Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What was the silliest thing you ever did with makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
When I was about 10, my Mom got this fabulous tray full of Estee Lauder makeup. Naturally, I got to it before she did...and thought I'd made our cat, Oreola, up very nicely!!! Green eyeshadow, really pink blush, and lovely red lipstick on the white mustache above her black chin. I thought she was beautiful...of course my Mom didn't agree Embarassed

Luckily, I wasn't brave enough to try mascara!My Mom is a sweetie and just laughed and washed the poor kitty's face. Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
That is a cute story Geminiwoman! Laughing I was never that creative but I DID do a great job of making up my "Baby Tender Love" doll, my "Chrissy" doll (remember that one with the red lengthening pony tail?!), as well as all of my barbie dolls...
pudoodles Very Happy
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles! How are you feeling these days? I recall you being down a bit after some surgery???
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I was given a blue Avon nail polish pen for my birthday in second grade that I used to put on my eyelids. Shock
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
ROFLMAO Laughing

That's a really funny story, gemini.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Geminiwoman wrote:
Thanks Pudoodles! How are you feeling these days? I recall you being down a bit after some surgery???

Thanks Very Happy I pm'd you so as not to run your post off-track Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
My mom would let me play with makeup-- I remember rubbing hot pink lipstick on my cheeks.

My sister once painted our basset hounds's toe nails red. My dad was not happy....
rhensel
5% products discount

Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
When we were kids we would rub red crayon on our cheeks. I remember having to rub very hard for any color to show up. And one time I remember fooling around with my sister's lip pencil. I drew big clown lips (way outside the lip line) and Spock eyebrows. Needless to say, it ceased to be funny at least five vigorous face washings later.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Laughing gemini! I read the topic and immediately thought of the time my best friend and I gave her cat a makeover! She's a black cat so we had to use really bright eyeshadow and blush. Laughing
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I was never that creative but I DID do a great job of making up my "Baby Tender Love" doll, my "Chrissy" doll (remember that one with the red lengthening pony tail?!), as well as all of my barbie dolls...
pudoodles Very Happy

I didn't play around with real makeup, however, I did do my barbie dolls makeup with markers. And I would cut their hair, try to dye it (can't remember what I used ... maybe food colouring?) and pierced their ears. My mom one time was going through all the old barbie dolls from when my sisters and I were kids, and my sisters were all in pristine shape and mine were all messed up! Well, atleast I made good use of them!

Oh! And I remember that Crissy doll! My sister had one.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
The silliest thing I did with makeup is to put it on my face! Cool
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

LOL Good one bkkgirl Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

haha...seriously, I'm scared of makeup. I bought Sheer Cover MMU b/c I was watching it on infomercial, and it was late. I guess I was not thinking straight. I tried to cancel it after ordering, but they wouldn't hear of it. So the box arrived, and I am too scared to open it. Somehow makeup is very intimidating to me. I wish I am good at it.
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Laughing Laughing
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
wow, that's really funny!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

haha...seriously, I'm scared of makeup. I bought Sheer Cover MMU b/c I was watching it on infomercial, and it was late. I guess I was not thinking straight. I tried to cancel it after ordering, but they wouldn't hear of it. So the box arrived, and I am too scared to open it. Somehow makeup is very intimidating to me. I wish I am good at it.

Awww don't be so intimidated. It's as difficult as you think. I'm not any good myself. I can't do all the difficult complicated looks and I'm certainly not good at mixing and pairing colors. But really, simple basic makeup isn't hard!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Moonstarr
I didn't play around with real makeup, however, I did do my barbie dolls makeup with markers. And I would cut their hair, try to dye it (can't remember what I used ... maybe food colouring?) and pierced their ears.

[/quote]

Pierced their ears?!?! BRILLIANT! I've never heard of anyone having pierced their dolls ears! Did you actually pierce and then secure the earrings onto the ears of the dolls? Geez, moonstar - I find that just hilarious!!!!! It reminds of when I used to use Kool-Aid and jello powder to stain my lips...I always ended up ghoulish looking because I loved grape so much! That has nothing to do with the ear piercing but whatever... Embarassed ...Anways, enough of that....the earring thing just cracks me up!!!! I keep laughing out loud! What a funny, delightful kid you must have been!
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
In Junior High my friend and I painted her sister's face with fingernail polish--bright red. When it wouldn't wash off (duh!), we confessed to her mom. As you can imagine, she was none too pleased. I seem to recall her sister screaming as her mom scrubbed her face with polish remover. Come to think of it, its the last thing I remember from her house--don't think I was ever invited back. Lest anyone think I was some sort of brute--her sister was much older than we were--definitely old enough to know better, but alas we were too. The follies of youth....
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
What funny stories Laughing
I never did anything weird with makeup but on a different note - or NOT - I know a thing or two about giving myself a "haircut" Shock Laughing
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ibianca--been there done that, too--another folly of youth.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:

Pierced their ears?!?! BRILLIANT! I've never heard of anyone having pierced their dolls ears! Did you actually pierce and then secure the earrings onto the ears of the dolls? Geez, moonstar - I find that just hilarious!

Well, I wouldn't pierce them like you would normally pierce an ear with a real earring, but I would take a pin with the shiny round end (which looked like a really nice silver barbie doll sized stud! Laughing ) and poke it into their head .. usually the pin was too long so I'd have to kinda bend it a bit so it would fit into their head without poking out the other end. Smile
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
i have ever use lipstick as blush! Embarassed
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Cuddles wrote:
In Junior High my friend and I painted her sister's face with fingernail polish--bright red. When it wouldn't wash off (duh!), we confessed to her mom. As you can imagine, she was none too pleased. I seem to recall her sister screaming as her mom scrubbed her face with polish remover. Come to think of it, its the last thing I remember from her house--don't think I was ever invited back. Lest anyone think I was some sort of brute--her sister was much older than we were--definitely old enough to know better, but alas we were too. The follies of youth....

GALES OF LAUGHTER Laughing Hilarious!!! And Ibiana: the haircut thing reminds me of my old girlfriend Louise...we were probably 13 years old when we decided to tweeze our brows...Well, Louise had really BIG THICK brows; unusually bushy! So we decided that it would be a good idea if she "loosened" her brows a bit with Nair hair remover cream - with the thought that it probably wouldn't hurt so much to tweeze if her brows were "loosened" a bit (yes, stupid!)....I could have sworn that she left the Nair on for no more than a few minutes but when she wiped the towel across her forehead then looked at me, I nearly died! She looked like a character from Star Trek!! Shock Browless!!! I swear I laughed on and off for weeks!! Poor Louise!
pudoodles
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles....the Louise story was HILARIOUS!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:

Pierced their ears?!?! BRILLIANT! I've never heard of anyone having pierced their dolls ears! Did you actually pierce and then secure the earrings onto the ears of the dolls? Geez, moonstar - I find that just hilarious!

Well, I wouldn't pierce them like you would normally pierce an ear with a real earring, but I would take a pin with the shiny round end (which looked like a really nice silver barbie doll sized stud! Laughing ) and poke it into their head .. usually the pin was too long so I'd have to kinda bend it a bit so it would fit into their head without poking out the other end. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh! ROFLMAO!!! I can totally picture that!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |