Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Changing your user name?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Have you ever changed you EDS user name?

I have always kept my original user name
89%
 89%  [ 33 ]
I have a few user names
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, I have changed my user name since joining EDS
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I just read a thread in regard to members have, and can change their EDS user name. How can you do this? I have no intentions of changing from Winnie but honestly can't see how it can be done. I went in to profile..."Winnie" seems to be there to stay.

If anyone has changed their names I don't have a clue who they are. If a regular poster changed names I would think it would get very confusing.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering the same thing Winnie, glad you asked. I didnt realize it was an option to change our name either. While wishing my name were a bit more original at this stage I wouldnt dream of changing it.

Hugs.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Which begs the question: Couldn't someone who has been banned simply reintroduce themselves under a new moniker?
puds
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
If that were the case, the mods could simply do an IP search and see if they match. Unless said banned person changed their IP...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I looked at my profile, too, and can't even see how to delete my own account, let alone change my username.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
If everyone had the option of changing their username, then it would be utter chaos in a forum Laughing I don't think such options exist in any forum without the outside help of modifications (installations).

If someone changed their name around here, they'd have to PM someone in charge, and they'd do it for them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
God I wish I knew have tried lots of times but with no luck. I use my own name so you can imagine why I wish I could change
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
why do you change your name?
it is difficult for me to remember different name and different password!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I changed mine only once..and won't do it again. Smile Nothing too different but just took the word pooh out of my name. I had to PM Magda..
Mabsy

Wed May 16, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
There is no functionality for this that is available to members. It can be done my moderators but it's not something that is done lightly and a very good reason must exist for the request to be considered. We prefer not to have people changing their member names because it creates confusion. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
My reason for changing my user name was because I first used my own real legal name as my user name, but later on realized that my real name is pretty unique (at least I don't come across a lot of women with the same name), so I got paranoid that someone could easily figure out who I am (for example, if my boss ever joined EDS...LOL). So I wanted to be a bit more anonymous. If I had a name that is similar to others like Amy, Sally, Jennifer, I'd not have changed.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
My reason for changing my user name was because I first used my own real legal name as my user name, but later on realized that my real name is pretty unique (at least I don't come across a lot of women with the same name), so I got paranoid that someone could easily figure out who I am (for example, if my boss ever joined EDS...LOL). So I wanted to be a bit more anonymous. If I had a name that is similar to others like Amy, Sally, Jennifer, I'd not have changed.

Same here, I used my real name and little did I know that it is on the internet. I hated that and had sleepless nights now knowing if my co-workers knew that I was addicted to skincare! Laughing
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, I think it is a very good question and although Mabsy has explained that it is not easy to change a user name and requires approval, what stops a user having more than one user name and being able to post under either or both?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I have a split personality.

5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy made me do it. Cool

5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
we don't let the shadow out of the box much, but sometimes he slips through an open door... Laughing

But seriously, yes, there is nothing really to stop someone having more than one ID and having a conversation with themselves or worse.

At least when I had to create an alter-ego (honestly, I *had* to) I made it obvious who I was Laughing (though some darling members did think someone was trying to hound me and gave the shadow the third degree. bless them. )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Tiger at least you told us all that it was really you! So many that have changed DO NOT come on and say hey its me, xxx, I changed my name...they just post on and don't admit it. Until someone asks, then they say oh yes that's me....or at least that's what I've seen. So even if you need to change it for real reasons, why wouldn't you reintroduce your new name, by telling of your old Confused .
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
we don't let the shadow out of the box much, but sometimes he slips through an open door... Laughing

But seriously, yes, there is nothing really to stop someone having more than one ID and having a conversation with themselves or worse.

At least when I had to create an alter-ego (honestly, I *had* to) I made it obvious who I was Laughing (though some darling members did think someone was trying to hound me and gave the shadow the third degree. bless them. )

GALES OF LAUGHTER!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I've wished many times that I could change my name, only because I wasn't thinking and used my real name. I have a few friends that I would like to tell about the forum, because I have learned so much, but I don't dare because they could easily figure out who I am. Then every time I see them I would be paranoid that they were examining my skin for every blemish and wrinkle I write about. Laughing
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I must be completely daft, seriously I really had and still have no clue as to anyone having changed their usernames on here. I guess in this circumstance ignorance is bliss.

Hugs
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Maybe EDS can include a statement during registration to advice new member to choose a user name that is not his/her own legal name, so that s/he won't have to change later?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Maybe EDS can include a statement during registration to advice new member to choose a user name that is not his/her own legal name, so that s/he won't have to change later?

That's a great idea! This is the one and only forum I belong to, and I didn't realize when it was asking for a username, that that is the name that everyone would see. I thought it was just a username to use with my password.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim's_shadow wrote:
Mabsy made me do it. Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |