Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Any recommendations for facial spider vein treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have developed, with Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad age, some spider veins on my face, mostly in the nose area.

Know I'm v. naughty because with congestion in that area from oily T, I manually extract those infuriating clogged pores even tho' I maintain a good skin care regime. But think this has 'traumatized' the adjacent skin.

Anyway, lots of sites recommend Vit K for spider veins.

Anyone had success with this or anything else?

TIA
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I found that KS Deep Tissue worked for the ones around my nose.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
laser treatment or sclerotherapy. from a very experienced doctor.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Jackee:

Yes I realize laser is a possibility but think the condition would have to deteriorate considerably before I go that route.

My veins as v. small at this point & am looking for sg. that will halt their decline before seeking a major intervention.

Maybe I should just stop the extraction and do more Sal Acid treatments to clear out those pores.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting those things around my nose also. I would love an alternate route to get rid of them before the ipl.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
i had a red spider vein by my nose and dr zapped it with an electrical pointer,I forgot the name of the procedure but its totally gone after getting zapped.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
i had a red spider vein by my nose and dr zapped it with an electrical pointer,I forgot the name of the procedure but its totally gone after getting zapped.

I think it's called a telangitron. Also good for cherry angiomas.
http://www.bestermed.co.za/NEWWEB~1/Telangitron.html
link7881

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I've had spider and varicose veins on both legs and spider veins on my face. My doctor told me that sclerotherapy can treat the swelling of my veins on my legs and laser treatment can do wonders on my face. So, I had it done in no time. I am now on my last session. Smile
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I also have some broken capillaries on the sides of my nose (likely from squeezing blackheads....find it hard to resist) and would like to avoid lasers for now. Skincare you said you had good results from KS Deep Tissue. I can't find it listed. Who makes it. thanks.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
I also have some broken capillaries on the sides of my nose (likely from squeezing blackheads....find it hard to resist) and would like to avoid lasers for now. Skincare you said you had good results from KS Deep Tissue. I can't find it listed. Who makes it. thanks.

Not Skincare, but I think she is talking about Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair (not 100 % sure though). I don't know which ingredients in this product that may improve broken capillaries, but here goes

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kate-somerville-deep-tiss-p_7334.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I've seen real improvement after using my LED regularly. It took several months of consistent usage. My broken capillaries aren't totally gone but they are much improved. I think Kassy A had even better results on broken caps, but then again she has been using an LED light much longer than I have.

If you are looking for a long term treatment that is non-invasive, perhaps this would work for you, too.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Septembergirl for info about the Kate Somerville product. I may try it later, right now I am just using Dr H and Jurlique to soothe my skin and it is working well.

Flitcraft...your LED use. I guess you use it on yourself. Are there any downsides to LED or things to be aware of. Thanks.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I would advise to bite the bullet and get them zapped with IPL. It's an instant fix - and if you've only got them around the nose then the procedure will be quick and not very expensive.

IMHO topicals do absolutely nothing. The only way to disperse the blood in the vein is to zap it. Vitamin K is only supposed to strengthen the vein walls.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
IMO topical will help if what you have is mainly caused by irritation. Nothing topical I used every work. IME laser treatments are iffy because the veins can still return or you can develop new ones.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I use an at home LED--the ProLight Platinum. Kassy uses the Lightstim AntiAging light. Both are high quality products with long threads on them on the Skincare tools forum here.

I don't think there are any downsides, personally, other than the length of time it takes to see results. But there are other upsides, too--evening of skin pigmentation and collagen building. I consider the broken caps effects a bonus on these other, primary advantages of using an LED. However, if I wanted the veins gone right now, I suspect laser would be the way to go, even though some have found that the broken caps can return later.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft, by any chance, have you gotten even the slighest darkening from the LEDs like some have reported?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
No darkening at all, and I'm prone to hyperpigmentation. It's not clear to me whether the issue is that the LED (or perhaps serums used with it) are causing greater sun sensitivity and thus darkening for some, or whether it is the LED itself.

To be on the safe side, I use Vitamin C serum and heavy duty sunscreen daily.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
harriet wrote:

Not Skincare, but I think she is talking about Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair (not 100 % sure though). I don't know which ingredients in this product that may improve broken capillaries, but here goes

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kate-somerville-deep-tiss-p_7334.htm

That's right! I'm not using it now and I'm not sure if I will go back to it. Maybe I will reconsider next year.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
oh forget about topicals. Go for Vbeam treatments. It has done wonder for me. I did 3 treatments and cleared most of the red veins around my noses and cheeks. Its painless and cost effective. But have to remind you that after the treatments some veins may return so periodic touch up and afterwards maintenance will be required.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |