Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Glowy, Dewy Skin with Oil Pulling!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I started OPing in March and at first thought my teeth were whiter. I was using cold pressed organic sunflower oil, and I did like the clean after-OP feeling. However--my recent dentist's visit showed NO better results, in fact, I had more tartar buildup than ever around my back teeth. And I had persistent, very very aggrevating chin breakouts/red, itchy skin while doing this that I just could not get rid of. So, I stopped last weekend and already my chin looks better.

I may try again at some point with a different oil, but clearly I'm not one of those people who gets glowing skin, sound sleep and cleaner teeth with this!! Once again, as with nearly everything, IMO your mileage may vary...

Oh, and drinking urine? Let's see, urine and feces contain what your body doesn't want, can't use, and gets rid of. Why would you put that back IN?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
How come i have miss this informative thread Confused
Thanks cathy_jean to post the link of this thread from another thread.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I dont get how the oil pulling swish is beneficial lol since your spitting it out??? ALthough you wouldnt want to drink the oil Laughing
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
puregdstuf wrote:
Gosh.. urine is toxic. i watched a Taiwanese program where a man's family drank urine on a daily basis, claiming it improve their health. Looks bogus to me. Urine consists of toxic waste to be cleared from the body and people drink them back in? Shock

lol i agree sounds very ewww and bogus
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I will try many things in the name of beauty, but I can't drink my urine! I seem to remember reading about urine therapy at some time or another and some cultures practice this form of "therapy" as part of their beauty regime.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
is there a list of which type of oil is good for specific problems? i'm interested to try OP but not sure which oil will be more beneficial.

many thanks! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing OP for about a month now. The way it works to remove the toxins from your body and what oils are beneficial to use can be found at this website: http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=738&c=0&p=1. There's so much info to read and sort thru but it's well worth it, good luck!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tasha... I know someone asked this previously, but how much water, cayenne pepper and lemon do you use? Also, do you use lemon juice from the bottle? Thanks much.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this is a great method!

Mind you the cayenne lemon and water will make you lose some weight
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
is there a list of which type of oil is good for specific problems? i'm interested to try OP but not sure which oil will be more beneficial.

many thanks! Very Happy

I've read some users feedback that different oils apparently have different effects on them.
Some oils are apparently better for skin/glow, energy, mood, etc

Can't recall the details, perhaps someone more experience would be able to share on this.. Razz
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't care if my urine is the "fountain of youth".... I'm not going to be re-using it.
Shock

My daughter just started OPing with sunflower oil - I will have to watch & see if it really does make a difference.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I want to try this amazing oil pulling techniques but have tried with olive oil and was nearly sick. What oil tastes Ok or will not make me heave? (Obviously I realise you don'y swallow it but still seem to be affected)!!!
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Cold pressed sunflower oil is not too bad!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Oil pulling sounds gross. Does all that oil in your mouth make you gain weight? I can't stand oil in my food! I don't even like salad dressings! I don't think this is for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
i read the reports but end up with not understanding what stuff you are talking about
could anyone kindly to give me some tips? Embarassed
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just oil pulled two days ago

what a relief
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Would anyone care to share how is this done? Should it be before or after brushing teeth? I only know it cant be done immediately after meal... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly this seems like a hoax.This is hard to digest...especially the urine part Shock Shock
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
hello Ambien

I'm not an expert but I can help a little I hope.

The instructions I have used are:

1st thing in the morning, suck and swish 1 tablespoon cold pressed organic sunflower oil around teeth and mouth, for 3 minutes

do not swallow at all! spit down plughole

rinse with salt water

brush your teeth and tongue
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
hello Ambien

I'm not an expert but I can help a little I hope.

The instructions I have used are:

1st thing in the morning, suck and swish 1 tablespoon cold pressed organic sunflower oil around teeth and mouth, for 3 minutes

do not swallow at all! spit down plughole

rinse with salt water

brush your teeth and tongue

Thanks chickenlittle, much appreciated! Any idea if salt water is necessary? And did you personally have good results with mainly sunflower oil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, no problem at all!

well, everyone will say something different, but from my experience ...

you just want to really thoroughly clean out the mouth after swishing, as the oil is supposed to become full of toxins. so the salt water is a nice way to do that, but if you brush really thoroughly that should be OK (do your tongue too)

i in fact I oil swished as part of a general detox programme, so it's hard to pin down the cause of improvements. But I would say that it FELT like toxins were being pulled. Sunflower oil is what I have seen recommended in many places, I like it because there is little taste. Not all oils work the same - some people say to rotate them, others say to only use certain oils.

good luck!
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks much for great tips again! Sounds like a good oil to start with then Wink

5% products discount

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh juice fasting! Not to burst the bubble, but I think your looking so fierce because of the juice fast. I know loads of people that juice fast and look stunning. In fact Im on a raw food diet(well acatualy Im not looking so good coz my body is in detox). We all look like that. Ive seriously never met an ugly raw foodist Very Happy .
mirar07
5% products discount

Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree! I think the juicing played a huger part. When i was home for the summer, my mom bought jack lalanne's(sp?) juicer (after weeks of looking for the cheapest one Laughing) and I ended up being the only one that used it consistently after all that hassle she went through. My skin was glowing until i came back to school and returned to my "all take-out/fast food" diet and now it's just a different story. I've tried OP numerous times and all I get is a huge pimple in the SAME spot that never goes away, nothing else.

eta: I forgot to say THANK YOU for the recipes you gave, i'm going to get my own juicer tomorrow and will definitely utilize them.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Wow, there is always something new and interesting and tempting. I remember reading about this oil pulling method before and didn't try it yet... Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |