Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Undereye brightener
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to find something that will brighten my undereye area but is not a concealer. I don't have dark circles, just want to look more rested. Concealers tend to make me look like I have wrinkles and are caky. I even tried the YSL touche elcat with no luck. Any recommendations?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love, love, love Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener and her Secret Brightening Powder. The Secret Brightener is an awesome wand-style light-reflecting highlighter and dark circle deflector...it is one of those products that has a little brush attached (you twist the pen to dispense the product). I HATE the packaging, I'd much prefer a squeeze tube but I love the stuff so much that I try to ignore how annoying (and unhygienic) (sp?) the dispensing mechanism is! The Secret Brightening Powder is, well, I would never be without it. It is, for me, an eye essential. I also stroke it over my nasolabial lines and on my number elevens to soften the look of lining - and I really think it helps (as much as any cosmetic product can!)....Anyways, as you tell, I could sing like a bird all day long over these two products!
Puds
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, maybe you don't have much fine lines under eyes? Just wondering if this brightening powder would emphasize the fine lines even more for me? Whenever I use powder for undereye it always end up making it looking worse. I hope this one is an exception ?!?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
yes I would love a great concealer..not really for dark circles but more shadows....and this sounds great, but being in 40's...powder under eyes...makes me want to run down the street screaming.....so I'd love this answer too
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if this brightening powder would emphasize the fine lines even more for me?

i also worry about this because i have two line under my eyes.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi iaimei, melissa marie & Helen;
This is the only powder that I would ever use around my eyes...I'm going to be 43 this year and it does not emphasize my fine lines...I use the LM flat eye powder brush to apply and I just love it. It just give me a bit of really natural looking brightening...hard to explain...If you are near a Laura Mercier counter, give it a whirl! I must admit that I'm fanatical about eye cream and apply it every morning and every night (no fail!)..Maybe that is helping to dissuade any sitting of the Secret Brightening powder in my fine lines...but I don't think so...this stuff sells like hotcakes in my social circle! All my galpals love it Smile and again, I wouldn't be without it!
Pudoodles

pudoodles
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
This is the only powder that I would ever use around my eyes...I'm going to be 43 this year and it does not emphasize my fine lines...I use the LM flat eye powder brush to apply and I just love it. It just give me a bit of really natural looking brightening...hard to explain...If you are near a Laura Mercier counter, give it a whirl! I must admit that I'm fanatical about eye cream and apply it every morning and every night (no fail!)..Maybe that is helping to dissuade any sitting of the Secret Brightening powder in my fine lines...but I don't think so...this stuff sells like hotcakes in my social circle! All my galpals love it Smile and again, I wouldn't be without it!
Pudoodles

pudoodles

thanks were near same age, I am fanatical about eyecream as well, have been since I was 18, so that parts easy...just wanted to know if you were like 20 and loving it.... Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just recently bought the Napoleon Perdis Light Patrol Luminzer Palette and I love it. There are five lovely shades and I can use this one little palette to do my whole face. You can use it as eye shadow, under eye illuminator, blush and lippy - very handy.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Pudoodles

pudoodles

I've used the Secret Brightening Powder without any success. It just doesn't seem to brighten my dark circles. Plus it settles into my fine lines a bit (although not as bad as a loose powder does). I also do wear an eye cream underneath. Can you tell me what eye cream you use? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Pudoodles

pudoodles

I've used the Secret Brightening Powder without any success. It just doesn't seem to brighten my dark circles. Plus it settles into my fine lines a bit (although not as bad as a loose powder does). I also do wear an eye cream underneath. Can you tell me what eye cream you use? Thanks!

Currently, I'm using Prevage eye cream (it was a gift.)...I also use Decleor eye firming treatment and PSF Cranberry Eye lift if I have over-the-top "popcorn puffiness" (too much salt Laughing ) on top of my standard under-eye "fluffiness" Laughing ..I recently finished a bottle of Cellular SKin RX's peptide eye cream (which, quite surprisingly for me, was excellent, IMHO)...It is really too bad the Secret Brightening Powder doesn't help Sad ...There definitely are others on the Forum who haven't had much success with it either (you're certainly not alone Confused )..Note: I don't use it without the Secret Brightener - have you tried the Secret Brightener?
Good luck!
puds
puds
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Pudoodles

pudoodles

Currently, I'm using Prevage eye cream (it was a gift.)...I also use Decleor eye firming treatment and PSF Cranberry Eye lift if I have over-the-top "popcorn puffiness" (too much salt Laughing ) on top of my standard under-eye "fluffiness" Laughing ..I recently finished a bottle of Cellular SKin RX's peptide eye cream (which, quite surprisingly for me, was excellent, IMHO)...It is really too bad the Secret Brightening Powder doesn't help Sad ...There definitely are others on the Forum who haven't had much success with it either (you're certainly not alone Confused )..Note: I don't use it without the Secret Brightener - have you tried the Secret Brightener?
Good luck!
puds
puds

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't tried the Secret Brightener. I've only tried it on its own (duh! mayber that's why it didn't work as I look like a raccoon!!! Laughing ) and on top of Cle de Peau's concealor, but then the powder set into the fine lines and looked really cakey as I find CDP's concealor to be very drying. I don't really have problems with puffiness unless I've been crying the night before. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi andamangypsy Very Happy - I'd LOVE to try something from cle de peau...isn't their powder supposed to be amazing?! It surprises me that the concealer is a bit drying...I would have thought that it would have been quite the opposite! Oh well...If you get a chance to try the Secret Brightener then that would be great! Mind you, there are others who think it isn't all that great as well ( Laughing )...As a matter of fact, in my opinion, the YLS touche eclat gets more raves around here than the Secret Brightener...I just like the SB better. Laughing
puds
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I just recently bought the Napoleon Perdis Light Patrol Luminzer Palette and I love it. There are five lovely shades and I can use this one little palette to do my whole face. You can use it as eye shadow, under eye illuminator, blush and lippy - very handy.

Now THIS sounds like something that would light my fire! Keliu, are the shades shimmery? I can't believe how multi-faceted it sounds...it sounds like one of those "does everything" products...I'm going to google this stuff right now...I'm pretty sure that The Bay (dept. store in Canada) carries this Napoleon stuff!
puds
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Now THIS sounds like something that would light my fire! Keliu, are the shades shimmery? I can't believe how multi-faceted it sounds...it sounds like one of those "does everything" products...I'm going to google this stuff right now...I'm pretty sure that The Bay (dept. store in Canada) carries this Napoleon stuff!
puds

Yes, it is shimmery (but not trashy shimmery). There's a silver, coppery gold, flesh colour, pink and blush shade. The flesh colour shimmer is especially good for underneath the eye - much better than concealer.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi andamangypsy Very Happy - I'd LOVE to try something from cle de peau...isn't their powder supposed to be amazing?! It surprises me that the concealer is a bit drying...I would have thought that it would have been quite the opposite! Oh well...If you get a chance to try the Secret Brightener then that would be great! Mind you, there are others who think it isn't all that great as well ( Laughing )...As a matter of fact, in my opinion, the YLS touche eclat gets more raves around here than the Secret Brightener...I just like the SB better. Laughing
puds

I'd read on MUA that the CDP's concealor was drying, but thought I would give it a try anyway. But after I bought it and tried it the first time, I was SO surprised how dry it was. It's not drying (as in it doesn't dry out my skin), but it's very dry and can look very cakey. I always have to put extra amount of eye cream when I use it. Now I just can't be bothered using it, so I still have more or less the full stick of it lying around. I'd love to give the Secret Brightener a try, but it only comes in 2 shades!!! I'm currently using Jane Iredale's one and it's been ok so far...nothing amazing though. I've also used YSL's one before as well, but it's a long long time ago I don't remember what I thought of it at the time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Jadette,

I had the same question as you and found something great that works for me: it's a color corrector fromwww.pureluxecosmetics.com

I have fair skin, so I use the undereye corrector in the Perky Pink shade. Takes years off my under eyes.

I also like the LM Brightening powder, but save that for more dramatic looks...also, If find it a bit sheer and too expensive, but that's my 2 cents Smile

Good luck, BF
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Jadette,

I had the same question as you and found something great that works for me: it's a color corrector fromwww.pureluxecosmetics.com

I have fair skin, so I use the undereye corrector in the Perky Pink shade. Takes years off my under eyes.

I also like the LM Brightening powder, but save that for more dramatic looks...also, If find it a bit sheer and too expensive, but that's my 2 cents Smile

Good luck, BF

I totally forgot about Perk Me Up Pink! I have a full size of that lying around somewhere on my makeup shelf. To me, it's nowhere near a HG, but it seems to work better than the Secret Brightener. I used it on top of a concealor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Jadette,

Good luck, BF

oh my stars! I just took a look at pureluxe (previously unfamiliar to me)...the "Eraser" looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm going to order a 5ml pot for myself!
puds
Edited to add: Barefootgirl: The powder eraser looks lovely..do you know if the texture is similar to the Secret Brightening Powder?
thanks, puds
Edited to add: I just found the "perky pink" powder corrector - amazing price! I am buying it today along with the white corrector and the Eraser cream that turns to powder. I am VERY excited - the purelux prices are extremely reasonable! Yippee!!!!
puds
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
where can i get these products? this is new to me.

Pudoodles wrote:
I love, love, love Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener and her Secret Brightening Powder. The Secret Brightener is an awesome wand-style light-reflecting highlighter and dark circle deflector...it is one of those products that has a little brush attached (you twist the pen to dispense the product). I HATE the packaging, I'd much prefer a squeeze tube but I love the stuff so much that I try to ignore how annoying (and unhygienic) (sp?) the dispensing mechanism is! The Secret Brightening Powder is, well, I would never be without it. It is, for me, an eye essential. I also stroke it over my nasolabial lines and on my number elevens to soften the look of lining - and I really think it helps (as much as any cosmetic product can!)....Anyways, as you tell, I could sing like a bird all day long over these two products!
Puds
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Shoba wrote:
where can i get these products? this is new to me.

Pudoodles wrote:
I love, love, love Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener and her Secret Brightening Powder. The Secret Brightener is an awesome wand-style light-reflecting highlighter and dark circle deflector...it is one of those products that has a little brush attached (you twist the pen to dispense the product). I HATE the packaging, I'd much prefer a squeeze tube but I love the stuff so much that I try to ignore how annoying (and unhygienic) (sp?) the dispensing mechanism is! The Secret Brightening Powder is, well, I would never be without it.
It is, for me, an eye essential. I also stroke it over my nasolabial lines and on my number elevens to soften the look of lining - and I really think it helps (as much as any cosmetic product can!)....Anyways, as you tell, I could sing like a bird all day long over these two products!
Puds

Hi Shoba - they are made by Laura Mercier (www.lauramercier.com)
puds
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Jadette,

Good luck, BF

oh my stars! I just took a look at pureluxe (previously unfamiliar to me)...the "Eraser" looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm going to order a 5ml pot for myself!
puds
Edited to add: Barefootgirl: The powder eraser looks lovely..do you know if the texture is similar to the Secret Brightening Powder?
thanks, puds
Edited to add: I just found the "perky pink" powder corrector - amazing price! I am buying it today along with the white corrector and the Eraser cream that turns to powder. I am VERY excited - the purelux prices are extremely reasonable! Yippee!!!!
puds

In my opinion, Everyday Minerals's Perk Me Up Pink feels a lot lighter and fluffier on my skin than the Secret Brightening Powder does. I don't know if it's really more finely milled, but it just feels much nicer and less powdery, if you know what I mean. Maybe I should try using the Secret Brightener with EM's Perky. What shade of Secret Brightener do you use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Jadette,

Good luck, BF

puds
thanks, puds
puds

In my opinion, Everyday Minerals's Perk Me Up Pink feels a lot lighter and fluffier on my skin than the Secret Brightening Powder does. I don't know if it's really more finely milled, but it just feels much nicer and less powdery, if you know what I mean. Maybe I should try using the Secret Brightener with EM's Perky. What shade of Secret Brightener do you use?

I use the lightest shade (I believe there are only two shades..)- I'm pretty much as fair as it gets... Confused
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
Jadette,

Good luck, BF

puds
thanks, puds
puds

I use the lightest shade (I believe there are only two shades..)- I'm pretty much as fair as it gets... Confused

For reference, I'm wearing their tinted moisturizer in Nude. Do you think their lightest shade would suit me?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles and MelissaMarie - Since we're all about the same age, which eye cream do you think worked best on undereye fine lines? I guess I just smile too much Wink

Don't mean to hijack the thread Cool

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Jimena
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
My favourite is Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer. It's not just a concealer, it brightens a lot. I threw away all the other concealers I had .

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |