Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stress - how do YOU cope with it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
It's a stressful world, no doubt about it! I'll admit I used to think that when my kids got older my stress levels would even out ... but now I realize that why the situations may change up, the levels remain the same.

I'm looking for healthy ways to reduce my stress load. There are many factors I CAN'T control in my world, but I *think* I can control my reactions to them if I try!

Sooooooo ... I'm looking for good ideas. I already exercise to keep my blood sugar levels even and don't have time to add more.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks! Ruth/4sons

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
i think exercise is the best way to reduce stress for me.
i will jog and jog till i'm tired!
and then have a spa for relax, after that sleep.
tomorrow is a new day!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Emotional freedom therapy. My friend got me into it when I was having a bit of a breakdown. Every time I feel stress creeping up I use the techniques and it really helps.

You can download the manual at emofree.com. There is no charge and I think the guy Gary Craig is genuinely interested in helping people rather than making a fast buck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Holy smokes, Liz ... I already downloaded that! I read it and wondered if it REALLY worked. Do you do those techniques regularly or just when feeling unglued???

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yoga works wonders for me. 2 to 3 90 minute sessions per week really help me feel centered and balanced. It's a great way to spend time with myself, clear my mind, and block out all the noise from the outside world. I feel replenished and refreshed after each class. I highly recommend this inside and out!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Holy smokes, Liz ... I already downloaded that! I read it and wondered if it REALLY worked. Do you do those techniques regularly or just when feeling unglued???

When I first crashed, I used them four or five times a day or when I felt a panic attack coming on. It took a while to feel comfortable and confident doing it but you soon get the hang of it. I just use them occasionally now as I seem to be generally coping a lot better at the moment. And yes, it seems mad, but it does work. I am a pretty cynical person so was somewhat surprised.

And anyway it's free so nothing to lose anyway!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I know exercise is the right answer, but I don't do it. When I get stressed, I withdraw -- I surf the net, watch TV, read a magazine. I just want to be alone to catch my breath when I get stressed out.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I know exercise is the right answer, but I don't do it. When I get stressed, I withdraw -- I surf the net, watch TV, read a magazine. I just want to be alone to catch my breath when I get stressed out.

That's what I prefer, Marci!!! I'm trying to be more proactive and keep stress from clobbering me as much. I feel pretty darned overwhelmed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth I find it helpful for me to watch what I eat, certain foods can trigger spikes in your insulin levels which can lead to mood swings.
Exercise is the most wonderful stress relief as well you could try natural drops called "Rescue Remedy" they seems to have a very calming effect.
Hope you remain stress free!
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I normally keep reminding myself of the following so I wrote it down and read it before I go to bed. Smile

Negative emotions will bring TOXIC effects on the body and all kinds of illness.
Turn Negative beliefs to positive ones will help to strengthen the immune system.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I focus on not worrying too much...and focusing on what I can control...not all the stuff that's out of my control. I plan ahead...but try to roll w/things when they don't go as planned. I also do yoga and get massages regularly... both of these help me to release stress, and remain calm.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Talking about my stress to the people closest to me helps tons. It is very comforting knowing that I can share my worries with someone I trust. I do not expect them to solve my problems for me but being able to express them verbally is very therapeutic.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
What works for me:

sex - forces me to be in the moment, and break free of whatever is stressing me

yoga - it's actually the same effect as the sex, LOL! Makes me be in the moment

massage - if I can't have the intimacy, the human touch of a professional Confused is still incredibly relaxing

a good cry - well, that's what works for me, but I guess what I mean here is you need an outlet for the emotions attached to that stress. I had a boyfriend who felt better after he punched some trees. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I find that I can block the stress before it gets my blood pumping. It's the power of the mind thing.

At work, I don't let stress get to me. I just take things one day at a time. I figured the worst thing that could happen to me if I couldn't get something done despite my best effort was they could fire me, but they can't kill me. However stress can, so I'd rather not worry about work. I just try my best.

I used to worry about everything. I stop now. Worrying is a major cause for stress but it does nothing productive. It's much better to stop worrying and try to figure out what to do to solve the problem you were stressing about.

If I know about something that will trigger stress, I will stay away from it. Relationship issues can cause stress, so I try to manage them as they're still small. I don't bottle things up any more. I find that I can talk things out with my bf, and things get resolved. No stress, no headache, or heartache.

Kid problem? I just talk to them, too. If they get out of hands, I give them a time out first and let them off if they say they're ready to talk. The time-out gives both of us time to think about things for our talk.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I do some soul searching when I am irritable and edgy. After all, when nothing's right, it always has to do with what is working and what isb't working with your spirit Laughing

I grab some me-time. I second yoga- I got into it thinking that I could get in shape but I really connected with an artform that leaves me breathless and bonding with my surroundings.

I also go walking with the doggy, since he needs exercise and I always feel better communing with nature. Of course, I am unemployed and not looking for work before I start college, so walking anytime is convenient for me, haha. But I'm telling you, 5 or 10 mins, whatever you can squeeze out of your day. It's worth it to walk in the rain (with an umbrella, of course!) and smell the air and the warmth...ahh.

Cleaning up one's living conditions always helps too, I find. Yesterday, I was struggling with a huge bout of good old PMS, worrying and being restless, and I decided to clean my room and move a lot of things around so I had something new to look at. There is nothing so great as standing in your own space with everything put away, nice and neat, and all of your pretty things surrounding you.

Tying in to the last one, I'm a big fan of incense and candles. Our house is filled with them and my room looks especially pretty with the glow of a few tealights and tart burning and filling the air with FRESHNESS.

Journal writing- I go through my spiritual books (oh you guys must be sick of me tossing that word around Wink ) and write down inspirational and beautiful passages to remind me of the greater things in life. I've never been much of a journal writer until recently and now I find that everything- my childhood memories, the times I share with my fiance, my talks with God- I want to write it all down to share with future generations. Plus, going back over my words reminds me of better times and that I really have no need to toil in self pity.

And last but not least- I'm really showing my age here- PLAYSTATION. Being a girl gamer gives me a chance to wreck havoc in my role playing games. There's nothing like saving the world to boost morale.

Mon May 07, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
And last but not least- I'm really showing my age here- PLAYSTATION. Being a girl gamer gives me a chance to wreck havoc in my role playing games. There's nothing like saving the world to boost morale.

Laughing I LOVE my Playstation too! I am so addicted to Guitar Hero II! Laughing

It's a great way to release stress - lots of laughing and good fun all around.
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Second on the Guitar Hero!!

We've even had Guitar Hero "parties" Laughing
pika8909

Mon May 07, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
When I'm stressed, I listen/sing/dance to embarrassing pop music like *NSYNC and Britney Spears. It's funny how I always remember every word to their songs!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I walk. I put my ipod on, turn it up so it drowns everything else out, and I just walk.
If that doesn't work, I'll eat a bunch of those Little Debbie chocolate cupcakes ~now those work!!!!! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
i think with stress, u just gotta find out what ur stressor is and try to elimate or lessen it...altho relaxation techniques help, the stressor is still gonna be there. i always beleive u have to find the root of things

when ur stuck in a situation, u cant exercise or avoid the stress...i remember a teacher telling us to think of a fruit- all the details: the colour, its shape, the taste, think of how u would draw the fruit. altho that sounds weird, it really helps when ur anxiuos and stressful

for me, i never really get stressed. i guess im quite laid back, i try not to let anything get to me
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use Bach's Rescue Remedy--- it calms me down like you wouldn't believe! I've also just started drinking this really lovely lavender-rose-chamomile tea which is very calming and soothing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
exercise then eat good food and shop
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Doing exercises is the best way for me!!
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I'd prefer to do the followings:

a good cry / sing loudly and beautifully of course / shopping / sharing with my close friends / playing with my lovely doggies / playing Nintendo Wii / massaging / doing facial...

Smile
meepo129
5% products discount

Thu May 31, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could just pack up my things and head to the beach sometimes. On weekdays I just lock myself in my room and listen to my favorite vent music if the stress gets out of hand.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |