Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Glowy, Dewy Skin with Oil Pulling!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Oil Pulling swish AND Juice Fasting!!!!

Benefits:

*Glowing, Dewy skin

*Inexpensive Method

*You will see dramatic changes in skin tone and complexion

I oiled pulled for two weeks and I had some excellent results with my skin w/out using my ususal skin care line- Aveda.

My aunt who I see daily said "Natasha, what are you doing to your skin, you have this Radient Glow and the whites of your eyes are glowing...Are you having sex??? I laughed and told that i was trying this new thing called oil pulling. this works!!!

All you do is take a small amount of olive oil, or sunflower oil and swish in your mouth for 20 minutes ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. I usually break it down in two sets- once in the morning for 10 and once before bed. You must be on an empty stomach.

Anyway, you swish the oil in your mouth all through the teeth and tongue areas. Dont Swallow!!

After 10 minutes, you spit the oil out and wash mouth with water.

This is a natural detoxing method and makes your skin glow, whiten the whites of your eyes and teeth

AND

Juice Fasting Recipes

Natural Lemon Aid: 4 apples, ¼ lemon with the peel

Stomach: one cup of cabbage, 4 carrots, 2 stalks of celery

Liver: ½ beet with the greens, 3 apples, 2 carrots

Bones: 6 carrots, 1 apple, 1 cup spinach *this is also a Master daily juice*

Skin: 6 carrots, ½ bell pepper, ½ cup kale

Body Cleanser (detox drink): 3 carrots, ½ cucumber, ½ beet with the greens

Lungs: 5 carrots, ½ cup cabbage, ¼ cup potato

Pancreas: 4 carrots, ¼ cup string beans, 3 Brussels sprouts, ½ cup lettuce

Anti-viral: 1 apple, 2 oranges, one cup pineapple *this is also a Master daily
juice*:

Immune system: 3 carrots, 1 stalk celery, 1 apple, ½ beet with the greens, ¼ cup wheat grass, ¼ cup parsley

Alkaline drink: 2 carrots, one 3 inch wedge of cabbage, 4 stalks celery

Blood builder: 5 carrots, 1 cup spinach, ¼ turnip with the greens, 4 sprigs of parsley

Diuretic: ¼ of a watermelon including the rind

Arties and veins (to open and cleanse) 2 cups grapes, 2 apples, 1 cup pineapple

Spleen: ¼ cup dandelion, ¼ cup watercress, 4 carrots, and ½ beet with the greens

Colon Tonic: 6 carrots, one 3” wedge green cabbage, and one apple

Bladder Tonic: 3 apples, ½ cup cranberries

Colon Cleanser: 3 pares, and 3 apples

Hay Fever Helper: 6 Carrots, one stalk of celery and ¼ cup of parsley

Pain Relief: 6 carrots, one stalk of celery, ¼ of lettuce and ¼ cup of spinach.

Healthy Heart: 6 Carrots, ½ cucumber & ½ cup cabbage
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Yikes! Sounds like the benefits are great! But, how do you keep yourself from swallowing the oil, or feeling like you are going to throw up?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Shock I must have missed the "oil pulling" memo Embarassed I've never even heard of this! How long did it take for you to look all dewy and sexed up? How does it work? You sound so excited, Tasha - please give more details! Very Happy
pudoodles
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Geminiwoman wrote:
Yikes! Sounds like the benefits are great! But, how do you keep yourself from swallowing the oil, or feeling like you are going to throw up?

Its all mental sense. I usually just swish while im doing my hair or washing my face to kill time. Very Happy
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
will it be too tired for the mouth to hold the oil for 10 minutes.
Who taught you this detoxing method?
it is a strange method. What is teh theory behind? Confused
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Shock I must have missed the "oil pulling" memo Embarassed I've never even heard of this! How long did it take for you to look all dewy and sexed up? How does it work? You sound so excited, Tasha - please give more details! Very Happy
pudoodles

I am excited about this. Im a member for curezone.com. I'm sure you guys heard of it and there is a thread on oil pulling. I tried and presto!

I have soft, dewy skin. There is SO MUCH benefits when oil pulling. Your face is dewy with a glow, your teeth are whiter, the whites of your eyes are white, your hair is shiny etc.

You will start seeing results in a week but dramatic changes in two weeks. Thats when my aunt started making those comments Laughing Laughing

Give it a try.

I give this glowy skin method--TWO THUMBS UP!!
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
gwynethhung wrote:
will it be too tired for the mouth to hold the oil for 10 minutes.
Who taught you this detoxing method?
it is a strange method. What is teh theory behind? Confused

No not really. Its best to oil swish while washing your face or doing your hair or helping around the house or whatever you need to do kill time.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
HERE IS MORE DETAILED INFO ABOUT OIL PULLING SWISH LINK:

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=738

**You must swish for 10 minutes each time. When you start swishing, the oil is yellow. You MUST swish till the oil is white![b]
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
There is always something new to try out.
Surprised Surprised Surprised
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Tasha, thanks for posting about this! Sounds like you're getting some wonderful results, so I'm gonna have to give it a try!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Tasha, thanks for posting about this! Sounds like you're getting some wonderful results, so I'm gonna have to give it a try!

Mary Very Happy

I'm with Mary - I think I might just give it a try! Your passion is contagious, Tasha - WOW!
pudoodles
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
We've been talking about this in the Candida thread and I'm going to do it as soon as my braces come off (not supposed to oil pull w/them on). It is extremely good for detoxing and why you MUST NOT swallow the oil - also, spit it out in the toilet (recommended from a friend) to avoid putting the junk in your sink.

Most use sunflower seed oil but I'm going to mix it with black cumin seed oil for additional benefits.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
We've been talking about this in the Candida thread and I'm going to do it as soon as my braces come off (not supposed to oil pull w/them on). It is extremely good for detoxing and why you MUST NOT swallow the oil - also, spit it out in the toilet (recommended from a friend) to avoid putting the junk in your sink.

Most use sunflower seed oil but I'm going to mix it with black cumin seed oil for additional benefits.

Scally, if you don't mind me picking your brain, what are the benefits of black cumin seed oil? I'm intrigued! And can you find it at the health food store?

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Scally, if you don't mind me picking your brain, what are the benefits of black cumin seed oil? I'm intrigued! And can you find it at the health food store?

Mary Very Happy

No problem. I'm not so sure, if you can find it at the HFS but it's worth a shot. I buy mine here:www.blackseedusa.com. Delivery's a bit slow but they are nice people with quality product. Here's a cursory list of benefits:

Black seed regulates too weak or too strong reactions of the immune system and is excellent for treating chronic, allergic and hormonal diseases.It uses are many as well as its benefits. Black seed supports metabolism, improves digestion, and lowers blood sugar levels. It is used to dispel worms and parasites from the intestinal track. It is useful in soothing bronchitis and coughs,increases body tone, stimulates menstrual periods, provides quick energy, calms the nervous system, encourages hair growth and retards hair fall out, prevents skin wrinkling, and much more.

I am taking either 1 tsp. or 3 tabs 3x/day w/meals and have had a 95% reduction in allergy symptoms even with the high pollen counts (zero allergy tabs of late) and my windows have been open. My sugar cravings have diminished to almost zip, my mind has been clearer with more ability to focus, and I've experienced a calm energy that is prolonged throughout the day but I am able to sleep deeply. It is my new favorite supplement up there with MSM and I just ordered another bottle (16 oz. this time), which I will always have on hand. It is wonderful, wonderful stuff. I recommend picking up the book "The Healing Power of Black Cumin" by Sylvia Luetjohann. It's an excellent reference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

Mary Very Happy

No problem. I'm not so sure, if you can find it at the HFS but it's worth a shot. I buy mine here:www.blackseedusa.com. Delivery's a bit slow but they are nice people with quality product. Here's a cursory list of benefits:

Black seed regulates too weak or too strong reactions of the immune system and is excellent for treating chronic, allergic and hormonal diseases.It uses are many as well as its benefits. Black seed supports metabolism, improves digestion, and lowers blood sugar levels. It is used to dispel worms and parasites from the intestinal track. It is useful in soothing bronchitis and coughs,increases body tone, stimulates menstrual periods, provides quick energy, calms the nervous system, encourages hair growth and retards hair fall out, prevents skin wrinkling, and much more.

I am taking either 1 tsp. or 3 tabs 3x/day w/meals and have had a 95% reduction in allergy symptoms even with the high pollen counts (zero allergy tabs of late) and my windows have been open. My sugar cravings have diminished to almost zip, my mind has been clearer with more ability to focus, and I've experienced a calm energy that is prolonged throughout the day but I am able to sleep deeply. It is my new favorite supplement up there with MSM and I just ordered another bottle (16 oz. this time), which I will always have on hand. It is wonderful, wonderful stuff. I recommend picking up the book "The Healing Power of Black Cumin" by Sylvia Luetjohann. It's an excellent reference.

This oil helps with digestion? I was told too that drinking papaya or pineapple helps with digestion and takeing enzymes or HCI. I was also told from curezone.com that its BEST to only use sunflower oil or olive oil. Im not too familiar with these particular oil when it comes to oil pulling

Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

Mary Very Happy

Thank you, Scally! All I can say is WOW! I'm a huge believer in supplements, and this sounds about as close to a miracle product as you can get. I will definitely look into getting some, as well as reading the book you recommended!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
This oil helps with digestion? I was told too that drinking papaya or pineapple helps with digestion and takeing enzymes or HCI.

Smile

Yes, it does. I can vouch for that fact since my own digestive system is very sluggish naturally. I eat a fiber-rich cereal most days but on those that I don't, this oil keeps my digestive system healthy. It's a good idea to also consume active enzymes (either in pill form) or as listed above to BREAK DOWN the food.

ETA: You're welcome, Mary. It is a miracle supplement and thanks goes to ScotsLass for bringing it to my attention. I think I'm the first guinea pig, though, but all I can say are positive things about the seed, tea and oil. Absolutely fabulous à la Pats and Eddie!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
tasha92337 wrote:
This oil helps with digestion? I was told too that drinking papaya or pineapple helps with digestion and takeing enzymes or HCI.

Smile

Yes, it does. I can vouch for that fact since my own digestive system is very sluggish naturally. I eat a fiber-rich cereal most days but on those that I don't, this oil keeps my digestive system healthy. It's a good idea to also consume active enzymes (either in pill form) or as listed above to BREAK DOWN the food.

scalawaggirl-
I see im not the only one who knows a little anatomy about the skin. Thats a good thing!

Anyway, im a little underweight and i was told it could be from my digestion system, parasites, candida, or adrenal/thyroid.

Are you familiar with this?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone suffer with dark circles--well oil pulling is Excellent for dark circles!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Not specifically but if I had to guess, I'd say parasites. What other symptoms do you have? I am currently treating myself for candida and things are definitely improving. It is necessary for me to keep the processed sugar to an absolute minimum because, if I don't, I feel the effects almost immediately (fatigue, irritability, etc.) - can't be feeding the fungus!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Not specifically but if I had to guess, I'd say parasites. What other symptoms do you have? I am currently treating myself for candida and things are definitely improving. It is necessary for me to keep the processed sugar to an absolute minimum because, if I don't, I feel the effects almost immediately (fatigue, irritability, etc.) - can't be feeding the fungus!

scalawaggirl-

You will be my new EDS friend! Well I had a saliva and urine testing a while back and came to be too acidic. So I started drinking alkaline drinks which are great! I also had a problem with my central nervous system and I started taking Vitamin B complex liquids with mag. and calcium. And I also suffered with slight dark circles and puffy eyes but that was b/c I never slepted. LOL The ND suggested I get more sleep and have a healthy diet.

My digestion system was on of the organs that wasnt working properly besides my pancreas, liver, stomach and spleen.

Its been a month and a half and some of my systems are getting balanced. I started oil pulling and that really took off with detoxing! My dark circles are 50% reduced which is awesome.

Far as parasites goes, I was told to eat garlic clove, and onions

Digestion: ginger, pineapple and papaya

Kidney: watermelon juice and parsley

Liver: spinach, kale, beets, and glove

What are you taking to help with Candida b/c I was told that it also relates to my dark circles. The candida docter stated that I also go on a candida diet.

Are you taking Probiotics or acidophilious?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely! You should check out our Candida thread (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=279798#279798). There are a handful of other like-minded ladies working against the fungus. It sounds like you are making very positive changes so that's great! Regarding the candida, here is what I do:

3x/day with meals, I take 1 tsp. or 3 gel tabs of Black Cumin Seed oil as well as 4 drops of Oil of Oregano sublingually (extra strength)

Drink lots of water

Drink green tea (the real deal; just switched with proper brewing)

Each night before bed on an empty stomach, I take two Threelac packs and follow with water. These are probiotics.

I also eat plain yoghurt but am sure nothing much survives the OoO or BCSO. Smile That's why I switched to taking the probiotics at night - to give them a fighting chance. I'm not completely on the candida diet but I'm watching the sugar intake and eating a healthy diet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
tasha92337 wrote:
scalawaggirl-

You will be my new EDS friend! Well I had a saliva and urine testing a while back and came to be too acidic. So I started drinking alkaline drinks which are great! I also had a problem with my central nervous system and I started taking Vitamin B complex liquids with mag. and calcium. And I also suffered with slight dark circles and puffy eyes but that was b/c I never slepted. LOL The ND suggested I get more sleep and have a healthy diet.

My digestion system was on of the organs that wasnt working properly besides my pancreas, liver, stomach and spleen.

Its been a month and a half and some of my systems are getting balanced. I started oil pulling and that really took off with detoxing! My dark circles are 50% reduced which is awesome.

Far as parasites goes, I was told to eat garlic clove, and onions

Digestion: ginger, pineapple and papaya

Kidney: watermelon juice and parsley

Liver: spinach, kale, beets, and glove

What are you taking to help with Candida b/c I was told that it also relates to my dark circles. The candida docter stated that I also go on a candida diet.

Are you taking Probiotics or acidophilious?

Absolutely! You should check out our Candida thread (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=279798#279798). There are a handful of other like-minded ladies working against the fungus. It sounds like you are making very positive changes so that's great! Regarding the candida, here is what I do:

3x/day with meals, I take 1 tsp. or 3 gel tabs of Black Cumin Seed oil as well as 4 drops of Oil of Oregano sublingually (extra strength)

Drink lots of water

Drink green tea (the real deal; just switched with proper brewing)

Each night before bed on an empty stomach, I take two Threelac packs and follow with water. These are probiotics.

I also eat plain yoghurt but am sure nothing much survives the OoO or BCSO. Smile That's why I switched to taking the probiotics at night - to give them a fighting chance. I'm not completely on the candida diet but I'm watching the sugar intake and eating a healthy diet.

Wow!! I read about oregano Oil which someone wrote a dark circle cure that contained Oregano Oil and probiotics. I heard of Threelac too!! Maybe i need to get some. How much are they and where did you get it?
Thanks for the thread link for candida. I will def. look into that.
You have been such help!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I buy the OoO fromwww.bio-alternatives.com (Cervacrol-Ex) and the Threelac from http://www.ghtdiscountclub.com/threelac_main.aspx?ID=support3

You're very welcome. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I buy the OoO fromwww.bio-alternatives.com (Cervacrol-Ex) and the Threelac from http://www.ghtdiscountclub.com/threelac_main.aspx?ID=support3

You're very welcome. Smile

Wow the threelac is 50 bucks. Well thank goodness i got paid yesterday. Lol. I did see organo oil cheaper. I believe it was twelve dollars.

How long have you been using your products for candida? From the time you started to now, how much improvment have you seen in a percetage range?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |