Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I already found my HG lip balm (Dr. Hauschka's), but I'm a sucker for lip balm since they're relatively cheap to indulge with.

Anyways I saw this one and I LOVE pomegranates so I had to buy it!

It's so much better than the regular Burt's Bees, it doesn't contain the menthol/mint which is a BIG plus to me, since it's a massive irritant and actually causes dryness. The tingling isn't good, it just means you're being irritated/burned.

This one has a very, very tiny amount if at all, it may just be the camphor.

It smells like pomegranates and imbues a slight reddish hue on to your lips which looks really nice. It's also not overly shiny or greasy.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooooo, I love this too! I picked some up at the market a couple of weeks ago and can't keep from reapplying waaaaaaaay too regularly! LOL

Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing on this lip balm for a while now. Thanks for the review! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this Burt's Bees one is far superior to the original and the honey in my opinion.

It smells so nice, too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to look for this at the store tomorrow - sounds great!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
Yes, this Burt's Bees one is far superior to the original and the honey in my opinion.

It smells so nice, too!

I like the pomegranate, but I LOVE the honey one. I got the pom because Target was out of the honey, but for me, the honey kind is more moisturizing and lasts longer. When I put it on before I go to sleep, it's still working in the morning. I try new lip balms all the time...I even shelled out for the Decleor Embarassed, but Burt's Bees is one I've repurchased 3 times already. The only one I didn't like was the Lifeguard's Choice; it felt kind of chalky/dry, and looked that way on my lips as well.
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:

It smells so nice, too!

same with me Razz
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
do not use this, i just use honey one, maybe i should have a try!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, and the helpful comments...I love the lemon cuticle cream, and res-q ointment, but have not tried the lip balms. I have NOT seen the pomegranate here, but will keep looking. Very Happy
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I also prefer the new pomegranate version to the original (dried my lips out) and honey (grainy and didn't enjoy the scent). It has a nice texture without being goopy, waxy or too slick and has a nice, subtle scent and no taste. It doesn't dry out my perpetually chapped lips either, so I think it's a keeper!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been usig Kiehl's No.1 lip balm and just got Decleor's lip balm. The kiehl's I have been using three and later kinda found it was too greasy esp. in summer. But I did have very good experience of it-when my lips cracked and I applied a thick layer of it overnight and it turned so supple and all dead skin were gone. Amazing to me. Anyways, wanna try a different one. The decleor one so far so good, not greasy at all and very light. Fingers crossed!

How do you guys think about this Decleor one and Burt's bee's one?
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:

It smells so nice, too!

YES, I love their lip balm.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot I had picked this up at the drugstore and never used it! Tried it today, and am loving it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love this lip balm! I bought the Lifeguard's Choice for the field (I spent 40 hours in the sun this week up in north central AZ...as fun as that sounds...I was working! Boo.) and the LC tends to be a bit drier, but I use it for the SPF. Combined it was fabulous! My lips weren't burned at all (amazing!).

Love all the lip balms and shimmers I've tried. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I finally took the plunge and purchased this lip balm. It's moisturizing but I prefer the original lip balm. I'm picky about the scent. I didn't like the honey lip balm because of the scent too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I do not like the original one, either. It really smells like wax.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Ooh I HATE that tingly feeling of the other Burt's Bee's lip balms. That's the main reason I can't stand their lip shimmers! The pom balm sounds divine. Smile Thanks for the review.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Im using Burt's Bees honey lip balm stick and the original lip balm stick, both which moisturises and protects my lips quite well...but how does this pomegranate lip balm, is it just the flavour?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Im using Burt's Bees honey lip balm stick and the original lip balm stick, both which moisturises and protects my lips quite well...but how does this pomegranate lip balm, is it just the flavour?

The consistency is different to me; the pomegranate feels much smoother, while the honey seems "dry" in comparison. I used to the like the honey, but recently it's made my lips feel drier. Almost as bad as Aveeno's, with the awful oatmeal in it.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks my_sushi_secret...I too have found the honey lip balm to be a tad bit hard, but recently I got the original flavour and its a LOT smoother and very minty too Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |