Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Serious Skin Care & TSC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I heard from the salesperson at the TSC Orfus Outlet store that TSC will no longer be carrying Serious Skin Care products. I don't use this line anymore but for those of you that live in the GTA and use the products, it's time to stock up. They have a lot of cheap kits at the outlet store right now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why they aren't going to carry them anymore? I don't use them anymore ... infact it's been years since I tried their products, but I just assumed they were still fairly popular with the Shopping Channel.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't know that TSC has outlet store? I don't think there is one in Vancouver. Is the price better in the outlet store?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I didn't know that TSC has outlet store? I don't think there is one in Vancouver. Is the price better in the outlet store?

Yes, they do. It's in Toronto. They don't carry all the items that the website does. They also carry the returned unopened items at discounted prices (have to check there pretty frequently for those).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Geez....I thought that Serious Skin Care was a huge seller for the Shopping Channel...I wonder what happened? I'm going to email TSC and find out...
puds
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been tempted to try the products but never actually did. for some reason it just never did appeal to me enough to order. I think they just put out too many lines and sometimes it can get quite confusing.
I checked MUA and found the reviews are very mixed and overally not very high.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Geez....I thought that Serious Skin Care was a huge seller for the Shopping Channel...I wonder what happened? I'm going to email TSC and find out...
puds

Today I got an e-mail from the Shopping Channel (Canada) confirming that they will no longer be carrying the Serious Skin care line. They have their current stock at clearance prices and when it is gone - that is it.
puds
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
I think they just put out too many lines and sometimes it can get quite confusing.

Totally! I think so too. I had tried them way back when they were just starting out on TSC and they had a much more basic product line (I used to really love their glycolic cleanser). Now when you look at their product line it IS confusing because there is just SO much.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Hopemelody and Moonstarr. Serious Skin Care got carried away with too many product lines (B line, C line, A line, Glycolic line, Glucosamine, Olive Oil, Reverselift, etc). I also preferred their original acne kit and their glycolic cleanser used to be my HG cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
If you're still using Serious Skin Care, Ebay is always a GREAT place to get items that have been discontinued. Very Happy
havana8

Sun May 20, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
puds

Today I got an e-mail from the Shopping Channel (Canada) confirming that they will no longer be carrying the Serious Skin care line. They have their current stock at clearance prices and when it is gone - that is it.
puds

I always assumed that too. I wonder if this will affect Morgen Schick at TSC as I believe they are owned by the same company...
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this information I just ordered the Dry Lo from eBay, I hate to be without a bottle!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

I always assumed that too. I wonder if this will affect Morgen Schick at TSC as I believe they are owned by the same company...

I looked up the Morgen Schick website and the Serious Skin Care website. They have the same customer service number. I so hope Morgen Schick doesn't get discontinued too. I love her lipglosses, lipsticks and her Supple Balm.

http://www.morgenbeauty.com/contact.asp
http://www.seriousskincare.com/contact.asp

Sun May 20, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I looked up the Morgen Schick website and the Serious Skin Care website. They have the same customer service number. I so hope Morgen Schick doesn't get discontinued too. I love her lipglosses, lipsticks and her Supple Balm.

Me too, Yen!

(On a side note, I think Pür Minerals and Aloette are owned by the same company, Astral Brands, who also own CosMedix. I wonder how many other TSC companies are related...)
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Yen wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Me too, Yen!

(On a side note, I think Pür Minerals and Aloette are owned by the same company, Astral Brands, who also own CosMedix. I wonder how many other TSC companies are related...)

You guys have true sherlock skills - I would have never knew all that!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting ... I thought I'd post this further to the conversation about SSC and TSC. I guess I must have been on the SSC email list from a long while back and I just got an email from them saying they were starting a new venture.

Quote:
Thank you so much for being one of my very special customers. Over the years, customers just like you have really made a difference in the success of my skin care business.

Because so many of my customers have asked, we are introducing an exciting opportunity right now for you and others to become involved in my new direct selling company, Seriesse International.

This is my personal invitation for you to join me in this venture. There is a special message waiting just for you from me at http://www.seriesse.com/bestoffer. Simply click on this link to see and hear about Seriesse International and how you can be a part of our big plans for the future.

So I clicked on the link out of curiousity and yeah, the next generation of the skin care line is going to be sold exclusively though independent consultants. Wonder if that's why TSC dropped them? Although, they sell Aloette and Aloette has independent consultants. Anyway, I thought ya'll might be interested in hearing about their new direction. Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for update Moonstarr.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
The SSC products are marked down on the TSC website.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/category/beauty.do?e=1&Ne=100025&Ns=P_DATE_CREATED&N=100038%20100163&page=1&No=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Moonstarr for your updates.

And thank you Yen for giving updates on TSC - I am relying on you to give me heads up on Cellex-C now Very Happy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Thank you Moonstarr for your updates.

And thank you Yen for giving updates on TSC - I am relying on you to give me heads up on Cellex-C now Very Happy

Don't worry, I will. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
If any of the Cad gals here are looking for some SSC items try eBay seller nanto1. Her name is Nancy and she is just wonderful to deal with. I just received some dry-lo from her and the shipping from the States was very fast and reasonable as well.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |