Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you have Permanent Eyeliner?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I just had my permanent eyeliner retouched for the 4th time. I am gradually going darker and bolder, although it is still fairly subtle. I love it more each time I do it. It is glorious waking up with "eyes!" I used to look soooo bad with my bare eyes in the morning Rolling Eyes Wondering how many other ladies have tossed out their eyeliners in leiu of going permanent and what their experience has been.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have permanent eyeliners. I used to like them, but sometimes it's scary to see my 'eyes' all the time. Laughing Maybe she didn't do a good job. I won't be doing any touch-ups as I can't stand the pain.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
i did not have Permanent Eyeliner, do you feel it is difficult to remove?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:

Permanent means you cannot remove it. Cool
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I had it done couple of years ago but no more, nothing in trace now. It was awfully painful, mind you! I need bold eyeliner to make my eyes really brighter and lifting.But I don't think they can make it so bold with permanent's as i usually do with liquid eyeliner.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Who does the procedure? Do you have to get a tattoo artist to do it?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
No, it is not done by a "tatoo artist," although surely there are probably some doing it. The lady who did mine has always been a makeup artist and worked doing makeup for films, finally learning the art of permanent makeup. I didn't find it terribly uncomfortable...but when it comes to vanity, I have a helluva pain tolerance Wink
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Do you notice the color would change over time? I have a girl friend with permenet eyeliners and I think her color gradually changed from dark black to greenish color.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I'd consider it if one could do a trial, semi-permanent run first. I've discovered I look a LOT better w/eyeliner but don't know how I'd feel about waking up with it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
My mum had hers done in her mid thirties and it was about 8 years later until it faded to the point where the lining at the corner of her eyes had disappeared. She has had it for more than 12 years now so I no longer even notice them.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would be afraid how it would look when the eyes "mature" with age--especially as the skin starts to sag and loosen (gasp).
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do not have Permanent Eyeliner.
My friends did that a few years ago, the eyelines now turned to dark blue (it was black from the beginning).
I don't like that! Razz
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I had mine done 16 years old - both upper and lower and had touch ups done once. They have now faded to slight blue/grey colour. I used to go over them with an eyeliner until I used mascara again; then I just leave the top as it is and use a kohl pencil over the bottom (the bottom ones faded the most).

I haven't had any more touch ups - it was just too painful. The pain is not as bad when it's the eyebrows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
helenzwl wrote:

Permanent means you cannot remove it. Cool

Laughing
i am ignorance!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the color fades over time but I've never heard of it turning a weird color, just a faded out version of what you had. Since I use Retin A (Taz) around my eyes, that also tends to bleach out the skin, including the eyeliner. I am kind of surprised reading this thread, that the response isn't more positive. I just love it!
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
oh, i really really want to do this, but i'm so scared they will screw up and make the eyes different or draw the lines in the wrong place or something...and we all know how difficult and painful it is to remove a tattoo!!

yes, my stepmom has it on the bottom...she's had it since i've known her, at least 20 years, and never had it touched up...

i will admit it is a blue/grey colour but it is still clearly there.

i've heard that if you use dark brown instead of black, it doesn't fade into that blue/grey colour, but i don't know if that is true (seems reasonable to just fade into a lighter brown though).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I didn't mind the fact that the color will change to blue later. In fact, I'd like it if that were to happen soon. I saw a friend who got it done 8 years ago, and her color is blue now. She said it was black originally. I went to the same technician who did hers, but I don't think she did as good a job as she did my friend's who looked completely natural.
juliac
5% products discount

Fri May 18, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a pretty bold permanent line on my uppers and a very subtle permanent lash line on my lowers. I loooove it. I used to used liquid eyeliner every morning and sometimes I'd screw up and have to do it over. Now I just need mascara and my eyes look 'done up.'

The first time I had it done by an artist using only a hand tool - which seemed very precise but took 3 (!) hours for upper and lower. I just had the uppers touched up by a different artist who used just a gun and I was in and outta there in 30 minutes. I did experience a lot more pain, swelling and bruising with the gun touch up though.

5% products discount

Fri May 18, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I'm thinking about getting my brows done - but that scares me more than the eyeliner ever did. Who has their brows done? What do you think?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh. I "do" permanent color and I am so passionate about it. The procedure should never hurt. The only part of the procedure that may be uncomfortable is the first "ride" over the lids. After that another topical anesthetic is used that sinks into the open skin and completely numbs it. Lots of my people go to sleep.

The color will change to dark blue if a black color is used. This is because of the veins in the skin. And some pigments will turn blue faster and other pigments will give you several years of black only and then fade to dark blue. I recommend a black/brown combo to prevent the color change.

Before I had permanent eyeliner, I wouldn't open my front door to anyone nor would I leave the house unless I had sunglasses on. I have very light eyelashes and without eyeliner or mascara on, my eyes blended into my face. Yuk!!! Now, I'm not embarrased to go anywhere without makeup on my eyes.

Be very careful about eyebrows. At least with eyeliner, your technician will have a template to follow. By this I mean that she can just use your eyelashes for a guide. With eyebrows, your technician will have to design your brows, choose the appropriate colors and then use her talent to make them as realistic as possible. That's easy to do if you have some eyebrow hairs, but if you don't, make sure she can do hairstrokes that mimic real hair and you'll love your results. Have her show you pictures of her past work.

I'm an R.N. For someone who is very nervous, they can go to their physician and get something to relieve their anxiety. Just make sure you have a driver. The only procedure I really recommend this for is the eyeliner. It is your natural instinct to try to protect the eyeball and it's sometimes nerve wracking to have someone right there messing with your eye.

Let me know if you have any questions. Again, this should not be painful if you have a compassionate technician who will take the time to numb your skin before tattooing. Most of the time, it takes 30 minutes to get sufficiently numb enough.

Patty

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |