Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Glowy, Dewy Skin with Oil Pulling!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Oil Pulling swish AND Juice Fasting!!!!

Benefits:

*Glowing, Dewy skin

*Inexpensive Method

*You will see dramatic changes in skin tone and complexion

I oiled pulled for two weeks and I had some excellent results with my skin w/out using my ususal skin care line- Aveda.

My aunt who I see daily said "Natasha, what are you doing to your skin, you have this Radient Glow and the whites of your eyes are glowing...Are you having sex??? I laughed and told that i was trying this new thing called oil pulling. this works!!!

All you do is take a small amount of olive oil, or sunflower oil and swish in your mouth for 20 minutes ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. I usually break it down in two sets- once in the morning for 10 and once before bed. You must be on an empty stomach.

Anyway, you swish the oil in your mouth all through the teeth and tongue areas. Dont Swallow!!

After 10 minutes, you spit the oil out and wash mouth with water.

This is a natural detoxing method and makes your skin glow, whiten the whites of your eyes and teeth

AND

Juice Fasting Recipes

Natural Lemon Aid: 4 apples, ¼ lemon with the peel

Stomach: one cup of cabbage, 4 carrots, 2 stalks of celery

Liver: ½ beet with the greens, 3 apples, 2 carrots

Bones: 6 carrots, 1 apple, 1 cup spinach *this is also a Master daily juice*

Skin: 6 carrots, ½ bell pepper, ½ cup kale

Body Cleanser (detox drink): 3 carrots, ½ cucumber, ½ beet with the greens

Lungs: 5 carrots, ½ cup cabbage, ¼ cup potato

Pancreas: 4 carrots, ¼ cup string beans, 3 Brussels sprouts, ½ cup lettuce

Anti-viral: 1 apple, 2 oranges, one cup pineapple *this is also a Master daily
juice*:

Immune system: 3 carrots, 1 stalk celery, 1 apple, ½ beet with the greens, ¼ cup wheat grass, ¼ cup parsley

Alkaline drink: 2 carrots, one 3 inch wedge of cabbage, 4 stalks celery

Blood builder: 5 carrots, 1 cup spinach, ¼ turnip with the greens, 4 sprigs of parsley

Diuretic: ¼ of a watermelon including the rind

Arties and veins (to open and cleanse) 2 cups grapes, 2 apples, 1 cup pineapple

Spleen: ¼ cup dandelion, ¼ cup watercress, 4 carrots, and ½ beet with the greens

Colon Tonic: 6 carrots, one 3” wedge green cabbage, and one apple

Bladder Tonic: 3 apples, ½ cup cranberries

Colon Cleanser: 3 pares, and 3 apples

Hay Fever Helper: 6 Carrots, one stalk of celery and ¼ cup of parsley

Pain Relief: 6 carrots, one stalk of celery, ¼ of lettuce and ¼ cup of spinach.

Healthy Heart: 6 Carrots, ½ cucumber & ½ cup cabbage
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
No doubt that toxins and parasites are affecting your dark circles. I've also heard that dark circles are caused by allergies that you may not be aware of (?). Oil pulling has helped many people overcome sinus and allergy problems, so you may be receiving additional benefits and not know it! Either way, I am happy to learn that OP'ing has really improved this problem for you!

It also sounds as if you need to try some Oil of Oregano and Black Cumin Seed oil to help you attack these parasite issues once and for all! I swear to you Tasha, these oils are totally amazing and if you follow a certain protocol you will definitely feel better within 30 days (if not sooner!). Though the products you're taking right now for detoxing are fine, they are not strong enough to really eradicate all of the bacteria/fungi/parasites from your system. You really need to take something much stronger (like the OoO & BCS oils) for 6 to 9 months if you really want to kill off these insidious beasts that are skilled at hiding in your body (or can build up an immunity to all of the standard anti-parasite products). I know there is a lot of material to wade through on the Candida thread in the Lounge, but please check it out as I think you'll find some very valuable info that will help you regain your weight and get your health back on track the way you'd like it! I'd also be happy to share any info I can with you about detoxing & fighting Candida, so please feel free to PM me if you'd like!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Thankyou Tasha and ScotsLass for answering my question. Can I also ask you ScotsLass, if the supplement you mentioned you take daily is called Greens. A friend of mine takes this, and is always trying to persuade me to buy it, but I am pretty sceptical about the claims she makes about it, and am interested in what it has done for you. Also, I don't have candida, but would I also benefit from adding the additional oils to the basic one for the op?

Hi lillilulu! Sorry for the delay getting back to you (my real life activities prevent me from checking in here as often as I'd like!). I absolutely love my Greens+ powder and highly recommend you try it because there are so many, many benefits you'll receive from this power-house supplement. First off, it is a fantastic way to add extra antioxidants into your diet without having to over-dose on additional fruits and veggies every day. As I am currently trying to limit the types of fruits and veggies I'm eating due to my fight against Candida, I know I will be fine without all my faves because greens+ provides the equivalent of 6 servings of organic fruits & veggies. This thrills me as my skin really needs the benefits of antioxidants as these are the soldiers that fight off free-radicals which are conclusively linked to aging. Do not be tempted to use this powder as a substitution for fruits and veggies though, it is ideal as a booster because you can never have enough antioxidants in your body. Greens+ is also a tremendous way to gently detox your body from harmful toxins; increase your energy levels; help you lose or maintain weight loss; balance out any digestive issues; and provide a hearty dose of vital nutrients. Official studies of the Greens+ I take has also shown that it is helping to prevent Osteoporosis (another very important disease I want to avoid as a woman).

Since I have begun taking Greens+ I have much more energy and do not feel tempted to snack between meals. My digestive system is not near as sluggish and my skin is clear and blemish free. I have a sense of well-being and notice a significant difference when I stop the powder. Below you'll find a brief bit of info regarding the powder I take and some additional benefits you will derive from it. Like your friend, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this product. Once you try it, I assure you, you WILL notice a difference in how you feel and look. The product I take can be purchased online throughwww.feelgoodnatural.com. You can also buy the equivalent Greens+ powder from Apple Peel Enterprises (just make certain it is the standard one and not the flavored versions). This company purchased the formula & distribution rights from Genuine Health, the makers of my fave Greens+ powder, so I feel confident it is worth trying out.

Now for the oils I add to OPing. I add a drop or two of extra strong OoO (oil of oregano) because I have an issue with bacteria in my mouth that I want to control. I stupidly had an emergency root canal a few years ago and did not realize how harmful this dental procedure is to your health (that's a another story!). So I use the OoO to specificially combat additional harmful bacteria that is breeding due to the root canal. The added perks of using OoO is I should not see any future cavities develop because it this herb is supposedly strong enough to kill the bacteria that causes them. Before you try OoO, I would suggest you try oil pulling out for a month on it's own and see how you feel. Oil pulling alone is also supposed to clean the mouth of bacteria, so you may not want to add OoO. Hope this helps.... wave

Quote:
Greens+ (by Genuine Health -www.genuinehealth.com)
Achieve more energy for work and play from the original, research-proven and healthy source!
Greens+ contains a perfect balance of 23 essential ingredients - encompassing a variety of 18 natural colours, phytonutrients and fibre - which combined, make it the ideal natural whole food supplement.

Why go Greens+?
Quite simply, Greens+ will make you feel better. And when you feel better you can live a more vibrant, energetic life. We know it works, Greens+ has substantial clinical research conducted by a pharmacist from the University of Toronto proving its results, along with tremendous, positive feedback from Greens+ users, who consistently report an increase in their energy levels and overall sense of well being.

Gram for gram, only Greens+ has:
6 times more Calcium than broccoli
2.5 times more Magnesium than spinach
3 times more Folic Acid than orange juice
4 times more Vitamin A than tomato juice
7 times more fibre than cooked oatmeal
…and more!

Greens+ is research-proven to provide:
-Increased energy and improved overall well-being - guaranteed*
-Energy-enhancing ingredients such as bee pollen, royal jelly and licorice, without any added sugar, artificial sweeteners or salt
-Highest Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity (ORAC)reduction - a measure of antioxidant ability for anti-aging support (greens+ contains both fat & water soluble antioxidants.
-Bone support through the production of osteoblasts**
-Antioxidant equivalent of 6 servings of organic fruits and vegetables
-Highest Potential Renal Acid Load (PRAL) - a measure of alkalinity (a more alkaline body = a healthier body)
-100% standardized herbal extracts to guarantee optimum levels of active ingredients and to ensure consistent results.***

*As found in a clinical, double-blind, placebo-controlled study conducted by a pharmacist from the University of Toronto and published in the Canadian Journal of Dietetics Practice and Research.

**The findings from the University of Toronto suggest that greens+ may be used effectively in the management of osteoporosis.

***Standardized Extract: Why is this important and generally considered the best? The amount of active ingredients in unstandardized herbs can vary as much as 50-90% depending on factors such as climate, soil conditions, genetic potential of the seeds time and conditions of harvest transformation methods and storage. Standardized extracts are the most effective, due to their premium quality and consistent results.

Recognized as the original and most award-winning supplement in North America, it’s no wonder that greens+ is chosen by more Canadians than any other green food product of its kind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Hey Deanne! I read that particular article last week and am currently looking for additional info to support or dispute it. At this stage I am seriously doubting that toxins are being pulled from the body by means of your lingual artery. If anything, the reverse is happening and the oil is being absorbed through this vein to a given degree. Though the absorption of whatever oil you are using has some benefits, this alone is not the cause of your skin becoming dewy or any other great health improvements. I ingest a number of supplements daily in addition to a tablespoon of pure Omega 3 oil and EVOO on my salads and this is far more intensive than the trace amounts of oil I might absorb through OP'ing. In other words, I know that the tiny bit of oil I ingest or absorb through oil pulling every day is not contributing that much to my body. What oil pulling might be doing is ridding the mouth of harmful bacteria that resides in the dentinal tubules of your teeth as well as your gums and this improvement in your oral hygiene is the actual cause of other health benefits. What you might be spitting out is harmful bacteria that is contained in your teeth and mouth and not so much your entire body. As I mentioned earlier, I am still researching this and hope to learn more in the near future. One thing I do believe is that swishing with oils such as refined sesame and organic virgin coconut can definitely whiten your teeth and soften any tartar and plaque (the number of people ranting about this particular side effect is staggering!). So until I can determine the other possible health benefits and confirm that toxins are really being pulled & killed, I will continue to OP as a means of whitening my teeth naturally and inexpensively!

One other thing, I have also swished with food grade Hydrogen Peroxide for 15-20 minutes during a 10 day period and noticed a HUGE improvement in my gums and teeth. At one point I also experienced some intensive detox effects such as headaches and flu-like symptoms so I know for certain it was killing off something either in my mouth or in my body. Once that phase had passed I felt great. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
michelec wrote:
Tasha, do you mean you drink the cayenne and lemon in the water at the same time? And about how much of each?

Yes, its called the MASTER CLEANSE

Its water, (i prefer distilled water ), cayenne pepper and lemon all together in one big cup.
Drink throughout the day.

Thats it.

Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
Has anyone heard of urine therapy??

Its basically drinking your own urine and applying it to your face. Helps get rid of acne.

I searched it on curezone.com

Any thoughts?

Doubt Yes, I have a thought: Never!!! Laughing Have you tried it, Tasha?
pudoodles Smile
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Here is one of the articles I found on oil pulling.... http://www.lisabarger.com/oil_pulling_debunked.html
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil isn't toxic to the body unless you drink loads of it, which is not the case when oil-pulling. It is actually sold as a natural laxative and even comes in pills.

In fact, the recommended dosage for the Castor oil I have is 1-4 tablespoons for adults or 1-3 teaspoons for children aged 2 to under 12 years of age when used as a laxative.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-897-CASTOR.aspx?activeIngredientId=897&activeIngredientName=CASTOR

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/constipation/a/Castor-Oil.htm

http://news.sciencemag.org/health/2012/05/just-spoonful-castor-oil
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |