Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brown spots? Need all the help I can get!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I have a few "brown spots" that I am tired of just covering up with concealer.
What cream or mask actually work to lighten these fast (not laser surgery please)? Cool
I bought something about a year ago but the results were next to nothing and it was supposed to take like 30 days to see results. Shock

Do whitening creams dry the face ou terribly? My skin is already dry so that would be bad. Sad

So what really works ladies? Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a few things to lighten the sunspots on my cheeks. None of them worked. I even tried a serum with kojic acid. It did nothing. Then I tried the TCA cross last Monday. This morning one of the spots that I treated peeled off revealing clear skin underneath. This was really encouraging. I sure hope the rest of them will peel and reveal clear skin under them, too. If not, I'll do it again in a few weeks. Very Happy
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
What is TCA???

Very Happy
Pips
orionomega
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
TCA has helped me with 2 brown spots on my forehead. It took 2 peels (2 peels over 2 months) and now you can barely barely see them if you knew where to look. I'm trying it on the age marks on the back of one hand now but the progress seems slower.

Now I have to remember to ALWAYS wear sunscreen.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
you can try some whitening products, some people in the reviews forum recommend decleor whitening is good and suitable for dry skin.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi has some products w/ hydroqunoine that are very helpful. Also, there are some very effective super-strength peels that a dermatologist can perform on you. I deal with the same issue. Lots of luck to you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I know TCA is an acid, but what is TCA Cross?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I tried a few things to lighten the sunspots on my cheeks. None of them worked. I even tried a serum with kojic acid. It did nothing. Then I tried the TCA cross last Monday. This morning one of the spots that I treated peeled off revealing clear skin underneath. This was really encouraging. I sure hope the rest of them will peel and reveal clear skin under them, too. If not, I'll do it again in a few weeks. Very Happy

wow, that's good, BkkGirl. well done!

I think there's a thread here somewhere that describes this proccess. I'll do a search and bump it up, lafemme.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
The TCA Peel sounds really good. I have as a few brown spots on my cheeks and some right under my eyes. Will I be able to use it near my eyes? Also, can someone explain to me how to use it?

bkkgirl,

Where did you get your TCA Peel from?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pippi_Plum - FYI, I saw a sister-in-law last weekend who'd been using Obagi for the past 3 years or so with some success. She's in her mid 40s and has sunspot issues on her face, chest and hands. But she's now quit the program because her skin became very dry and frail and she has more broken caps than before. She said her aesthetician told her this may happen when the Obagi regimen is followed for too long.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi Pippi_Plum - FYI, I saw a sister-in-law last weekend who'd been using Obagi for the past 3 years or so with some success. She's in her mid 40s and has sunspot issues on her face, chest and hands. But she's now quit the program because her skin became very dry and frail and she has more broken caps than before. She said her aesthetician told her this may happen when the Obagi regimen is followed for too long.

This is exactly what happened to one of my sis-i-law. She told me after few years using Obagi her skin became sensitive and lots of broken caps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:

TCA Cross is a method.. Instead of applying the TCA ACID on your entire face, you only apply it on your spots..

Cherisse, I'm glad it's working for you! Smile
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to use it on my spots on my cheeks also, but I can't see how I would when they really aren't spots, its more light mottled pigmentation, not just brown spots that I can treat individually. Does that sound right? I have done tca cross on some ice pick marks but thats about it. What percentage would you try on the hyperpigmentation issues. I forgot what percentage they gave me for tca cross for pick marks.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
The TCA Peel sounds really good. I have as a few brown spots on my cheeks and some right under my eyes. Will I be able to use it near my eyes? Also, can someone explain to me how to use it?

bkkgirl,

Where did you get your TCA Peel from?

As in my PM to you, too, but in case others want to know, I got mine from Makeupartistschoice.com. They got a great page going explaining how to do this. Very easy. I used a q-tip to apply spot by spot, and yeah, I did use it under my right eye, but I was super careful. I was really nervous about this, and took me a day before I got brave enough to open the box. Be sure to prepare the neutralizing solution (just tepid water and baking soda) in case the stinging sensation is unbearable. I got the 15% TCA sample.

Lisey got hers from platinumskincare.com, and the strength is 16%. She had a great success story to tell, too. She inspired me. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
lefemme wrote:

TCA Cross is a method.. Instead of applying the TCA ACID on your entire face, you only apply it on your spots..

Cherisse, I'm glad it's working for you! Smile

You inspired me! Very Happy I was so nervous about this and didn't think I could do it until I talked to you and you made it seem easy and simple. Thank you!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I would like to use it on my spots on my cheeks also, but I can't see how I would when they really aren't spots, its more light mottled pigmentation, not just brown spots that I can treat individually. Does that sound right? I have done tca cross on some ice pick marks but thats about it. What percentage would you try on the hyperpigmentation issues. I forgot what percentage they gave me for tca cross for pick marks.

I used 15% and Lisey used 16%. I guess it depends on how sensitive you are. If you are fairly sensitive you may want to go with 12.5%. MUAC has several diff %.
teacher115

Tue May 15, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
obagi clear works but you have to use it day and night and use sunblock
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think Dior's whitening essence is helpful. You can get a prompt effect through it. And some other whitening serum combined with whitening night cream, such as valmont is also quite helpful. Revive cream can dramatically improve your skin texture, too. Smile
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
question regarding broken caps from obagi? Is it the hydroquin(sp?) that causes the broken caps? what ingredient can cause this to happen? I use cosmelan cream 2 for my brown spots and it works wonderfully(did the cosmelan 1 mask first about a year ago) however, i'm worried i'm going to get broken caps if i use it to long? anyone know if cosmelan usuage can attribute to broken caps?
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
So far, I haven't found anything to help diminish my few age spots. Bkkgirl, I have used MUAC 55% Lactic acid, and saw no effect. I have not tried TCA. I'm wondering if maybe I quit too soon, expecting to see results after one attempt. How often do you use TCA? I might give that one a try. Thank you.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
So far, I haven't found anything to help diminish my few age spots. Bkkgirl, I have used MUAC 55% Lactic acid, and saw no effect. I have not tried TCA. I'm wondering if maybe I quit too soon, expecting to see results after one attempt. How often do you use TCA? I might give that one a try. Thank you.

Hi Cedar,

Lisey was the one who told me about TCA to get rid of her brown spots. She bought the 16% from platinumskincare (I got a coupon code from them via email that I posted on another thread after I already ordered mine from MUAC) and she got rid of hers in one use.

I bought mine 15% from MUAC. When I emailed them about it, they told me to use the 55% lactic acid plus their lightening product. But I already tried a few of the lightening products, and they didn't work for me. So against their recommendation, I went ahead and got a sample size of the 15% TCA. I have done it only once, and I didn't get the frosting effect that Lisey was telling me about, which I also read about. However, now that it's about 9 days after, most had peeled off. Some revealed clear skin under, while the darker spots diminished by 50%. I will do it again, and be a little more aggressive next time. I was scared at first. I had the neutralizing solution ready in case anything went bad. LOL I only used a q-tip and tried to stay well within the spots.

Let me know if you need more clarification. I know I was really intimidated by this, so I can understand if you might feel a bit uneasy, too.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Bkkgirl, your reply helped me 100%. Thank you so much. I will order the sample of 15% TCA from MUAC.

Thanks so much.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
Bkkgirl, your reply helped me 100%. Thank you so much. I will order the sample of 15% TCA from MUAC.

Thanks so much.

You're welcome! Very Happy Let me know if you need anything else.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
To those of you that use Lactic acid, does it help with hyperpigmentation? I hear it is gentle compared to TCA.

I did just buy the TCA 20% but now I am nervous! I never even heard of this until yesterday!LOL I am such a hick! Bad Grin

Pips
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got this from platinumskincare.com:

Quote:
Which peel is right for me?*

30% peel

Normal skin/sensitive skin*, previous glycolic
usage without any irritation. (2.1pH)

40% peel

Normal skin/acne/aging, used 30% glycolic
peels previously SEVERAL TIMES! (2.1pH)

50% peel

Normal/acne/aging skin , used 40% glycolic
peels previously SEVERAL TIMES! (2.1pH)

60% peel

Normal/aging skin , used 50% glycolic peels previously SEVERAL TIMES! (2.1pH)

70% peel

For Body usage and professional applications. (pH 0.6) *Can be adjusted to a lower percentage!

Salicylic

Oily, acne prone skin. Clogged pores.

Bi-Phasic

Heavily clogged pores. Acne prone skin. In search of a deeper peel.

TCA combo

Hyperpigmentation, sun damage and pre-cancerous lesions, acne, fine lines, lip creases, freckling ... ...

What are your goals?

Realistic Goals Of Chemical Peels:

1. Chemical peels can correct actinic (sun) damage.

2. They can reduce mild scarring.

3. You can experience a reduction or eradication of your wrinkles.

4. Improvement of dark skin discoloration is possible.

5. Chemical peels can remove excessive / stubborn blackheads.

6. The peel may temporarily reduce excessive skin oils.

Unrealistic Goals Of Chemical Peels:

1. It cannot remove or reduce the appearance of blood vessels on the skin.

2. It is impossible to truly change pore diameter. However, by removing blackheads, the pores may actually appear less pronounced after treatment.

3. This is not a procedure to get rid of keloidal types of scars.

4. Chemical peels are not a facelift.

*It is important to understand that a single treatment, be it laser, microdermabrasion or a chemical peel, is not enough to keep skin clear and younger looking. As any reputable skin care expert will tell you, a daily program is the key to consistent, clearer, younger looking skin.

What is your skin type?

Skin Types (Based on Fitzpatrick Classification):

Type I -

Never tans, always burns (extremely fair skin, blonde hair, blue/green eyes)

Type II -

Occasionally tans, usually burns (fair skin, sandy to brown hair, green/brown eyes)

Type III -

Tans on average, sometimes burns (medium skin, brown hair, brown eyes)

Type IV -

Usually tans, rarely burns (olive skin, brown/black hair, dark brown/black eyes)

Type V -

Mostly tans, almost never burns (dark brown skin, black hair, black eyes)

Type VI -

Never burns (black skin, black hair, black eyes)

What is the best peel for your skin type?

The best candidates for chemical peels are the light skin types 1, 2, and 3, which have less chance for such complications as hyper (dark spots) and hypo (light spots) pigmentation and scarring. Although skin types 5 and 6 are not ideal for peels, they can be peeled using such superficial agents as salicylic acid or a low percentage glycolic acid such as 30% or 40%. The ideal peel for darker skinned individuals would be the TCA peel.

The real difference between home and Dr peels

We know that you want to know the real difference between "home peels" and "Doctor's office" peels. Well, here it is!

PH levels are the biggest factor! The lower the pH level, the deeper and quicker a peel will penetrate into your skin. The following chart is a comparison of the pH levels of our glycolic acid peels (*our pH levels are lower than most sites) and also of Glytone'stm pH levels (which are not sold to the public for safety reasons). We want you to know what the difference is and most important WHY it is so.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |