Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Cleanser for hubby with oily skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jlcov1
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
My husband(25) has oily skin, clogged pores and some spots. I don't know what cleanser to recommend for him as i am very dry and dehydrated.
What cleanser would you suggest?

Also a good but cheap sunscreen for him that won't break him out. He uses a spray loreal one at he moment but he always has loads of spots after.

Thanks for helping
Jackie
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
He might love JM bioglycolic gel for oily skin or the DDF blemish foaming cleanser (and DDF has another one with salicylic acid). I'm using the first two and love them. Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby got more than 3 cleansing ,because whatever not suitable for me i will give to him Laughing Laughing
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Zirh Clean!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that "Clarins for men" is good.
bintypoos
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe he could try the dermalogica anti-bac wash. Also the new Neutrogena helioplex sunscreen range is non-greasy and very reasonably priced.
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
After reading a lot of positive reviews online, I bought my hubby Anthony logistics glycolic facial cleanser and he loves it! He has normal/combo skin, and is prone to clogged pores around his nose. This product has helped him much more than his former soap/water routine.

They also offer moisturizer with spf and scrubs in their line. Hope this helps!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend SpectroJel.

http://www.spectroskincare.com/productjelviolet.shtml

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat. I have very dry dehydrated skin whereas my boyfriend has quite oily skin with some pimples, blackheads and clogged pores and I never know what products to get him!

My boyfriend is loving Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser. I'd been looking a cleanser that he would like enough to wanna use it in lieu of his Head & Shoulders (yes, he used to wash his face with it!!!) and I've bought him PSF Papaya Cleansing Gel, Shiseido Pureness, Biotherm (don't remember the name), and a few others, but nothing he liked. Then it dawned on me I had a sample of Dermalogica's one lying around in my drawer, so I asked him to try it. After using it, he asked if it's expensive as he liked it a lot. It seems to agree with his skin and doesn't cause any further breakout. Also, there's less oil breakthrough.

How did you get your hubby to use sunscreen? My boyfriend would not touch that stuff no matter how much I have tried to convince him!

P.S. My boyfriend loves Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads. I don't know if it's helped much with his pimples and clogged pores, but to me, some exfoliation is better than none. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend loves Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel for his oily sensitive skin though i prefer him to use organic stuff. i do however like Dermalogica's Super Sensitive Face Block SPF 30 for myself (I've combination-oily skin. It's a physical blocker and disappears fast into the skin.
jlcov1
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replys and suggestion for products.It's so difficult being ultra dry and him not!!!
Thanks andaman_gypsy I've just looked and I have some forgotten samples of the anti-bac in my draw and a travel size dermal clay ( which i used to use when i went swimming but hated as far to drying but it did make sure all the chlorine was washed off I suppose!))Will see how he gets on with those.
If not i'll try some of all your other suggestions.
The Neutrogena helioplex sunscreen looks perfect I'm going to order some. thank you bintypoos.
He did try my dermalogica solar booster but again got loads of spots and he found it way too greasy.
andamasn_gypsy he will only wear sunscreen if were actually out in the sun, better than nothing i suppose.
He has a boots £2.50 scrub at the moment Shock .i think that breaks him out too. He is under strict instuctions not to use it anymore Laughing
thanks again for all your help
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
jlcov1 wrote:
Thanks for all your replys and suggestion for products.It's so difficult being ultra dry and him not!!!
Thanks andaman_gypsy I've just looked and I have some forgotten samples of the anti-bac in my draw and a travel size dermal clay ( which i used to use when i went swimming but hated as far to drying but it did make sure all the chlorine was washed off I suppose!))Will see how he gets on with those.
If not i'll try some of all your other suggestions.
The Neutrogena helioplex sunscreen looks perfect I'm going to order some. thank you bintypoos.
He did try my dermalogica solar booster but again got loads of spots and he found it way too greasy.
andamasn_gypsy he will only wear sunscreen if were actually out in the sun, better than nothing i suppose.
He has a boots £2.50 scrub at the moment Shock .i think that breaks him out too. He is under strict instuctions not to use it anymore Laughing
thanks again for all your help

You're very welcome. Smile

Yeah, it's worth letting him try the sample of Dermalogica's cleansers first to see how he likes them or which one he likes better. I've bought my boyfriend many cleansers (Shiseido, L'Oreal, PSF, Biotherm, DHC, etc.), but he never liked any of them. I never considered Dermalogica, but I was trying to get rid of my samples and gave him all the products for oily skin. I was SO surprised he liked the cleanser so much. He's currently using PSF while waiting for me to place an order with EDS next so I can get him Dermalogica Dermal Cleanser.

Re PTR Botanical Buffing Beads, it may seem expensive, but it comes in a HUGE bottle and it can be used on the body as well. It's got jojoba beads in it and it's gentle enough to be used everyday. It works fine on my sensitive dry skin. I can see it last easily a year if you only use it on your face. I bought it for my boyfriend, but I ended up using it as well. I also just bought another bottle to use as a shower gel. Very Happy Anyway, my boyfriend has been using it every other evening and it hasn't caused him any breakouts (nothing more than usual).

The only time my boyfriend uses a sunscreen is when he's on the beach, but it's still only an SPF 8! I've been preaching him about how important it is to always wear a sunscreen, but he's just having none of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Another suggestion is Yonka Gel Nettoyant. This is a great, gentle, gel cleanser for oily skin!

5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
jlcov1 wrote:
Hi all,
My husband(25) has oily skin, clogged pores and some spots. I don't know what cleanser to recommend for him as i am very dry and dehydrated.
What cleanser would you suggest?

Also a good but cheap sunscreen for him that won't break him out. He uses a spray loreal one at he moment but he always has loads of spots after.

Thanks for helping
Jackie

No problem Jackie. My husband has oily skin and he loves the anti-bac wash. His skin has improved a lot since using this.

I'm always nagging him to wear sunscreen and I was delighted to see the Neutrogena helioplex comes in a very handy spray. Hope you find something that works for him!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
He might love JM bioglycolic gel for oily skin or the DDF blemish foaming cleanser (and DDF has another one with salicylic acid). I'm using the first two and love them. Very Happy

yes, DDF blemish foam is great for oily skin...im usign it at the mo and after cleansing, my skin feels clean but not tight.
however, saying that im gonna try JM's cleanser too, as there are so many positive reviews on this
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a bottle of Naturderm Epidermx II for myself, but it turned out too be too scratchy for my sensitive skin. Not wanting to throw it out, I passed it to my boyfriend instead and he's been using it every evening (along with his PTR Botanical Buffing Beads every morning). Although he isn't fond of its coconut smell, it certainly has helped his skin! He's getting less clogged pores and pimples. I think this one is gonna become his staple although he's still loving his PTR's one as well. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just to update everyone. Hubby really likes the dermalogica acne gel. Not that it's got rid of his spots on his forehead( although having to wear a crash helmet every day for 1 1/2 hours prob isn't helping( change of job so he now has to ride to work))

I have got him a sample of the medicated gel so am getting him to try that.

Will see how he gets on but will try some of your other suggestions next.

Thanks again for all your suggestions
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
MD Forte cleansers.
PSF Papaya Cleansing Gel.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |