Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
High Speed Internet Toronto
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
WARNING: RANT AHEAD!

I am desperately in need of a new internet service provider. I have been using Bell since I moved back to Toronto last summer and was already unsure about doing so as I had problems with them in the past. But they offered me an outstanding promotional monthly rate ($14.99 for the first 6 months and then $19.99 thereafter for Basic Lite service) so I just couldn't turn it down. Unfortanately it's been a nightmare ever since. Mad First off they signed me up for the wrong contract so I was overcharged. I called and complained, they apologized and told me I would receive a credit on the next bill. Fine strike 1. Next couple of bills were ok and then they started to overcharge me again. Called and got the credit. Strike 2. Supposedly this was supposed to all be corrected now. I stopped looking at the credit card bills until I got a large bill yet again. After further analysis I noticed I had been getting overcharged again for the past 6 months regardless of how many times I called them to make them aware of the error. Last month I talked to a really nice supervisor who was very helpful and sympathetic. She said I would receive over $40 worth of credit for my next bills and suggested I sign up for the "One Bill" plan to avoid future errors as she thought the errors were ocurring from a miscommunication between Bell and Sympatico and somehow the promotional rate I was orginally offerred was getting lost. So I signed up and thought great, free interent for a couple of months while they fix their screw ups. Apparently not. I received yet another incorrect bill today. This time they charged me again for the April service I prepaid back in March, charged me for the May service and billed me a shipping fee for a Modem which was never shipped nor required as I've been using the same modem all this time!!!! Of course when I got home to find the bill the billing office was closed. So I used the online chat and got a rep who was useless and couldn't help me. I was trying to tell them I wasn't going to pay the bill and wanted to get out of the contract without penalty because they were useless and I wanted it in writing. The rep kept saying okay so I asked him/her to clarify as to what they were saying okay to and the response was "okay I have credited your bill". Rolling Eyes Right so I will be credited again but will receive new incorrect charges next month yet again! Enough is enough! I want this madness to stop! I have had it with these people. I have to call and speak to someone higher up again tomorrow to vent once more and want to finally be free of this stupid Bell service.

So now that all my ranting has been put aside I need solutions for a new internet service provider. And please don't suggest Rogers as they are just as bad. Anyone have any suggestion? I'm thinking of LOOK as I will most likely be signing up for their webhosting service as well. Does anyone ave experience with them? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Darn, I was going to suggest Rogers High Speed. I haven't had a problem with them yet. Rogers Wireless, that's another story.

Look? I never knew they offered internet. Is it available in your area?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of LOOK ... by chance do you get Videotron? Or is that Quebec only?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE:

Well after speaking with yet another supervisor at Bell and spending an hour on the phone, it appears I can't get out of my contract which is up in September of 2008 without paying a $50 termination fee! So, I guess I am stuck with this aggravation for a while longer. They at first offered me $5 to "make me happy" which I told them was ridiculous as how happy could $5 make me after all this frustration. They then clarified and apologized for my misunderstanding and offered me a $5 discount off my bill for the next 6 months. Yeah good clarification there. Believe me, they never said that in the beginning - he just said $5. This made a difference and since I couldn't get out of the contract without paying I took the deal. I figure with the $30 they are offering me for the next 6 months as a "public relations discount" plus the other $10 "public relation discounts" I accrued from past bills, I only need another screw up and another $10 discount and they will have pretty much paid for the cancellation fee. LOL So I have to grin and bare it for now and hope to God they get the next bill right! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've never heard of Videotron. I didn't see it as one of the ISP providers in my area when I did a search online. LOOK does offer the service in my area luckily (Yen you should get it to then as you live in the same city) so when I can get out of my contract I'll probably switch to them if I'm happy with their webhosting service.

Ok on with the day now. I feel better for getting it all out. LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Wildflower another provider you might want to consider is Teksavvy http://www.teksavvy.com/.

I currently have Roger's Extreme High Speed and I'm totally disgusted with their bandwidth shaping and port throttling and am seriously considering Teksavvy. I've been reading great things about them and their customer service is apparently fantastic.
I used to be with Bell Sympatico, until they advised me they had notification of my change of address and would be disconnecting my service. Yeah, great, but I wasn't moving!! When I called to tell them they were mistaken they couldn't reverse the order to disconnect and told me it would take 2 weeks to get me up and running again Sad That's when I kissed them goodbye!!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
That's too funny Anya. I remember when I actually did move away from Toronto they told me that they could transfer the service and started billing me and I couldn't even get the service in the new city as they didn't offer it there. LOL I had to spend days on the phone with them trying to get my money back. Good grief! And stupidly I still gave them a chance to redeem themselves when I came back to TO.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ah ... high speed ... Crying or Very sad

I live about 1.5 to 2 hours S.W. of Toronto ... and am in the 2% of the entire world that has no access to high speed. Crying or Very sad

Well ... that's not quite true ... now I can get a satellite system ... which isn't too costly ... unless of course you want really speedy fast high speed ... then it costs an arm and a leg! Sad

I am going to get the "basic" satellite high speed ... which is probably 4 times faster than my current dialup ... and costs me about the same as my current dialup plus the separate line I have for the computer.

However, I'd love to have a choice ... but we're in the country ... not enough people to get them to lay cable ... and the phone lines aren't suited to Bell high speed ...

On the other hand, with the various complaints about both Rogers and Bell ... perhaps my lack of choice is a good thing ??? Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yup I encountered the same problem when I moved 3 hours north of Toronto last year. No high speed for me. Only dial up. So I went with Nexicom and you know I never had a probelm with them. They were great and really friendly. They actually offered real customer service! I miss that.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |