Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do the men in your life like your hair long or short?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Or do they care one way or another?

The 3 men in my life (boyfriend and two sons) screamed in unison when I just casually mentioned that I was going to cut my hair. My youngest (7 y.o.) was so against it he said he might not love me any more if I cut my hair. Rolling Eyes Laughing So for my men, they want my hair long.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Long. Most definantely. My dad also always told me that guys like long hair (I'm sure there are exceptions!)
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely prefer long. I shocked him once when I came home with a short bob Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I've been trying to figure out this question for a while now, along with the color of hair preferred by my SO (all natural brown, w/highlights, completely blond, etc.). I've come to the decision that they will never make up their mind, although I've never really had my hair short, like bob style short. My mother, however has stated it loud and clear that she likes my hair long.

So this brings me to some crossroads as I don't know what to do with my hair anymore. After my last haircut of having a complete disaster that I'm now waiting to grow out, I'm taking on the everlasting challenge of finding one I will actually like....any suggestions? lol Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I had short hair when we first met and I have kept long hair ever since. So I guess he must be liking both Bad Grin
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm.. I think my hubby likes my hair short more.. but I've had my hair short for almost my whole life that I'm kind of sick of it.. so now I'm trying to grow it out long.. Rolling Eyes
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely long. But I prefer short. So every trip to the haridresser is an exercise in compromise...
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure the way my hair has been thinning that my husband would be happy with hair period! Laughing My Dad hates long hair on anyone. My son seems to date long haired beauties. So I guess it's an even mix.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely! There are no men in my life, but since getting hair extensions there are many who'd like to be Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
My hair was mid back when I met my DH, now it is just below my bum. He likes my hair better this long or longer... Laughing

I've met a lot of men who LOVE my hair, and I never got any negative comments from men about my hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I have been with Mr loops for 28 years and he has never dared express an opinion on the length of my hair because I agonise over it enough for the both of us. He does mutter things like 'ooh you've had your hair cut, it's nice' only for me to scream that I hate it. Now I am growing it again and he hasn't said a word. I may just ask him tonight which he prefers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Guapaboy likes it long. Though he really liked some bobs I have had in the past he hates it when I have had it cropped, though he didn't mind when it was shaved or like a mochican Laughing

Generally I suspect my long hair has become a sex thing for him though Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
My husband, God bless him, seems to always purposefully like the OPPOSITE of what I like! Rolling Eyes My hair is long -- every other guy I've been with has LOVED my long hair -- and of course my husband goes, "Why don't you try cutting it?" Same thing with the color of my hair. He claims to like blonde hair, while mine is jet-black. Of course, if I showed up with my hair dyed blonde (never happen!) he would want it black again! I know that he enjoys playing devil's advocate, so I'm sure it's just a game with him to rile me up! Laughing

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Mr. Puds says that he "likes it the way I like it". He says that I am most sexy when I think I'm sexy...I can't dispute it: short or long, if YOU love or like your hair then your "vibe" is going to reflect it...and if your partner doesn't tune into it then guaranteed someone else will Wink. Also: Mr. Puds wants to live.
puds Laughing
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Mr. Puds says that he "likes it the way I like it". He says that I am most sexy when I think I'm sexy...I can't dispute it: short or long, if YOU love or like your hair then your "vibe" is going to reflect it...and if your partner doesn't tune into it then guaranteed someone else will Wink. Also: Mr. Puds wants to live.
puds Laughing

I think mr. puds has taken some sort of class in how men ought to behave. over the last couple of weeks I believe you've said he finds women in their 40's sexiest and now he likes you best however you feel best. damn, puds! you got a catch!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
puds Laughing

Mr Puddles is a very smart man! In general, men like long hair (it IS a sex thing with them)! But when they love ya, they end up liking whatever you do as long as you do it with them!!! Laughing And if they don't, time for a new Mr.......
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Long hair, no doubt about it. I love Sandy's long black hair, and yes, it is a sex thing too.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
In my husband's perfect world, I would have the same long curly perm I had in the late eighties....sigh.....

I try to keep it at my shoulders, but then I think it drags my face down a bit at my age, so I always have to have layers.

But I agree - it's a Sex thing....

When I start going for the weekly wash, set, and blowdry when I get into my seventies, then I'll probably have it short! Laughing

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
In my husband's perfect world, I would have the same long curly perm I had in the late eighties....sigh.....

I try to keep it at my shoulders, but then I think it drags my face down a bit at my age, so I always have to have layers.

But I agree - it's a Sex thing....

When I start going for the weekly wash, set, and blowdry when I get into my seventies, then I'll probably have it short! Laughing

Maria

I actually asked ex hubby and got the "real answer" as to why men like this.....sighs can't type it here!! Laughing
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
i always ask my husband this question, he always says both is beautiful! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
My bf likes short hair but I have hair down to my lower back. I won't cut my hair short for anyone, (ever!) after shaving my head when I was a teenager. When I was really young I had a bf break up with me because I cut my hair (classy!). This was before the head shaving incident.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Fun thread! Hubby likes my hair long, as do I. He loves to run his fingers through it and nuzzle it. Rowrrr...Drool

I also like it long because it's more versatile in terms of styling.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
My boyfriend loved when I had long hair but when I cut it he got excited because he likes my neckline and claims it brought out my face more. I still miss my long hair and am growing it out...I can always put my hair up on occasion Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
My boyfriend likes longer hair, and unfortunately for him, mine has never been longer than an inch or so past my shoulders. And now it's about an inch above my shoulders. I would LOVE longer hair, but when I do grow it a bit longer, I get bored and want to chop it off! And of course, when it's shorter, then I want it longer again! And don't get me started on the colours ... when it's brown, I want it red, when it's red, I want it brown, etc., etc. Smile
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Long, which is a struggle b/c wet, my hair is down to my bra strap, dry it's shoulder length!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |