Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

flat iron
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
i need to get a good hair straightner to straighten my thick, wavy hair. Any recommendations on a good hair straightner that will be less damaging than others? what are the price ranges? what would be the cheapest way to buy a flat iron? through ebay?

Thu May 17, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I too have THICK, wavy hair, and after wasting money on cheapie tools, bought a Hai ceramic flat-iron. It's awesome, as it reaches 400ºF. I ordered it through one of the professional suppliers here, that we deal with at EDS, so I was able to get mine for wholesale.

The best ones are from Chi and Hai. As a consumer, yes, e-bay is you best bet.
http://www.hairstraightening.net/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I got mine from ebay, and wouldn't really recommend it. I think it's an imitation of Hai or Chi. My friend just bought hers for $120 from a salon, and she loves it. It's called Ceramaxx. I tried looking it up online but couldn't really find any place that sells it online.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I used to be obsessed with straight hair so I bought one for $250.. not that much I think? You can find t3 bespoke flat irons on ebay for around $100+ versus $200 at sephora..
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I joined ebates, which then gave me a 6% rebate from Folica Beauty Supply. I bought a Sedu flat iron a year ago, and I'm still quite happy with it. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Folica is wonderful to deal with and they ship to Canada.
I have used many irons including a very pricey one call the Bion but still go back to the Chi every time!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I joined ebates, which then gave me a 6% rebate from Folica Beauty Supply. I bought a Sedu flat iron a year ago, and I'm still quite happy with it. Very Happy

I can second ebates...I won't buy online with checking ebates first. You can get a % of your purchase back!!
I have a 1" Chi Turbo that I love. Just know that the warranty from the company that makes the Turbo isn't valid if you don't buy it from a salon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
ebates is good. They're supposed to send me a big fat check for $15. Still waiting...
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Folica.com will honor the warranty for the Chi for 1 year so if anything should happen you send it right back to them instead of the manufacturer.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
My sister gave me a BaBylissPRO ceramic flat iron which I really like. You can adjust the temperature, and I find that I can just slide my hair through it quickly, rather than slowly like with the cheap irons. And my hair is always shiny after I use it. She bought it through her hair dresser for about $100.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
ebates is good. They're supposed to send me a big fat check for $15. Still waiting...

Don't worry, Bira, you'll get it! I've been a member for a year now, and have received a big fat check every quarter, LOL!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
When I'm at home, stateside, I use the Chi flat iron. I also owned a Hai (which I loved, but burned out when I tried to convert it to European voltage on a trip abroad! Sad )

These days, when I travel abroad, I use the Sedu flat iron w/ European voltage. I got it at a great price from folica.com.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
i know chi flat iron is good, but it is expensive!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Hai - I got it at the salon I go to. It's great. I don't want really flat hair, but it smooths out the frizz.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
what are the flat irons that you can adjust tempreture?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
what are the flat irons that you can adjust tempreture?

Hai makes a flat iron that offers adjustable temperature up to 400 degrees f.

I loved that flat iron until it blew up in europe. sniff.

It's available at most fine hair salons.

HTH
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
do u know which Hai flat iron it was? It wasnt the "convertable" one was it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
do u know which Hai flat iron it was? It wasnt the "convertable" one was it?

I used to have the flat iron with the blue ceramic plates. Looking at pics of it online, I am 99% sure it was the convertAble model.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
^ thank u... i've been researching, i think i might go with the Hai convertable

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I my Hai! Surprisingly, I got it at Home Outfitters a few years ago LOL! At that time, I didn't need a straightener, but for $55, who could resist?! Its probably one of THE best purchases for me. Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Just my thoughts as I have recently bought one. I bought mine at Sally's beauty supply (for those who know this name), mine is two inches, but the most important is the temp and the fact that it has to be ceramic. I spent $45.00 on mine and it works like a beauty. Straightens my fly away naturally wavy hair. Plus if you use a spray that is intended for curling irons, blow dryers and flat irons. The heat actually activates the "stuff". It protects your hair and helps get all the areas straight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
^ which flat iron do u have?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Sedu from Folica after reading such amazing reviews on it. It was expensive but on sale i think i spent $150. I love it, and I use it every day, and my hair is not fried. It is quick, and my hair doesnt get stuck in it - a big problem I had with my last flat iron.
karianne
5% products discount

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering what is the difference between the expensive brands and the cheaper brands of flat irons? I want to purchase one and am having a hard time justifying spending $100 + on an iron. I have chin length hair, thick but fine. It just has a bit of natural wave in it that I would like to get rid of plus smooth it out. Do you think a cheaper one work as well in my case?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
My hairdresser said the ones from Walmart just don't get hot enough, and are a waste of money. On the other hand, a friend of mine bought a $45 one from Sally Beauty Supply, and she's been happy with it for at least a year. She is black, and her hair tends to be coarse.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |