Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Acne please share info on - exposed, proactive & acnexus
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
p1nky26

Fri May 11, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I am throwing a lot of money over the internet trying to buy something that works. Confused I only have very mild acne, but it really ruins my complexion & I really want clear skin... I have used proactive, now this actually worked very well but after a few months began to lose its touch & dry the skin, plus it runs out too quickly for me.

I thought maybe my skin was becoming immune to proactive so I switched to 'eXposed' and spent around $70/ £35 on this stuff... I was really hoping for the best after reading endless amazing reviews.
After around 4 days of careful easy going usage, altho my skin felt as if the large spots were definatley at bay, i was covered in tiny tiny skin coloured bumps. Crying or Very sad I can maybe call them tiny pimples, not so much whiteheads, but raised tiny bumpy spot type things, all over my cheeks and forehead which i have never had before! it just made me skin look so unsmoothe feel like sandpaper, Sad plus it dried my skin quite a lot at first - i used plenty of moisturiser but it just didn't help. The texture and appearance of my skin was not good at all, however having said that from a distance it still looked more even and quite clear. Did anyone else get this reaction to exposed? What could it be?!

SO i have reverted to my usual neutrogena & saint ives face scrub, trying to get rid of these bumps - it seems to be working slowly but surely. However, altho I will get rid of the small bumps, but I think I will be hit with more of the big fat spots that eXposed may have actually helped keep at bay... I am a little wary of using eXposed again, even only a little e.g once evry few days, because these bumps are aweful and I don;t want them to come back!

Anyhow, so at the moment I am looking for something new and preferabley not so expensive and that is where Acnexus comes in. Its some all natural face wash/scrub/moisturiser in one and quite cheap... I have heard some great reviews but there is worry that some/all of these are fake... so I am very eager to know if anyone here has used Acnexus and what they have to say about it.... and also Exposed, I really want to know if I am doing something wrong there!?

Thanks!!!!! Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
hey pinky,
out of the three acne treatments there, i have only used exposed (did u buy it fromwww.exposedskincare.com ?)....but i couldnt see any great results from using it. altho it seemed like my skin was getting worse: large cystic acnes on my t-zone. so i stopped their serums and toner and their cloth, and just used their cleanser. and doing that, my skin calmed down a bit...but still didnt clear my skin.
i have returned the set as they have a one year gaurentee, so am waiting for the refund.
based on their ingredients it seemed like it was a winner! but its not as mainstream as proactive, which i have heard that proactive only works on certain people and if u stop using it, ur acne will come back, so that put me off a bit.

since discovering this forum, my skin altho is still bad, its not as bad as before. i still get sore acnes espec around my cycle and have many scars. but i just dont trust in the acne treatment kits anymore..they seem to be a rip off Mad

if u do do a search and read at past threads then there are quite a few tips and products that u can try, and buying from EDS is great- great price, great service, freebies, samples...
(and out of the 4 times iv bought from here, it was only this 4th time that iv been hit with a custom charge)

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I myself have suffered with acne for many years now. The real cause is generally some internal inbalance, but the reason you are getting acne is due to the fact you have some hyper activity of your sebacious glands.

I did a ton of internal stuff and it did improve my skin, but it did not totally clear up. I have also used a TON of products, some expensive, some not.

The two products that I REPEATEDLY go back to are the ISClinical Proheal serum and Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. When you first start using the Proheal you will have some outbreaks, but it will clear you skin up better than anything else out there - I CAN VOUCH FOR THIS!! I use the peel twice a week.

Now you may think my advice is crazy when you notice that the Proheal serum is expensive, BUT you use less than 8 drops once a day, thus the bottle lasts 4-5 months, and you eventually have clear skin.

I have stopped using this product when my skin had been totally clear. In a months time on different products my skin totally broke out again. I stupidly did this at least 3-4 times so far. Now I have been using the Prheal for two months, my skin is perfect with not one single pimple!!!

At night I just spray some toner on my face and spot treat my pimples with Proheal. Use the Proheal in the day time and it will also make your skin less oily.

Ihope this gives you one persons opinion.

Feliz
ElanMJ
5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Boy do I have a ton of advice for you about acne. I suffered for over 10 years from horrible cystic scarring acne and went from dr. to dr. who prescribed tonnes of antibiotics and accutane to no avail...then I found the internet and started doing research and I have found the closest thing to a cure (for me at least) and would love to help others discover how to avoid years of self esteem issues because of acne.

1.) Proactive - best non-prescription topical out there. It really kept my acne under control. This is what I used before I discovered my acne was completely hormonal. Although it didn't stop breakouts completely, it made my skin so much nicer and I felt much more comfortable with my appearance. Yes I recommend to give it a try, give it two months before you decide it doesn't work. (apparently acne free is very similar and works just as well for a fraction of the costwww.acnefree.com. But I have never tried it so I won't recommend it)

2.) Hormones - if your are a woman 20 or over I would highly recommend going to your dr. and having your androgen levels checked. Once I did this, I discovered that this was the actual CAUSE of my acne. Androgens are "female testosterone" we all have it and if it gets out of whack, you can get acne and those pesky little black chin and upperlip hairs. There are now birthcontrol pills on the market specially formulated to prevent the androgens from binding to the receptor cells, effectively lowering the levels. Once I started taking Diane 35 (dianette, I thing Yaz or Yasmin are some other ones)I stopped getting cystic acne. It works if this is your problem.

3.) The lifesaver for me....helps my scars and stopped ALL my breakouts within 6 weeks, topicap retinA at .1%. Again you have to see your Dr. Your skin gets dry and flakey for a couple of weeks, but stick with it and you will have as near as perfect skin as you can possible imagine. I also combine my retinA therapy with Obagi products to help smooth out scars and fade the red spots that acne can leave, my skin hasn't looked this good in over ten years.

Try some of these things and let me know I am curious to know your results.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance. If I don't know anything else, I DO know my acne.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
p1nky26 wrote:
Hi! I am throwing a lot of money over the internet trying to buy something that works. Confused I only have very mild acne, but it really ruins my complexion & I really want clear skin... I have used proactive, now this actually worked very well but after a few months began to lose its touch & dry the skin, plus it runs out too quickly for me.

I thought maybe my skin was becoming immune to proactive so I switched to 'eXposed' and spent around $70/ £35 on this stuff... I was really hoping for the best after reading endless amazing reviews.
After around 4 days of careful easy going usage, altho my skin felt as if the large spots were definatley at bay, i was covered in tiny tiny skin coloured bumps. Crying or Very sad I can maybe call them tiny pimples, not so much whiteheads, but raised tiny bumpy spot type things, all over my cheeks and forehead which i have never had before! it just made me skin look so unsmoothe feel like sandpaper, Sad plus it dried my skin quite a lot at first - i used plenty of moisturiser but it just didn't help. The texture and appearance of my skin was not good at all, however having said that from a distance it still looked more even and quite clear. Did anyone else get this reaction to exposed? What could it be?!

SO i have reverted to my usual neutrogena & saint ives face scrub, trying to get rid of these bumps - it seems to be working slowly but surely. However, altho I will get rid of the small bumps, but I think I will be hit with more of the big fat spots that eXposed may have actually helped keep at bay... I am a little wary of using eXposed again, even only a little e.g once evry few days, because these bumps are aweful and I don;t want them to come back!

Anyhow, so at the moment I am looking for something new and preferabley not so expensive and that is where Acnexus comes in. Its some all natural face wash/scrub/moisturiser in one and quite cheap... I have heard some great reviews but there is worry that some/all of these are fake... so I am very eager to know if anyone here has used Acnexus and what they have to say about it.... and also Exposed, I really want to know if I am doing something wrong there!?

Thanks!!!!! Very Happy
Plnky, only two things work to totally eradicate your breakouts. A well formulated BHA (beta hydroxy acid) such as Paula's Choice AND over that PC blemish fighting solution (thin layer). Thats it. Thats it for clear skin. And you can purchase it overseas. Top right hand corner for Europe.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
hmm im using paulas choice bha and i cant really see a great deal of improvement, i still get breakouts , my pores look the same size, my skin texture hasnt improved...altho the blackheads on my nose seem to be easier to extract. so i suggest u get a sample before buying the full bottle and the delivery cost is quite high (if u live in the UK its about £9, i think)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Yeahyeah, do you use the blemish fighting solution over the BHA? If you're not, thats why you're not seeing results. It won't happen overnight, use the system at least 2-6 weeks.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I didn't see great results with Paula's Choice either, and my whole routine was PC.

But that said...I do agree with a chemical exfoliant. Ditch that St. Ives!!! A good BHA will do wonders! I use I Feel Pretty (www.ifeelprettyproducts.com). If you've never used BHA, start out with a low % and start out slow. Make sure you wait 20-30 minutes for exfoliation to take place (at least with the IFP BHA).

One thing is for sure...you don't needs to spend loads of money on one system to clear up acne. You can find cost efficient products that will keep those bumps at bay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Yeahyeah, do you use the blemish fighting solution over the BHA? If you're not, thats why you're not seeing results. It won't happen overnight, use the system at least 2-6 weeks.

i cant get the blemish fighting solution due to some kinda regulations. UK is a funny place!
im actually 2 wks into the BHA...but im most likely to finish the bottle, then not repurchase.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |