Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what have u won?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
i was just bored the other day..even tho i got revision and assignments to do Rolling Eyes ...i just read how this woman won everything she needed from cars for her sons, to fridges and hoovers and holidays... so i just thought, y cant i do that!? and so far i have won:
- chewing gum
- rimmel mascara
- sample sized shampoos
- sample sized shower gel
- sample sized nivea skincare
- jelly beans!!!
- sample sized olay mask
which i think is pretty cool, and really complain...ITS FREE!

what have u won?
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
the fortune seldom take care of me!
i never won something! Sad
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
* A year's supply of baby stuff when I was born (for most unusual name).
* A $500 shopping spree at an antique store.
* A set of Corning Casserole dishes.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
My list will be awfully short - none. Doubt
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I won 4 tickets to the Rose Bowl at my company X-mas party once. That was really awesome.

I also won a free $50 voucher on EDS....still need to spend it. Very Happy

I won 4 out of 5 on a CA lottery ticket once. I almost won 5 out of 5. I was debating between 2 numbers, and tossed out the one that turned out to be the last winning number that would have won me the jackpot. I nearly fainted when I saw that I won 4 numbers, so if I actually won 5, I would have probably had to be hospitalized.

I won a $10 gift certificate to Target as a result of a drawing I entered at my current company.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I won:
    THREE prizes at the SCB birthday bash
    cool backpack from Microsoft event (actually, my husband won, but he says he never wins anything, so the only reason he got lucky was because I wanted it)
    NOTHING in LV
Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
In the past three years:

A single ticket to an art exhibition, tickets for two to five movies, a single ticket for three different live pop concerts, entry for two to a museum exhibition, and tickets for two to the opening of The Producers.

One L'oreal Blush and lipstick, a Revlon beauty pack, a Dr LeWinn evening cream and a skin care travel pack by The Organic Pharmacy.

Condoms (five times), a weeks car hire, a weekend away for two, a garden hose, scuba diving lessons, a days sailing lesson, entry for two to three different theme parks, dinner for two, cd's, dvd's, six bottles of wine, a poster, a backpack, a baseball cap, two reusable grocery bags and a frisbee.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I've won many small things, but never anything big. Some day I'll win the big one Pray Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I actually won a watch in a cracker jack box. I thought that was hysterical for some reason -- like who actually wins something in a cracker jack box? it was a plastic piece of junk, however.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
In the past three years:

A single ticket to an art exhibition, tickets for two to five movies, a single ticket for three different live pop concerts, entry for two to a museum exhibition, and tickets for two to the opening of The Producers.

One L'oreal Blush and lipstick, a Revlon beauty pack, a Dr LeWinn evening cream and a skin care travel pack by The Organic Pharmacy.

Condoms (five times), a weeks car hire, a weekend away for two, a garden hose, scuba diving lessons, a days sailing lesson, entry for two to three different theme parks, dinner for two, cd's, dvd's, six bottles of wine, a poster, a backpack, a baseball cap, two reusable grocery bags and a frisbee.

no wonder ur called luckylouie! Laughing
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm always entering competitions, but I can safely say I have never won anything... EVER...not even a chocolate bar! Laughing I think it's because I'm so bad at those "25 words or less" ones Embarassed, which I find are the most common type of competitions around nowadays.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I just won the EDS $50 gift certificate last week. It was the FIRST thing I've ever won!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I won 100,000 20 years ago when Calif had the instant scratch off ticket.My then BF gave me the ticket....I immediately invested it in a house and then broke up with him! Laughing Laughing (he deserved it, I earned that $$$)
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
You've got to be in it to win it! I spend around half an hour a week entering every free competition going, whether I want the prize or not. I figure I can always give it to someone else, sell it if it is valuable enough or swap it for something I want. I'm working on the principal that if I just keep entering I'll eventually win something really valuable like a car, home renovations or an overseas trip.

I forgot to mention I have also won entry to various nightclubs (around 10 double passes), books, coffee, a stab blender, a half day coffee making class, chocolates, perfume, a bottle of whiskey, a double pass to the Melbourne Garden and Flower show, a double pass to Perth Zoo, anti virus software and a magazine subscription.

There are websites around that list various competitions that can be entered for free. This makes it quick and easy to do. I don't particularly like the 25 words or less competitions, so unless the prize is one I actually want or is fairly valuable, I normally skip them.

The most frustrating thing about online competitions is the junk email as they normally make you sign up for their newsletter. I just wait until the competition is drawn and then unsubscribe.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
A new scanner, but I didn't know how to hook it up so it sat in the box for a lonnnng time.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I won once EDS 50 gift certificate, 60 dollar best buy from company party... not bad
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
...i just read how this woman won everything she needed from cars for her sons, to fridges and hoovers and holidays... so i just thought, y cant i do that!?

I heard about someone who did that, too...it was pretty much all she did, though! She treated it (entering contests) just like a job...working at it everyday! I guess it's the law of averages...you'd have to get "lucky" once in awhile if you worked at it that hard Smile

A few things I remember winning:

$250 from Mass Cash Lottery--had a free ticket
$50 GC from local pet supply store
$200+ worth of goodies from beautysak.com
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've won some things, but haven't won anything for probably about 8 years now (has my luck run out? Laughing ) I don't enter a lot of contests though, so maybe that's why.

The ones I remember are:
    When I was a teenager... An autographed Platinum Blonde tour book (I was THIS close away from winning an autographed guitar!)
    Two times I won a full plate set through a local grocery store (actually it was my mom that entered my name each time!)
    Lancome gift basket set at a local drug store.
    The odd free ticket or $1 or $10 from the lottery ... and I rarely buy tickets any longer because I never do win more than that.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Nada for me Sad.

But, I'm patiently waiting to win here at EDS Wink.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
i've only won a WaterPik dental irrigator from a dentist office contest....

i wish it was more glamourous Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
i hardly have that sorta of luck. so far i can only recall ever winning a $100 shopping voucher. *faint* Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
none, not lucky on that Sad
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
hopefully i can hve better luck here in EDS! LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I once won a turkey at bingo, because I was sitting to the left of the person who won the jackpot. Laughing
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I won my DH's Embarassed

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |