Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Glowy, Dewy Skin with Oil Pulling!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
ive been oil pulling for 5 days now and started feeling really tired/lethargic after the 2nd day.. i know this may happen in detox in general and as the oilpulling.com site says things tend to get worse before they get better so i will continue doing it.. anyone else experience this or has any advice how to battle it? its interfering with my lifestyle and production i just feel like sleeping or moping around the house all day. but i do immediatly see that i have whiter teeth and somewhat of a glow!

Hi Ladies,

I have been OPing for approx 3 days now, and I noticed last night that I slept really heavy (which I don't like and isn't normally me). Today, I too feel a bit lethargic and my head feels heavy and headache-y, is this normal ? I think I read it can help you sleep better, but I really don't want to be sleeping this heavy, as I feel tired all day then. Any advice anyone ?

Jackie x
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I've just visited curezone website and it looks like it has loads of information. Is there some link on it that just has recipes? I see here where people are adding all different kinds of oils and I'm wondering does it say on there what to add when you're wanting to treat different things and what it's supposed to do?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone using flax seed oil? I think this may be the only refined oil I can find in my area and I'm just wondering how it tastes.
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
Oil Pulling swish AND Juice Fasting!!!!

Anyway, you swish the oil in your mouth all through the teeth and tongue areas. Dont Swallow!!

After 10 minutes, you spit the oil out and wash mouth with water.

Tasha, this might be a dumb question, but do you swish before brushing your teeth in the morning? Will your mouth stink of oil if you do it after? I am going to try it out from tomorrow itself Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
My husband walked into the bathroom last night and I had my mouth full of oil swishing and also doing the OCM in circular motions, he just shook his head and said "I wish I was that bottle of oil, you might give me 10 minutes of your time" Laughing

BTW I use Olive Leaf Extract to swish with as I take 5ml of this every day anyhow.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
My husband walked into the bathroom last night and I had my mouth full of oil swishing and also doing the OCM in circular motions, he just shook his head and said "I wish I was that bottle of oil, you might give me 10 minutes of your time" Laughing

Tee hee hee hee hee!!!!!!! That's too funny, Mardy! Laughing Laughing Laughing

When my DH says goodbye to me each morning as he heads off to the office, I am usually sitting in the kitchen doing OP. He just kisses me on the top of my head but I'm sure he is rolling his eyes Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone else still doing OP? How's it going?

I think it's been about 2 weeks for me now and for the most part, I'm liking what I see. Overall, my skin looks better, although I can't really articulate what about it is better. Maybe it's "fresher" looking? Imagination? Placebo effect? Who knows?

On the downside, I got some new milia on my face (never had any before) but they were extracted when I had my facial today. I'm guessing that new milia pop ups could be part of the detox process?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard it once from a beauty magazine. I did not try it yet. Does it really help?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
Anyone else still doing OP? How's it going?

I think it's been about 2 weeks for me now and for the most part, I'm liking what I see. Overall, my skin looks better, although I can't really articulate what about it is better. Maybe it's "fresher" looking? Imagination? Placebo effect? Who knows?

On the downside, I got some new milia on my face (never had any before) but they were extracted when I had my facial today. I'm guessing that new milia pop ups could be part of the detox process?

I'm still doing it, and it's been about a week and a half. So far, so good! My teeth are definitely whiter, and I do think my skin looks a bit brighter...hopefully I'll see more improvement as I keep doing this.

Cathy, you mentioned milia popping up. I didn't have milia, but I did get a breakout on my chin which is now going away. I'm thinking it probably is part of the detox process. Anyone else have any "outbursts" on their skin when they first started?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing it about 2 weeks now...not sure if i notice anything, my teeth definitely aren't any whiter, which is a bummer. I've been using sunflower oil with a drop of oregano oil, wonder if the oregano oil has something to do with the teeth???
I swish for 20 min. in the morning.
as far as the milia, not sure about this?? Did you get the milia under the eyes? No real break outs,although i do have a cystic pimple forming on my chin this morning, but that could be happening from a number of things(also started the OCM a few weeks back)
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
hyguee wrote:
Did you get the milia under the eyes? (also started the OCM a few weeks back)

I got the milia in the nasolabial area and truthfully, I didn't know they were milia until the aesthetician that was doing my facial told me what they were.

For me, the change in my hair is the most dramatic thing I've noticed post OP. I mentioned it before in this thread, but I've continued to be amazed at how my hair doesn't fall out when I wash it now. I have so much hair that my stylist usually thins it out a bit, but it is nice to not have to clean up all that hair out of the tub and out of the corners of my bathroom every morning.

I think my teeth are a bit whiter, and my skin looks better to me. Nothing earthshaking (at least so far -- I mean no one is going to mistake me for a 20 year old Laughing) but so far I am very pleased. I just wish everything I do for my personal maintenance could be as easy (and cheap) and swishing around some oil!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been op-ing for 2 weeks now and the first week, I got some big spots pop up, but they have now gone and I noticed today, my skin looks quite nice, although I'm doing so many different things it's hard to say what's working or not, but the one thing I can definitely say, is that it really does give me a good nights sleep. The one time I didn't op, because I was too tired, I slept very poorly, and that's the only sleepless night I've had in 2 weeks, and as that was a problem for me before, I will definitely continue to do the op. My teeth also look really clean and white.
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying the oil pulling, still waiting to see results. its not horribly unpleasant, especially if it works!!
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Is anyone using flax seed oil? I think this may be the only refined oil I can find in my area and I'm just wondering how it tastes.

I never heard of using flaxseed oil for oil pulling.

Best is sunflower seed, olive oil...
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Sweet_Angel wrote:
tasha92337 wrote:
Oil Pulling swish AND Juice Fasting!!!!

Anyway, you swish the oil in your mouth all through the teeth and tongue areas. Dont Swallow!!

After 10 minutes, you spit the oil out and wash mouth with water.

Tasha, this might be a dumb question, but do you swish before brushing your teeth in the morning? Will your mouth stink of oil if you do it after? I am going to try it out from tomorrow itself Smile

I read somewhere the other day that after oil pulling one should not only swish with salt water, but with salt and baking soda and warm water. Then after you have done that and brushed your teeth and cleaned your mouth use some of the left over water to gently snuff up your nose a little a few times and when you are done blow your nose. I thought I'd give it a try because I'd been having some clear drainage throughout the day.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:

BTW I use Olive Leaf Extract to swish with as I take 5ml of this every day anyhow.

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
who has candida?
gserchi
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
before jumping on the bandwagon, you may want to consider what others have to say about oil pulling:

This article talks about oil pulling as a scam.

http://www.lisabarger.com/oil_pulling_debunked.html

Just putting this out there-- believe people should think claims through thoroughly....
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I had to give up on oil-pulling because of my d*mn acid reflux! Confused

Everything was going great for about five days of OP with cold-pressed olive oil, then one morning I felt this burning sensation in my throat. I knew it was my acid reflux, and tried to ignore it, but finally it got so bad I had to stop. I *think* the oil pulling may have stimulated the acid production, in the same way it causes the saliva production.

Forgive me, as I have not done any research on this, but has anyone else participating in this thread experienced acid reflux probs?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I've stopped this after a few days of trying it. I did some reading and was not convinced plus I got some sort of raised pimples on my chin - maybe just because of it spilling when I chuck it about - don't know. To be honest I don't have time to mess around with the oil if I am not sure that it is doing anything - can't see the scientific evidence that this pulls toxins. Keep us posted those carrying on!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick question, where does the oil actually pull the toxins from, and how does it do this?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried this and YUCK!

I'm not saying I'm quitting, but until my spit kicked in...EVOO tastes kinda gross. I'll try anything and if I see results then I'll decide to keep this or not.

For now, I'm sticking with EVOO as there are so many benefits with this oil all around.

As I've been reading this thread (a-swishin' away), it dawned on me instead of 'pulling'....what if its 'pushing'.

Ok, bad use of words, but if toxins can't really be pulled from the blood (which makes sense from the article) what if a person is just absorbing the benefits of the oil itself?

EVOO has been used for years by women due to all the wonderful qualities it has...is it so far fetched to think our bodies are responding to that?

I'm no doctor, just a laid up sicky doing lots of reading on EDS today. Very Happy

What do you all think?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
deanne? I think gserchi's link above will answer your questions adequately. Thanks for posting that information gserchi!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Actually it doesn't. It drops a question about the oil being absorbed into the blood and why that can't happen.

My idea/question is....are the properties of the oil just being absorbed?

Maybe there are bits of the oil (when broken down by our saliva) that are easily absorbed into, say, our skin? That's what happens in our intestines, I believe. Digestion starts in the mouth with the spit. Is it so far fetched an idea? It could account for the break outs around the mouth by members. I honestly don't know which is why I'm throwing it out there.

Very interesting articles on both sides of OP, I think. EVOO has lots of benefits. I was just thinking that maybe that is why folks have good results from OP. Not so much of a 'pulling' out of toxins, but of absorbing the properties in EVOO (or other Cold pressed oils -which have more of the good stuff anyway).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Hey Deanne! I read that particular article last week and am currently looking for additional info to support or dispute it. At this stage I am seriously doubting that toxins are being pulled from the body by means of your lingual artery. If anything, the reverse is happening and the oil is being absorbed through this vein to a given degree. Though the absorption of whatever oil you are using has some benefits, this alone is not the cause of your skin becoming dewy or any other great health improvements. I ingest a number of supplements daily in addition to a tablespoon of pure Omega 3 oil and EVOO on my salads and this is far more intensive than the trace amounts of oil I might absorb through OP'ing. In other words, I know that the tiny bit of oil I ingest or absorb through oil pulling every day is not contributing that much to my body. What oil pulling might be doing is ridding the mouth of harmful bacteria that resides in the dentinal tubules of your teeth as well as your gums and this improvement in your oral hygiene is the actual cause of other health benefits. What you might be spitting out is harmful bacteria that is contained in your teeth and mouth and not so much your entire body. As I mentioned earlier, I am still researching this and hope to learn more in the near future. One thing I do believe is that swishing with oils such as refined sesame and organic virgin coconut can definitely whiten your teeth and soften any tartar and plaque (the number of people ranting about this particular side effect is staggering!). So until I can determine the other possible health benefits and confirm that toxins are really being pulled & killed, I will continue to OP as a means of whitening my teeth naturally and inexpensively!

One other thing, I have also swished with food grade Hydrogen Peroxide for 15-20 minutes during a 10 day period and noticed a HUGE improvement in my gums and teeth. At one point I also experienced some intensive detox effects such as headaches and flu-like symptoms so I know for certain it was killing off something either in my mouth or in my body. Once that phase had passed I felt great. Cool

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |