Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
jiaoli cream for hyperpigmatation, anyone heard of it????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading about this miraculous fading cream on skincarerx.com forum board??? anyone else know anything about it?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
When I do a search on sun spot remedy the jiaoli cream came up. I did the search on Chinese website and got more info. In a fourm discussion, it said, the night cream (yellow) has mercury in it. My interest stopped right there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Please be very very cautious about this cream. There have been many cases of serious mercury poisoning caused by lightening creams from China, Mexico, India, and many other countries without adequate guarantees of product safety. Jiaoli users have claimed that their melasma has been completely cured after only a couple of weeks of use--there is nothing other than mercury that is able to cause such dramatic results. Unfortunately mercury is also extremely toxic, so much so that even family members of users have tested positive for mercury exposure. Some of these creams have been tested and contain more than 10,000 times the legal limit for mercury in the US. I personally would not take the chance of using such a cream. It is playing Russian roulette with your health.
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
WOW, THANK YOU!!!! that's a pass for me....
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
please advise what brand of creams help in hyperpigmentation circumstances (i.e. around mouth area and on chin).

Thank you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this because I saw a mention of Jiaoli Cream on another thread.

I just read this entire thread (11 pages) from another forum...very interesting.

http://skincarerx.com/phorum/read.php?3,19711,page=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow--what an amazing thread. So sad that people feel so badly about their appearance that they are willing to risk their health by using creams loaded with mercury--not to mention risking the health of family members who can be contaminated by mercury second-hand. It reminded me of a poll that had been done several years ago of high level athletes, asking them if there was a drug you could take that would greatly improve their athletic ability in the short term but would cause them to die within a few years, would they take it? Amazingly, a significant number said yes.

How different a group there than the folks here at EDS, many of whom are very concerned about the health effects of ingredients in their skincare, even ingredients which current regulations consider safe. Somehow I can't see too many folks here recommending mercury creams!
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
how come so many of these women are using it without a problem? i checked the site out and there are tons of them using it i havent seen a negative post about it on there so far

i thought mercury was something deadly straight off the bat once it was put on the skin
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
londongirl wrote:
how come so many of these women are using it without a problem? i checked the site out and there are tons of them using it i havent seen a negative post about it on there so far

i thought mercury was something deadly straight off the bat once it was put on the skin

I noticed on the other forum that a lot of them used only the white cream, and the yellow cream is supposedly the one with the mercury. But who knows...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mercury poisoning won't cause death unless the dose is high. It will cause neurological problems, such as memory loss, confusion, and tremor. In pregnant women, brain damage to the fetus can occur even at very low levels. In children with developing brains, brain damage can also occur at low levels. (And, in some cases involving people who'd used mercury containing cosmetic creams, family members showed positive for mercury exposure.)

So, exposure to mercury is unlikely to kill anyone straight off, but will cause serious brain and nerve damage. Me? I'd take hyperpigmentation myself...
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
ok thanks for the explanation ladies
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Weird, I am a native Chinese but I have never heard of it
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely pass on that. I would stick to the lemon juice instead. Laughing
dargonstone

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Jiaoli for about 3 years now and this is the first time I ever heard of Jiaoli containing mercury. Can anybody please tell me where you get the information from? Other than that, my face is as beautiful as ever pigmentation is gone and all the sun spots.
thanks to JIAOLI IT'S TRUELY A MIRACLE.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Here's one example:
http://www.customs.gov.hk/eng/new_release_20090115_cosmetic_creams_e.html

The Hong Kong goverrment seized batches of Jiaoli cream and found it contained up to 10,000 times the allowable amount of mercury. Seriously, folks, it's toxic. If you don't mind destroying your own health, consider that users' family members have been found to have elevated levels of mercury, too.

I wish there was a miracle treatment for melasma, because I know how hard it is to live with it. But mercury poisoning is not the answer. From what I can see, hydroquinone and retin A is a reasonable strategy without the serious poisoning risks of mercury-based products.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |