Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
OK, who watched the two hour Grey's Anatomy this week?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was totally bored/disappointed/frustrated by it!!! I think this stupid spin-off is the worst idea ever--- it's like the writers of Greys are trying to use the exact same formula and they hope the public will eat it up. If the spin-off does turn into a real show I definitely won't be watching it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, Liz, I totally agree. I HATED what they did on Grey's Thursday night, and not for anything, but I think the new series will tank if it's anything like the pilot. Lots of sexual inuendo, etc., etc - and not that's there's not a lot of that on Grey's, but this was kind of in-your-face blatant - can't put my finger on it, but it turned me off, big time. It wasn't doing a thing for me, and I found myself flipping the channel to the Red Sox game! Laughing

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I dislike spinoffs shows as much as I dislike movie sequels. In both cases, they are never as good as the original are nothing more than a blatant attempt to milk a successful franchise for every last drop of profit. As for the Grey spinoff, I hear other cast members are very resentful and jealous that they were not chosen to star in the new show.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Addison et al googling over that nearly pre-pubescent surfer dude was beyond unbelievable. It was McRidiculous. I look forward to watching it all wash out to sea.
pudoodles
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
can I vote for 'I'm going to kiss you now...with tongue' as being some of the worst lines in tv history???

as I mentioned to pudoodles though, that guy from wings is looking pretty good these days!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Addison et al googling over that nearly pre-pubescent surfer dude was beyond unbelievable. It was McRidiculous. I look forward to watching it all wash out to sea.
pudoodles

McFricken Hilarious, Puds! Laughing

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
can I vote for 'I'm going to kiss you now...with tongue' as being some of the worst lines in tv history???

as I mentioned to pudoodles though, that guy from wings is looking pretty good these days!

McFly..lmao....he did look pretty good!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the Seattle stuff, the LA mess was so far over the top, it was stupid. No hospital is going to let a Doctor without medical privileges do a delivery. I thought they had someone with a medical background on staff to make it realistic??? If not, I'm available Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:

who would sit on the steps and cry about being "baren" like that??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:

I agree--- it was cringe-worthy!!!! And I'm with you, Puds: it was beyond ridiculous when they were all drooling over that 17 year old surfer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really didn't like it either, but I love Tim Daly! All his shows get prematurely cancelled though, I really liked the Nine, but it was cancelled before the story was even over Sad

So will everyone watch it for me anyway, so I can drool over Tim Daly each week? Please...........
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first I heard of a spin-off. Explains now why I had to keep hitting the info button on my remote to make sure I was still watching Grey's. That was the worst episode I've seen since the series started.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I really didn't like it either, but I love Tim Daly! All his shows get prematurely cancelled though, I really liked the Nine, but it was cancelled before the story was even over Sad

So will everyone watch it for me anyway, so I can drool over Tim Daly each week? Please...........

he was quite hot. Mommy liked!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
pudoodles

McFricken Hilarious, Puds! Laughing

Maria Laughing

Laughing Laughing Maria, you're laughing because it is something that YOU would have said - I just beat you to it! Laughing Laughing Laughing puds
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with everyone here. Not only was it boring, but the entire feel behind it was so off from Grey's that it made it awkward to watch for me. The LA stuff was too sexual in a bad humor/cheesy sort of way. In fact, ALL of the humor was bad, i.e. the surfer and hello, elevator scenes with the voice? The whole thing just made me cringe.

By the way lorimcp, I watched the Nine as well and was totally disappointed that they yanked it without giving us the full story. I was dying to know what happened in there!
Caspers Mum

Mon May 07, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I knew about the spin-off, and that the two-hour "special" would likely be as as stupid as it was. Therefore, I watched my other favorite show, Supernatural, from 9-10:00, and caught the last hour of Grey's.

What a ridiculous plot, and I think the show's going to be a stinker for Shonda.

They should've kept Denny Duquette (J.D. Morgan) on the show. Ironically, he was also on Supernatural(John Winchester), and his character was killed off too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
They should've kept Denny Duquette (J.D. Morgan) on the show. Ironically, he was also on Supernatural(John Winchester), and his character was killed off too!

OMG I also watch Supernatural (love that show), and for some reason never picked up on the fact that Denny and John were the same actor.
Caspers Mum

Mon May 07, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yup. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was doing double-time on both shows last year, as Denny Duquette and John Winchester.

You NEED to tune-into the final SN episodes this month, as J.D. Morgan was recently in-town, reprising his role as Papa Winchester. Very Happy

http://www.spoilerfix.com/supernatural.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, right there with you all! How many times did I roll my eyes during those 2 hours? (Too many to count!) Rolling Eyes I did enjoy seeing Sark and Francie though (characters from Alias... big Alias fan here).

I didn't realize there was going to be a spinoff. Does that mean they're canceling the original Grey's?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
OMG, right there with you all! How many times did I roll my eyes during those 2 hours? (Too many to count!) Rolling Eyes I did enjoy seeing Sark and Francie though (characters from Alias... big Alias fan here).

I didn't realize there was going to be a spinoff. Does that mean they're canceling the original Grey's?

I don't think they are canceling the original, just trying to squeeze more money out of it, lol! However, their greed will backfire because I haven't talked to anyone who is that excited about the spin off!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

No, no, they're just trying to make more money by making another show. I think the spinoff is a bad bad idea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
I did enjoy seeing Sark and Francie though (characters from Alias... big Alias fan here).

Me too Amnis! I was SO disappointed when it had to end, even though it was getting weird with the new character additions. Also, I didn't like Sark in his new role. He plays a much better bad guy than some loon fighting over who's the father of that baby. Confused Laughing
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
amnis wrote:
I did enjoy seeing Sark and Francie though (characters from Alias... big Alias fan here).

Me too Amnis! I was SO disappointed when it had to end, even though it was getting weird with the new character additions. Also, I didn't like Sark in his new role. He plays a much better bad guy than some loon fighting over who's the father of that baby. Confused Laughing

Laughing Seriously. That part of the show was insanely stupid. He was a such sexy bad a#s in Alias, no? Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
It's been confirmed. Kate Walsh is getting her own show.

http://tvsweeps.people.com/?cid=redirect-tvsweeps/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
How old do you think Kate Walsh is? I saw her on Ellen's show last week - she is wearing a baby doll dress showing off her long sexy legs. I think she looks pretty good for her age - I am guessing she is in her late 30's?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |