Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
aloe vera
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Im trying a new moisturser that contains aloe vera and i dont think my skin is liking it very much does anyone else have a problem with products containing aloe vera or have you found it to help in creams. I have highly senstive skin too and react to many skin creams.

Be grateful for any replies
Thanks Sarah
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Good day Sarah. Never had a problem using aloe vera based products and I have super sensitive skin as well. Could be some other ingredient or maybe you're using many items OR could be the change in your skin care routine. Any time you introduce something NEW, your skin could react. HTHs!
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Susie, Thank you for your quick reply. Glad to hear you can tolerate products containing aloe vera that does give me a bit of hope. I will carry on trying it i have only been using it on a small area maybe my skin will get used to it and be less irrated the more i use it.

Fingers Crossed
Sarah
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
i know some people are not comfortable to use aloe vera, my friend is.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Some of my favourite skin care products contain Aloe Vera and such...especially the high quality Aloe Barbadensis. I have never had any problems or negative reactions. Aloette skin care is based on Aloe, just to mention one.
As a matter of fact, I always travel with a small bottle of pur aloe vera gel, incase of sunburn, skin irritations (like contact dermatitis), or just as a plain skin moisturizer! For added benefits, I also have a little bottle of pure lavender oil so I can add a drop or two to the aloe to pump up the medicinal value!!
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
actually aloe gel can clamming your skin, i am using pure aloe gel now, so it is totally no problem with it
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a problem with products containing aloe vera but I DO have a problem with products that are aloe based or contain a lot of it. Aloe has a firming/tightening action so for one my skin feels very taut and dry after using it and secondly it provides a protective barrier on your face which is the main problem for me because it breaks me out. It's nice that pollution won't be able to get in but my skin detoxifies itself and a lot of oils and dirt surfaces and the barrier causes it to get trapped in. But never had sensitivity issues with aloe.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I bought a tube of holland&barrat aloe vera gel from sale, and wanted to use in the shower as a mask. It absolutely stung, and left me rashes just in less than 2 mins.

Then I changed to baseformular's aloe and seaweed gel, which is what I'm using now. It's really gentle, and can be used as a hydra mask, too.

I really don't get that they're both natural ingredient, but could work so much differently..
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
It has a calming effect and should be good for sensitive and damaged skin.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
sarah19 wrote:
Im trying a new moisturser that contains aloe vera and i dont think my skin is liking it very much does anyone else have a problem with products containing aloe vera or have you found it to help in creams. I have highly senstive skin too and react to many skin creams.

Thanks Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I also have sensitive skin but it seems to love aloe products. However, I would check the ingredient list to see what else is in it. Perhaps another ingredient is irritating your skin? HTH
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and I use aloe vera after sun it can sooth my skin.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I used pure aloe vera (100% pure by aubreys) and it fades the huge acne scar I've acquired recently. If you followed my thread, you know I recently have a huge acne's scab that fell off. I've been protecting it w/ Herbal Defense Oinment (even though I looked ridiculous when I go out w/ a small white patch). I did that for 24 hours a day. Then 2 days after the scab fell off, I applied this aloe vera solution soaked in shiseido cotton ball (tear it in half and then cut a small patch as the original cotton pad is very thick). I left it on my scar for the entire night. It's only been 2 nights, but you I can hardly see my scar anymore. But you have to remember to protect your scab when you first got it, then cover it 24/7. I thought I was gonna break out or something since it's under covered w/ either herbal defense or aloe vera but nope. My skin healed beautifullly. I'm very very pleased so far. I'm tempted to begin using it elsewhere on my face...
lululun
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
You can use Aloe to calm sun-burned skin. I usually use it after long-time exposure to sun. It works really well.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have a suspicion that products containing aloe breaks me out so I avoid skincare products with aloe now.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
i only use aloevera for burns of any sort or if after an electrolysis treatments, i have at times used it by putting it on a pimple lol i notice the next day it is bigger dunno if that is good or bad like is it getting out the dirt from the skin or what
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I also use aloe vera for burns (sunburns, cooking accidents, etc.) and have never had any problems.
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I have dry & sensitive skin too, particular legs,I use Aloe Vera as a base, then apply body lotion, for me, either Aloe Vera or body lotion alone won't be moisturize enough. It is much better since I've use this combination. For face, I only use Aloe Vera after exposure to sun.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I use aloe vera for cooking burns, which is really good. Also sometimes I put a heavy layer of aloe vera on my face as a face mask.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I seldom heard that people got problems on using aloe vera products.
Perhaps, there are ingredients that caused you allergy?!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
If i use the fresh aloe vera ,i must cut off the green leaf ,it make me itchy. The pure gel is not problem Very Happy
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Aloe Vera is very good for your skin. I would think that perhaps there is some other ingredients irritating your skin...

When my friend had sunburn, he applied aloe vera. the skin repaired itself quicker, than without using aloe vera.

I don't like the smell of the glue-feel of the aloe, but the benefits are very good....

cheers Smile

quote="sarah19"]Im trying a new moisturser that contains aloe vera and i dont think my skin is liking it very much does anyone else have a problem with products containing aloe vera or have you found it to help in creams. I have highly senstive skin too and react to many skin creams.

Thanks Sarah[/quote]
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use aloe gel and lotion mask together. At first eye react strongly with it, but after 2 or 3 times, I get used to it. Maybe you should take a longer time.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |