Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Question about Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, Moosette here again looking for another product for my nasty sensitive skin Bad Grin . I was reading all the reviews on the dr hauschka rose day cream and before I order it I was concerned about the fragrance it has in it. Would this be good for my sensitive skin, fragrance usually breaks me out in itchy bumps and I don't want to waste more money on a product that will sit in my bathroom cabinet with all the other not so good for my skin stuff! Hoping some input from sensitive skin users of this product would help me decide. Thanks!!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello Moosette,

I'm here to help because I have the most sensitive skin on the planet (meaning if I can use a product - than anyone can.)

As a user of Rose Day Cream the fragrance will not bother your sensitive skin as it is 100%natural and organic. The fragrance isn't strong at all. It's a very light rose scent and the cream is so delicious for sensitive skin.

As you probably know you can ask for a sample from EDS or you can purchase a sample size from:www.saffronrouge.com.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am      Reply with quote
the fragrance isn't fragrance that's added, it's just naturally occuring from the ingredients. so the rose smell is the smell of real roses, not the super sweet tea rose scent that we normally associate w. roses.

hth
lamicuz.
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:24 am      Reply with quote
hey leeleedeedee and lamicuz

Can somelike me who is oily and highly sensitive use it or will it be too greasy. Sad
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello indianT,

Rose Day Cream is okay for sensitive skin as my skin is extremely sensitive and it's beautiful on my skin.

As for oily skin, it depends on where you are oily. If it's only the T-zone area of your face then I wouldn't put it there as it may be a little to0 rich. However, if you are drier on the cheek area or around the eyes then it could be perfect on that area. I believe Rose Day Cream could be a little too rich on oily skin. Remember, though, that Dr. Hauschka has two other really great daytime moisturizers that are just as beautiful and organically made. The lightest moisturizer and I believe the best one for oily skin is "Moisturizing Day Cream." The other one which is a little richer but not as rich as the Rose Day Cream is the "Quince Day Cream." I've used this one on really humid days and it's a great moisturizer that smells divine.

If you can't get samples from EDS than you can puchase trial size products from:www.saffronrouge.com. They're not expensive and they sell trial sizees of most of Dr. Hauschka's products.
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
For oily skin, Dr H has Normalizing Day Oil which is really awesome!!

Amy
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
the normalizing day oil is great...i've been using just a bit of it under my moisturizer and it's been doing a good job of keeping my humid weather greasies under control.

for a moisturizer i prefer the quince cream over the moisturizing cream...the quince cream leaves a bit more of a matte finish while the moisturizing cream (although more lotion than cream consistency) leaves more shine.

lamicuz lalala leeleedeedee Laughing

hth
lamicuz.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, just reread my post...i prefer the quince cream rather than the moisturizing cream. not one over the other!

lamicuz.
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
does any of this help for blemished skin
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank-you so much ladies!! Leeleedeedee, you made my mind up, I've placed an order for this!! Very Happy I've decided to just go for it because its not that expensive and it if works for me it would surely be an awesome discovery, and if it doesn't I'm sure my little sister would love to have another product I can't use Embarassed ! She just loves coming down here (shes from Vancouver) and I give her tons of stuff that I would probably end up throwing in the garbage. I don't think she has had to buy any cosmetics or skin care products for a long time, and she can use almost anything on her skin, lucky little brat!! Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Moosette, you must let me know how you like the Rose Day Cream. Sure hope you do. I think I would feel a little guilty recommending a product that someone ended up not liking. Rose Day Cream is very rich. A little goes a long way. I find it best to just let it sink into my skin for a couple of seconds before spreading it around my face. Like, letting it warm up a little. Kind of like "La Mer" but you don't have to warm it up in your hands. Because it's so rich it may seem to sit on your skin but if you give it a couple of seconds it'll just sink right in. Does that confuse you? I just want you to get the best mileage out of the Rose Day Cream before you give it away!! Yes, it's so hard to see someone who can put anything on their face with no problem. I've been fighting sensitive skin all of my life. I have a little cosmetics graveyard in my bathroom because soooooo many things irritate my skin. Anyways, let me know how it works for you.

indianT, I don't know if the normalizing oil works on blemishes because I don't use that product. I don't have oily skin. However, in case you're interested, when I do break out from skin irritation I use pure Sesame Seed oil and they go away. I'm another one who loves essential oils because they've done many great things for my face and Sesame Seed oil is great for oily, dry, or sensitive skin. It's a wonderful oil and has been used in Ayurveda skin care and massage.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |