Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Full assault warfare on my nasolabial lines.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shimmie*
5% products discount

Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hoping they won't stand a chance. They are the only issues (apart from slight pigmentation) on my face. I'm 35 and will do whatever it takes.

The reason I think that I can reduce them quickly is that they've appeared quite quickly.

Give us your best recc's guys. Help me in the war against the nasiolabial lines.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Well consider me a soldier in your war. I'm also tackling this. Actually my goal is to end the temporary filler cycle.

Here's my plan of attack

http://skinbio.com/nasolabial.html
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
shimmie* this is just a thought but is it possible that you are dehydrated? This happens to me if I forget to drink my recommended amount of water daily fine lines and creases seems to appear out of nowhere and seem very pronounced.
Hope you win the war!
shimmie*
5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
mishie, water is one of the only things I do right! I have plenty throughout the day.

Reason they've come up quickly is that I've got a new job and I'm smiling alot (partly because I love it and partly to disguise the look of terror at the amount of work I have to do Wink

SandraG, I had a look at this and was bamboozled (sp?) with the skinbiology routines. I'd love to get on the whole program, but not sure whether super cop wil be too strong, have used CPs a few years ago. I understand we need to work the product potencies up gradually.

I have written to Skinbiology but have not heard a response. I also understand that their products might be good for my pigmentation and prevent wrinkles and sagging.

I'd like to get Super COP x2 and lacsal cream as per SB's recommendation. I'd also like to try trireduction w retinol for my face and neck. What's the difference between super COP and Super CP serum? When and how do I use these?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
What's the difference between super COP and Super CP serum? When and how do I use these?

I believe they differ in the amount of cp's in them and in their consistency.

The order of products from the one with the lesser amount to he one with the most cp's is:

Cp serum, super cp serum, super cop, super cop x2.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
You may not want to be as aggressive as I was about it - but I got juvederm (filler) 2 months ago and love it! Those lines are gone, gone, gone! I've been getting tons of comments on how young I look! This is the quickest most successful way I know of!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
How long does the Juvederm filler last? Does it actually make make anything better or does it just "place fill" until it is absorbed?
Thanks.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
It's supposed to last 7 months. This is my first time so I don't know. Yes, it is supposed to stimulate the production of collagen.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
radiesse is the longest lasting filler for that area I have found it can last 9 mod to 2 years depending on the individual.Artecol just recently legal is a permanent filler,its costly but if you can find an experienced injector it may be the way to go.
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
artecol has been approved?! Has anyone tried it or seen the results? Regarding Juvederm and radiesse fillers, anyone look strange, kinda chipmunky after? Does it look natural??
I'm all for doing whatever it takes, but surely don't want to look fake!
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I had artecoll done five years ago and love love the stuff. It does what it says and so far the results are long lasting. It is something that I would definitely do again.

Sherri
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
oh my goodness, i'm so excited! What exactly did you have filled? Do you need more than one visit? What's the down time like? How long did it take before the results were noticeable? Sorry so many ?'s but I haven't talked with anyone who's had it done before!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I had my nasolabial lines filled with juvederm(and 1 acne scar) - I was puffy for a few days (however my husband and kids didn't notice the puffiness - but I did). I was worried for a couple days and by 1 week I LOVED it!!! It took 20 minutes and 1 visit. I would do it again.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I had my nasolobial lines filled as well as some deeper acne scars. There is no down time and only slight yellowish bruising. While the results with artecoll are somewhat immediate it was a few weeks before complete results. It has been at least five years for me so hard to remember exactly how long it took to see complete results. In my opinion it is also fairly inexpensive at 800.00 per syringe and long lasting results as compared to other fillers.

HTH
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
hyguee wrote:
anyone look strange, kinda chipmunky after? Does it look natural??

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"kinda chipmunky" ! That's exactly the look I see on some actresses, and never quite put my finger on what exactly they were looking like!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
In the US artecol has been approved for a couple months, it is only approved for the nasolabial folds,not lips.One side effect however you could end up with a granuloma.However it is a permanent filler,I am tired ofspending 1000 pr year on radiesse and may consider artecol, however since it is permanent you want to make sure you have an experienced injector,I was considering going to TJ there is 1 dr there who only charges 500 and he is very experienced in artecol injections.,in the US there arent many experienced drs. yet. Juvederm in clinical studies only last 9 days longer than restylane.Artecol has been used in Europe for over 10 years, Elizabeth Hurley used to fly to Europe for Artecol injections.There is a risk though, my dr. wont due it because you could get complications years down the road since it is permanent.But then maybe he doesnt want to do it because he wouldnt have return customers for fillers!They have a websitewww.artefill.com. Its called artefill in Europe and artecol in the US
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
It looks natural immeditely after, there is zero swelling so no chipmunky look lol. Here in canada it is approved for lips as well but my derm refuses to use it for that purpose. There have been too many people reporting bumpy and lumpy lips after using artecoll. She uses restylane for lips and artecoll for other areas.

HTH
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
you know I was just reading on the net that people can have problems 10 years down the road with granulomas and they have to be surgically excised, leaving scars on your face.Another consideration is that your face changes as it ages, artecol does not.I think it is better to get a non permanent filler since you can change where you want the filler as your face changes.I geuss I will continue to use radiesse.Actually many people get up to 2 years out of this filler I only get a year because I metabolize fillers very fast.Hylaform and resty only lasts me 30 days so 1 yr for radiesse is a good deal for me!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I have used restylane several times and it worked, albeit a bit lumpy for me. The juvederm is very smooth and binds well. Rather than just plump out, the lines seemed to be gone. I wish I could say it lasts longer than the resty, but I am only into it barely 3 months, so time will tell. I am a slow dissolver, so even the resty lasted about 8-9 months. I will say I bruised more with the juvederm.
That, along with acids and peels, really help the lines disappear.

5% products discount

Wed May 09, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll stick to skincare at this stage, I'd only consider injectable fillers in a few years. Good to see so many good results!

I'll read the Skinbio site again and buy some samples. The rubbing the crease wiht an eyebrow brush sounds painful, but, no pain no gain hey.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
shimmie
Today was my 3rd scrub with the eyebrow brush and lacsal into nasolabial lines.
I will say, it's a bizzare treatment, scrubbing until they are red and sore, but hey...if it works, I'de more them scrub them away... Rolling Eyes
So far, I'm liking it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |