Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
I bought an IPL for hair removal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve been doing laser for many parts of my body since the summer of 2005. The machine used was lightsheer and I’ve done 3 treatments before I decided that it was too expensive to continue with the treatments. I decided to buy an IPL, I started doing some research and tried to find a European supplier, but most of the European suppliers offered machines that are VERY expensive. The only solution was to find a Chinese supplier that could offer a machine for a low price. I contacted many, many Chinese suppliers the technical specifications, the prices and the size of the machines varied. I was looking for a smaller machine and maybe a portable one. Few months later I found the machine that I was looking for it’s a Mini IPL, the technical specifications were ok and the customer service was great. I had/and still have contact with the lady at the customer service, she answered all my questions and offered me great support and she replies all my questions when I need help.

The only problem was that I live in Sweden and the company is located in China, I couldn’t trust any Chinese company after an old experience where I ordered some products from China, sent money but received nothing. I tried to find an agent in Sweden that could help me. I found someone (a friend of a friend), he helped me buying the machine and delivered it to Sweden (he also stole some money from me Sad )

This Chinese company offers the IPLs to local prices and international prices. The agent that brought the machine for me, paid the local price but told me that he paid the international price. The lady at the Chinese company was honest enough and told me about that.

Anyway the machine arrived in the end of October but I started using in the middle of November, the most difficult thing about this machine is to set the right parameters to achieve a satisfactory result. I’ve done IPL on my face (few times), legs (Once), arms (Twice). I’ve done IPL for my mom and sisters. I’ve done a test spot on my sister’s leg and she was hairfree for 6 weeks and the hair recently started to grow so she decided to do her legs (She did that yesterday)

The machine is not as large as the regular machines, It’s good if you have dark hair and light skin (I’m light olive), It’s pretty heavy and you need to fill it with about 10 liter of distilled water in order for the for the cooling head to work. You can shoose between different treatment heads depending on your hair type. I don’t recommend this machine if you have blond hair. I do have lots of very fine hair on my body, which makes the machine less effective on these areas. I’ve definitely seen a reduction, but I’m also satisfied for being hairfree for long periods. The price for the machine is 2800 USD and if you know someone in Chine they can get it for a lower price. The treatment head of the machine is guaranteed for 30000 shots, sometimes it lasts up to 60' or 90 000 shots according to the customer service and a new head costs 400 USD. The treatment head is large and can treat large areas in short time.

here is a pic of the machine http://www.huameikj.com/En_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=105

That's my story Smile sorry for the long post
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I would love to have my own machine at home, so I could just my laser hair removal whenever. But this all still sounds a bit too intense for me.

Were you concerned about proper technique, or is that not a concern at all? I know my technician is licensed to use the machine she uses on me, and I've heard a few horror stories about scarring and the like, which made me think there was some degree of technical experience needed to operate this kind of machinery. Is that not the case? Did it come with thorough instructions, or have your just been trial and erroring by yourself?

Either way, congratulations. I'm sure it will be great being able to just zap whatever and whenever!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
The machine is not dangerous, they offered me a training, but I don’t live in China. Most of the manufacturers have their own parameters for the machines. The lady at the customer service sent me a file with the parameters. I started to test the machine on my legs with a very low energy, and waited to see if there is any bad skin reaction, then I raised the energy more and more. I always do a test spot before using it on my face. I haven’t experienced any problem at all. I found the upperlip to be the most sensitive area, it usually feels like a sunburn an hour later. Right now I’m working with pretty high energy on my face and legs, with no problem at all. The hair is shedding 10-14 days later and everything is great. I also do lots of research online about IPL and parameters (Pulse duration, pulse delay etc.)
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if you need to use an adapter to convert the electricity current for the machine bought from China? 110 vs 220 v.
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Just wondering if you need to use an adapter to convert the electricity current for the machine bought from China? 110 vs 220 v.

Nop, I don’t need to do anything. The machine is already adjusted to the Swedish system. You just put the cable in the wall socket and start to work. You only need to tell them when you order where you live and what you need and they will adjust the machine and send the right cables.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile good to know.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |