Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Obagi Nu Derm for SENSITIVE/REACTIVE skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blackvera76
5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I know!!!! There are plenty of threads regarding this brand but I haven't really been able to find one that relates to people with sensitive or reactive skins.
I would like to correct fine lines and MILD hyperpigm. around mouth due to old waxing trauma 3 years back. Have been using Retin-A 0.05%,,NOT on cheeks though, and I don't even peel or turn red. I also do Vitalize Peels 2 times a month at derm. but still feel like this isn't really taking me where I want to be. So, if ONLY Obagi-users with sensitve skin, if any, could respond to this I will be thankful. What were/are Your experience/s with Obagi? Did it make your skin worse? Better? Sideffects? If Obagi was too harsh for You, have You found an alternative with similar results?
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
what did you start using this Obagi, for Acne?
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering, did you see Dermatologist?
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Obagi last month. I have sensitive easily reactive skin too. When I started, I used it for the first 3 days because my derm told me to use it twice daily. I should have known better because my skin reacts very easily to new products. After the third day of using it, my face turned extremely red, extremely dry and had red bumps. Some patches were very itchy too! I took a week to heal and during that week my derm told me to stop Obagi. I didn't want to give up on Obagi that quickly and under the guidance of my derm told me to use it every other day or every 2 days. She had perscribed retin-a 0.1% for me but since it seemed that it was too strong, switched to 0.05% BUT...I seem to be growing facial hair and I think it's because of the retin-a. I never had facial hair before using Obagi! I had it maybe when I had my period, but after a week, the facial hair would just fall off and go away. This month, my facial hair just grew longer and did not fall out.

Lesson to learn? Only use Obagi under the supervision of a derm. Some ppl have been using it themselves and have had strong redness, peeling and itching. This is generally not a good side effect but some people can live with this initial 4-6 week of "badies". My derm on the other hand did not want to see this happening and so she told me to go slowly. I will need to go back to her about this facial hair issue.

Secondly, listen to your skin. I knew my severely dry red bumpy face will heal well, that is why I waiting for my face to heal before I continued with Obagi.

The Exfoderm is what makes me red and peely, but since my derm didn't want me to be too red or severely dry, I won't be peeling like how some Obagi users say how they shed their skin. I know it's slowly working because my skin really is lighter, I do have mild hyperpigmentation too, freckles and such and since I just started, I can't say too much about those yet. But the definite side effect for me was Retin-A. My diet hasn't changed at all and I'm not eating any new pills/vitamins so it has to be the Retin-A.

For a bit of background, I'm Asian with very pale skin tone and a pinkish undertone.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I posted my review in this thread

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=689&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=obagi&start=25

My post is on page 2, scroll down to the middle of the page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

5% products discount

Tue May 15, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
mtview,
read your review and I definitely don't have thick and oily skin! I will stick to my Renova 0.02%.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin...and have been using Obagi for just over two weeks. I have experienced quite a bit of redness...but thankfully it's summer and people just think I have been in the sun. I also use it on my neck and decollatge...and that seems to get the reddest. I do have flaking/peeling...but using a washcloth seems to help. I've skipped putting all the products on those areas that seem to be reacting badly, and just cleanse, tone and sunscreen those areas w/Obagi. Then, when it calms down...I use it again, but sparingly...and not using the exfoderm or retin A as often. I know this will slow down the process...but that's OK...because I can't stand the itchiness. My Dr. told me it's OK to use otc hydrocortisone to help w/this. I also have more noticeable facial hair..wierd!...and am going to check this out on my next appointment. I TOTALLY agree w/the post on using Obagi only with medical advice! Everyone's skin is different...and you don't want to make a bad problem worse! Obagi also makes a product called Action...that you can use on the really dry spots. Again, it slows down the process...but it's better than driving yourself crazy or giving up totally. Hope this helps! Very Happy
MamaBurr

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Found this website that breaks down your treatment regimen according to skin type and sensitivity. This site won't let me copy and paste the link but its truebeauty. Or google obagi nuderm regimen for sensitive skin or whatever your skin might be.

I'm about to start and feeling a bit anxious about the ugly phase.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |