Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jan Marini or Revitalash- New formulas only! Honest imput...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am on the fence about which one to buy.
Yes, this has been covered here but I want input from those that have only used the NEW formulas.
Do they really work? Shock
Which is better?
Please, any and all honest input would be fabulous. Very Happy

I have short sparse lashes. Rolling Eyes I want to post pics of me before and the after 1 week, then 2 weeks and so on and so on. But do not want to waste my money on the inferior product.
Which do you recommend I get? Any befoe and after pics you could post would be WONDERFUL to help me choose.
Please Help!!!!
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
anyone? anyone?
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Come on girls don't be shy! Cool LOL Anything you can tell me about either product would help.

The new revised JM has been out long enough now that those using it would know if it works or not. I just need real honest reviews on these two products.
I went through old reviews and the older version of JM was the one really getting reviews. Or the product LUSHLASH was thrown in to the mix and everyone started talking about that. Confused
I only want input on the "NEW" JM or Revitalash.

PULEEEEEEEEZE Sad
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
WOW! Not one response Embarassed

I thought by now the "New" formula of JM would have been out long enough that users could have an opinion -good or bad-

Maybe I will just post in this thread all by myself until there are so many post it becomes a Sticky Bad Grin

I feel very lonely and ignored Sad Sad Sad
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pippi_Plum!

No, wait! We're here!!!! I have used revitalash now for a few months. Here are some pics of my results:

Before:

After:
and with mascara:

Hope this helps!

I really think it depends on the state of your lashes to begin with, as well as your expectations. These aren't really miracle products but make a subtle and noticeable difference.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice! You have very pretty eyes!

Well I feel better now! Don't feel so much like a ghost LOL
Booo! LOL Bad Grin
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange, how come the pictures that were without mascara looked like the lashes got some mascara on them, too? Is it because the mascara from the previous day didn't get washed out completely?
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi

I've been using the new JM since early February and I haven't seen any results other than my eyelids have darkened some (which doesn't bother me and I actually kind of like it).

I read on this board where some others have seen results with the new formula, so my results might be atypical. When my tube is empty I'm planning to try RL.

-Cathy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
My sister has been using RL for four weeks and she is over the moon with her lash growth. JM also really worked for me though I had to use it sparingly due to stinging. I still have my JM which I use once per week. I plan to try RL after to maintain and maybe thicken? They are double the length I had before but kinda spindly. My sis also has got great results from using a bit of vaseline on the lash tips themselves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Avalange, how come the pictures that were without mascara looked like the lashes got some mascara on them, too? Is it because the mascara from the previous day didn't get washed out completely?

Sorry for the confusion, Bira. I took a lot of pictures and chose thumbnails, so I thought it was from the set where I wasn't wearing any mascara. Now I realize that somehow they do not exist. In the first photos post-RL, I AM wearing a very light coat of mascara. In the last photo, I'm wearing Kanebo 38 degrees silk mascara.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
My sister has been using RL for four weeks and she is over the moon with her lash growth. JM also really worked for me though I had to use it sparingly due to stinging. I still have my JM which I use once per week. I plan to try RL after to maintain and maybe thicken? They are double the length I had before but kinda spindly. My sis also has got great results from using a bit of vaseline on the lash tips themselves.

I read a post from someone on here about using Vaseline to lengthen the lashes. Does your sister use vaseline on top of RL? (RL on lash lines and Vaseline on tips?)
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Bira wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, Bira. I took a lot of pictures and chose thumbnails, so I thought it was from the set where I wasn't wearing any mascara. Now I realize that somehow they do not exist. In the first photos post-RL, I AM wearing a very light coat of mascara. In the last photo, I'm wearing Kanebo 38 degrees silk mascara.

--avalange

Oh ok. No problem. I was just confused because the pictures did look like there was some mascara on the lashes. Thanks for the clarification. Very Happy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
avalange, your picture does show noticable difference from using the revitalash. You have beautiful green eyes!
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I love these replies! Very Happy
Okay, a few questions for ya!

Blacklace, did you get these results from the "old" or "new" version?

Cathy_jean, it makes me wonder if the "new" version has LESS active ingredient than the older version. Maybe the same formulation, just less of the "grower"? I remember when the older version was released it seemed everyone saw results early and the results were awesome.

Avalange, would it be possible to take a pic of those beautiful eyes without any mascara? Just to get a better feel of your growth? Smile

So far RL is winning hands down. Rolling Eyes
I had intended on getting JM actually, but I just don't have enough to go on just yet.

My little puny lashes are crying for something but, I need to make sure which one to choose before making such a big investment. Shock
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the new JM for a couple of months and have seen good results I will definitely continue to use it.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Cuddles, how long did it take you to see results? I am glad to hear this!
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
i've been using the JM for about 6 weeks now. I have noticed an improvement, but nothing over the top. My 40 year old lashes were sparse and constantly falling out but now they look very nice(with mascara) but in reality i'm hoping the improvement continues. I also apply castro oil to my tips at night and because i'm over zealous, i've been using JM a.m. and p.m. no stinging, no irritating.
BTW I bought the JM because i had 2 friends who's eyelashes ripped out after trying semi permanent lashes...they're lashes are beautiful now and they swear there were bald spots before...
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
PPlum,

I used the old formulation.

Bira, she uses the vaseline with the RL as the RL goes on the lash line only. She uses it on the tips. I started too as she swears it helps the whole thickening process and her mascara looks so much better than mine when she uses the vaseline.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is certainly on my purchase list. I've been using Talika Lipocils and I've seen some results but nothing dramatic like avalange has seen with RevitaLash. My only concern is that it might sting my eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else have any before and after pics.

I love to actually see results. Cool
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Cuddles, how long did it take you to see results? I am glad to hear this!

I started to notice results at about 3 weeks. Please note that I use the JM 2x per day. I know some people only use it at night.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am ordering the Jan Marini today. Very Happy

I really have been trying to see which is better, but after reading everything I can find on the two it seems they run a very close race. So the only way to know is to try it for myself. LOL Laughing

Cuddles, do you apply it to your top and bottom twice a day? Or just the top?

My hubby thinks I am nuts to pay so much for a lash product! Rolling Eyes
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Cuddles, do you apply it to your top and bottom twice a day? Or just the top?

Pippi- I use it 2x per day on both the top and the bottom. The results on my bottom lashes are really significant. I am anxious for the top lashes to get to the WOW state, but I am happy with the results so far.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Okay silly question...
I was just looking at a seller of JM on ebay. They have have two seperate listings for JM, one as a running auction, one in their store.
The auction is for 92.00 and the one in their store is 119.00. They have different expiration dates. Is one better than the other? It seems many, many more people are buying the 119.00 one? Shock
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe one of the tubes is the old JM formula. Seems that people are willing to pay far more for the old one that the newer version.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |