sure you know.

Rock on,
Deb Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Deb. I appreciate it! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |