Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Cream for carpal tunnel in wrist?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lonestar
5% products discount

Thu May 10, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi..can anyone suggest something for annoying pain in my wrist...I have carpal tunnel and have used things like A535 etc..but those are temporary and I also wear a wrist support but was hoping some EO's or some other cream/lotion would work better...any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would go to your doctor and ask to see a physiotherapist. This what the doc said to me. Sit at a table, resting the afflicted forearm. Bend your hand UP and BACK to stretch wrist and forearm muscles. Than bend it the opposite direction. Hold the stretches for about 10-15 seconds. Do this daily for 5-7 reps. After several days your wrist will be good as new.

At night time wear a wrist strap. That helps too.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Carpal tunnel is often related to a B6 deficiency. Taking a multi-B vitamin often helps. It usually takes a month or longer to see results.

You can also check Dr. Norm Shealy's Optimal Recommendations for a variety of problems at:
http://normshealy.com/newsletter/optimalRecommendations.asp

Here's what he says about:

Quote:
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME

At least half the patients who have been told they have this do not. An accurate diagnosis is possible only with a sensory nerve conduction study. Smokers have CTS at least twice as often as non-smokers. At least 80% of the time, in non-smokers, the following is curative:

Massage the wrist twice daily with a mixture of equal parts of emu and castor oil. Do passive extension of the hand for 5 minutes.

Take:

1000 mg B6 for one month, 500 mg for one month and 100 mg thereafter. DO NOT continue the larger dosages beyond that second month!

Use magnesium lotion on the skin, anywhere, two teaspoons twice daily

If not excellent in two months consider adding stimulation an hour a day with the SheLI TENS ™, one electrode front of mid-forearm and the other in the palm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Quote:
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME

Take:

1000 mg B6 for one month, 500 mg for one month and 100 mg thereafter. DO NOT continue the larger dosages beyond that second month!

I thought I had carpal tunnel syndrome, but it turned out to be thoracic outlet syndrome. But they are sort of similar in that they produce numbness, tingling, pain in the wrist. This is what helped me heal and be able to continue to work. If I do not do these three things in conjunction, my wrists start hurting bad again.

1) Vitamin B6 250 mg daily (My Naturopath said this dose was fine to take every day).

2) Massage therapy once every 4 weeks.

3) Lat pulldowns at the gym, and upper back weights (like the ones you sit and pull). And the rowing machine. You have to strengthen your shoulders and upper back so they take the brunt of the work and give your wrists a rest.

Also, wearing a resting splint every night REALLY helps.

The lotion/cream called BioFreeze feels really nice too for temporary relief.

5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all your advice! I will defintately start with the vitamin and will wear the wrist splint more at night..I usually wear once or twice a week...thanks again ladies!! Very Happy
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
lonestar I had carpel tunnel when I was pregnant with my first. It first began when I started retaining water and there was pressure on the nerve.
I am not familiar with taking the vitamin supplement but certainly wear your splint and watch your salt intake.
As soon as I delivered it disappeared!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi lonestar - I learned that I had carpal tunnel syndrome following nerve conduction tests (associated with my back surgery)..I sleep with braces and do flexing exercises...I also use Celadrin topical cream. I also use a home ultrasound machine. I'm on a bucketful of drugs for my back so I probably wouldn't suffer much if I did nothing.
pudoodles
EDITED: I just re-read this and nearly killed myself laughing! What a useless post!!! Sorry Lonestar, what I meant to suggest is that you maybe ask your doc/physiotherapist/homeopath/other about Celadrin cream as an addition to whatever care regime you are undertaking. Hope you feel better soon!
puds
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lonestar,

I found that taking Glucosamine helped with my wrist pain. My wrist suffered from "repetitive stress" problem relative to being on a computer most of the time. The Glucosamine, while taking a while to be effective, helped to keep the number of days I had to wear a brace/wrist support to a minimum.

And ... I still spend just as much time in any given day on the computer, but the wrist problems have all but disappeared. Very Happy

Now that I have arthritis in a few joints, it helps with that as well. Smile

HTH

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
One of those light stimulation devices may help with the pain, still have to treat the underlying issue, but this may help in the meantime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I work for a neurologist and there're many patients that came in with Carpal Tunnel. Usually the doctor just prescribed a medication called Hydrodiurel and to wear a wrist splint. The symptoms usually improve within 6weeks. If not, a nerve conduction (EMG) is carried out and they may require a surgery. Smile
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have had huge success from wearing a wrist splint nightly while sleeping; changing my pillow to one that aligns my spine properly; and taking HA (Hyaluronic Acid) supplements in large doses. I did this steadily for 6+ months. It's now going on 6 months that I've stopped wearing the splint and taking the HA supp's and I haven't experienced ANY wrist pain or discomfort at all - I am very pleased!

Had the splint etc., not worked out so well I was all set to try acupuncture as I have heard that this can alleviate a lot of CT symptoms.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |