Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Juara Sweet Black Tea Eye Creme - Rave!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing this for a while, and finally broke down and bought it and am glad I did! My dry 46 year old undereyes are loving it already, no fragrance, its rich but it sinks right in so nice and the description for all the Juara products says leaves skin feeling like velvet and oh yes my under eye does feel like velvet. The main ingredient is candlenut oil which is supposed to be high in the lineolic acids (fatty/efa acids?), anyway whatever it is my eyes are staying hydrated all day, concealer glides on. Slight tightening that I actually notice later in the day,not immediately. Too soon to tell if helps with dark circles, but really once the "fat pad" under the eyes begins to fade after 40, the dark circle are a given, concealer is the answer! Check out the ingredients on the EDS site. I was using Clinique All About Eyes Rich (although I have a ton of eyecreams I try to rotate and use up), but I'm going to move the Cliniqe to night time use (for the peptides) and use this solely by day for the finish and hydration. It's a keeper (better than Babor HSR eye cream!).

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Juara Sweet Black Tea Eye Creme (14 g / 0.5 oz)
Juara Sweet Black Tea Eye Creme (14 g / 0.5 oz)

This silky, fragrance-free eye treatment combines fermented sweet black tea and nourishing rice bran oil to hydrate and rejuvenate the fragile eye area. Fermented sweet black tea works to tighten skin and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, while rice bran oil helps protect and maintain skin elasticity with natural Vitamin E.

Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There - so glad you posted this as Juara was a product line I have been eying ... please keep us updated as to how the product continues to perform!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Will do! I have high hopes for this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting review. Thank you !
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Just want to update & let everyone know I'm still using & loving this! I fall out of love quickly with products, but thats not happening with this eyecream, it's a keeper. Mositurizing but not greasey, 80 + degrees here today and no smears undereyes, but still hydrated and smooth. It is better than Skinceuticals Eye Balm, Kiehl's Avocado and Babor HSR eyecreams were for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update! Has anyone else tried this and liked it too?
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
ive been using this off and on the last month and i do like it.. just lazy to use it everyday. it is very very light in texture which is the #1 thing i love about it BUT STILL HYDRATES! i hate most eyecreams cause they are very heavy or it doesnt give me enough moisture.. but the juara is perfect and inbetween!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I had never heard of this product line, or even noticed it at EDS, so I was glad to see your review. We get so used to a handful of the EDS lines dominating the forum, that we forget, or don't bother to try the others.
I will definitely give this one a try next time out. Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Juara is a relatively new line for EDS. Some of their stuff looks great as far as ingredients are concerned....
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I heard of this product line just from EDS!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
so for those who use this eye creme, is it still working for u?

and has anyone else tried it and liked it?
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
this sounds great. I am going to try it on my next order and also try the coffee scrub.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I should have mentioned in my original post that in addition to the candlenut oil, it also has rice bran oil and avocado oil in it along with the black tea of course, which I think the tea must provide the little bit of tightening. And also I'd like to add Clinique All About Eyes Rich on the list of eyecreams that I like Juara better than! Jeez, I just can't stop raving about this stuff! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
I should have mentioned in my original post that in addition to the candlenut oil, it also has rice bran oil and avocado oil in it along with the black tea of course, which I think the tea must provide the little bit of tightening. And also I'd like to add Clinique All About Eyes Rich on the list of eyecreams that I like Juara better than! Jeez, I just can't stop raving about this stuff! Very Happy

Has it helped with fine lines at all?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this smooths the fine lines right out for me and keeps it that way all day. And I'm almost twice your age so I've got more smoothing out to do!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Is it heavily scented?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
Yes, this smooths the fine lines right out for me and keeps it that way all day. And I'm almost twice your age so I've got more smoothing out to do!

I've got a couple of little creases under my eyes and no matter what I do, they never seem to go away. I'm not even sure if they're fine lines as I don't know exactly what fine lines look like. Embarassed

Is the cream greasy? Does it take long to absorb?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
No, no scent at all! Which is very important to me as I have suddenly become very fragrance sensitive in my march towards menopause! Used to love Decleor and now I can't even be near it. The best part is not greasey at all, absorbs right in but yet is so moisturizing all day, unlike LaPraire and Kiehl's avocado where I had to wait forever and a day for it to sink in then ended up with a grease slick and smears later in the day. Maybe the creases are dehydration and you need to drink more water and use something really moisturizing? Also, when I have been really dry in the past, I've spritzed facial water on my face before moisturizer and eyecream and that helps too (Evian facial water available at JC Penney).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, This sounds really nice. I'll give it a try. I appreciate you review as I was interested in this product.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
No, no scent at all! Which is very important to me as I have suddenly become very fragrance sensitive in my march towards menopause! Used to love Decleor and now I can't even be near it. The best part is not greasey at all, absorbs right in but yet is so moisturizing all day, unlike LaPraire and Kiehl's avocado where I had to wait forever and a day for it to sink in then ended up with a grease slick and smears later in the day. Maybe the creases are dehydration and you need to drink more water and use something really moisturizing? Also, when I have been really dry in the past, I've spritzed facial water on my face before moisturizer and eyecream and that helps too (Evian facial water available at JC Penney).

It's probably dehydration as I don't drink that much water. But how do I know if they're dehydration lines or fine lines? hmm I do use very moisturizing eye creams (Cellcosmet, Sisley, Babor, Shiseido, Osea). I love Sisley Sisleya eye cream as it's the most moisturizing I've found, but also takes ages to absorb as well. So far, Babor is the best as far as moisturizing and abosorbing go, but I'm not fond of the smell (no fragrance at all, so it smells a little stinky). I normally spritz my face with Avene spray, but never really do around my eye area. I should give it a try. This eye cream certainly does sound very good and inexpensive. I'm adding it to my cart for my next purchase. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanx for the review. Sounds like great stuff. Gonna check out their products.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review, i haven't noticed this line at EDS before. I looked really quickly at what is carried and i have to say i am intrigued.

The Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask sounds very interesting! anyone tried it? turmeric is really good for the skin, my mom used to smear turmeric root all over her face to avoid any pregnancy masks when she was pregnant with me and people used to say she had the most glowing skin. i tried that once and i had stained skin for a long time. i wonder if this mask can turn the face orange like turmeric root can.

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how this cream compares to TNS Illuminating Eye Cream? I love that stuff, but it's way expensive! TIA fawnie

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I've only used samples of the TNS Illuminating, it was nice at first but I think I found it drying after a while. Juara is moisturizing but not heavy & sinks right in, I think the tea in it does a little tightening (like caffeine in other products).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Thanks for your review, i haven't noticed this line at EDS before. I looked really quickly at what is carried and i have to say i am intrigued.

The Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask sounds very interesting! anyone tried it? turmeric is really good for the skin, my mom used to smear turmeric root all over her face to avoid any pregnancy masks when she was pregnant with me and people used to say she had the most glowing skin. i tried that once and i had stained skin for a long time. i wonder if this mask can turn the face orange like turmeric root can.

Kristen~

Kristen, I've used this mask and really like it. No orange face here. Very Happy I've been meaning to write a review on this mask so I'll try and do that later today.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |