Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Smashbox First Impressions....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote

This is kind of a review...I just got my 7 piece Smashbox kit from QVC and used it for the first time so I thought I would post my initial thoughts then revew them again after I've used them for a while.

First I have to start by saying....I'm in LOVE with the smell of the body lights glowing lotion its AWESOME!!! I'm not a big body product gal and I hate body bronzers but I put on a short sleeved shirt this am and my arms are super pale so I put some of this stuff on.....it is great. Color is natural w/o being too glittery and the smell is out of the is world. K...on the rest of the kit...

Lip pallet...nice but the colors are very sheer...I was expecting more lip creams or lip sticks these are more like glosses. Love the colors but the couple I've tried are really pink on...not a big fan of pink bc my lips are already pigmented so they tend to get really pink. There are 18 colors total and I love that I can fill the kit when I use one up. (Lip brush is typical...nice...wish it was synthetic)

Lip liner in Palm Beach...love this color! Its a mocha/red color and its sheer...lasts for ever. Even after I ate last night. The instructions say to use this all over then do one of the glosses. Looks nice when I did this....

Soft Focus in aglow...nice finish not to over the top shiny but I never really notice a difference with these. Does give an airbrushed look though...very glowy. It has a tan/peach/pink and white section that you swirl together to apply as a highlighter.

Jet Set in Black....does not stay on the inner rim but it is an overall FANTASTIC liner. Goes on really smooth and lasts like nothing I've ever scene. Tried it on my had and could not rub it off no matter how hard I tried. Little afraid to wash it off tonight. (Bent liner brush is nice too...makes application really easy)

Photo Finish with DERMAXYL...I might add that this alone is ($42 and I paid $55 for the whole kit...great deal) anyway...this is the product I was really wanting to try. A little goes a long way and I'm a little afraid that it will make me greasy bc it feels so smooth on. It made my makeup application SOOOOO awesome...I'll report more once I've used it for a while. Too early to tell.

Over all I'm super happy with the kit....I totally recommend it! Its called "Fact or Fiction" and it is still avail on QVC.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
wow, that is a super good deal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Olivia,
I got the lip palette last year and really like it. The eyeliner I have in the palette too and it is great. I have the photofinish but I have to say I have used it only a couple of times as I am not a primer fan but when I have used it it feels ok. How do you use the primer? Do you feel like primers are too much on the skin? Its spreads on like silk but then I keep thinking I have layered silicone on my face! Can it breathe!

Thanks for the recommendation on the body lotion although I just bought loads of Alquimia stuff to try.

I also like the browtech from smashbox. Its my staple eyebrow thing now and no plans to change. Like Benefit it is a pickand mix with this brand.

Your price for the kit by the way was very good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
wow, that is a super good deal!

ulta also have a good deal about smashbox before mom day. you can go their website to have a look.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the primer every day (I find it helps the LM MMU really last and cover) and I have been enjoying the coverage and oil control. I'm not a big fan of feeling like I'm wearing a mask and I think in the summer months this may feel that way.

I do like the lip pallet but I think they are more gloss than I had hoped but still enjoy the colors. I like them on bare lips instead of layered over the liner like they suggest.

I'm really loving the Soft Lights and lotion more than anything else. The liner is nice too but I have 100 black liners...really wanted this to tightline my inner rims. Overall I'm very pleased with the kit.

I got an Ulta GC for my bday so I will check out their deals on smashbox. The kit came with a sample of their new foundation so I may buy that.
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
oh, its beautiful.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |