Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Can eye creams make things worse before showing improvement?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a couple of eye treatments lately that I originally expected to show some improvement, but things initially looked a bit worse.

I am mostly trying to resolve puffiness and recently trialled a couple of GoW serums and the Remergent Microcirculation cream. After a few days of increased puffiness with each product, I pretty much gave up.

Is it ever a good idea to stick it out and continue in situations like this? Perhaps there is a long-term benefit that I am missing out on but cutting my trials short? Or is it generally a good idea to quit a product if I respond a bit poorly?

I admit I *can* be a bit impatient sometimes... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don' really think there is a long waiting period for an eye cream. If you react badly, I don't think it's going to get better. Someone else may have another opinion, but that's my experience. I tried remergent microcirculation too. For a couple days I really liked it, but then it started to turn my eyes crepey. I'm still looking for the perfect eye cream!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
IMO,no matter what you use, you should always try to avoid irratations - its the irratation and demage that utimately ages you.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Perhaps there is a long-term benefit that I am missing out on but cutting my trials short?

Oops. I meant to say *by* cutting my trials short. Not *but*.

Thanks for the input, iaimei and charis. I haven't really noticed any increased redness/burning/itchiness with these products, just more puffiness/darkness. I suppose that is enough to point to signs of irritation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna, I am not sure that I would give up on a product after just a couple of days other than if you were seeing irritation or increased puffiness. It may be that your eye puffiness is being caused by a health, eye or other issue and no matter what you put on your eyes, it won't help. When I finally found a product that helped get rid of my puffiness and eye bags, it took 3 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried any of the eye products you mentioned. Personally, I think it takes some time to treat puffiness. Have you tried cutting back on salt and caffeine intake? I generally don't give up on a product unless it really irritates my skin (burns, stings, rashes) and it's obviously damaging my skin. However, I don't give up on a product just because I'm not seeing results in a week or two. I think these days, I'm just happy to use up a product as long as it's not irritating my sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Shawna: I'm your age and suffer from hereditary puffiness but there have been several products that have helped. I haven't tried the ones you've mentioned but I've never had a problem with increased puffiness when trialling eye creams. Here are the ones that I have tried and liked: Skincubed, Osea and Best Bath Store. I've tried a lot of eye gels which are targetted at puffiness but none worked as well as expensive brands like Valmont Nature which just ended in me getting milia as they were too rich - but didn't do anything else. My fav is Osea so far, Skincubed could cause some dryness and Osea sinks in much better than the Best Bath Store one. HTH
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Shawna: I'm your age and suffer from hereditary puffiness but there have been several products that have helped. I haven't tried the ones you've mentioned but I've never had a problem with increased puffiness when trialling eye creams. Here are the ones that I have tried and liked: Skincubed, Osea and Best Bath Store. I've tried a lot of eye gels which are targetted at puffiness but none worked as well as expensive brands like Valmont Nature which just ended in me getting milia as they were too rich - but didn't do anything else. My fav is Osea so far, Skincubed could cause some dryness and Osea sinks in much better than the Best Bath Store one. HTH

I second Osea Eyes and Lips. Once I'm done with Babor, I'm gonna get a full size of Osea. Smile Mmm...and possibly Juara's eye cream, but that's for hydration. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I used Skincubed for about 2 to 3 months, but saw no change at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, okay let me clarify. I guess what I am really targeting is under eye bags. And when I have used some of these products, I do see an increase in puffiness which really doesn't help alleviate the appearance of the bags. Smile

Also, I pretty much keep caffeine and salt at a minimum.

Gracias!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
IMO,no matter what you use, you should always try to avoid irratations - its the irratation and demage that utimately ages you.

I agree. I would keep looking until I found something that doesn't exacerbate the problem. (Sorry no help on that, puffiness is not my problem.)
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Hmmm, okay let me clarify. I guess what I am really targeting is under eye bags. And when I have used some of these products, I do see an increase in puffiness which really doesn't help alleviate the appearance of the bags. Smile

Also, I pretty much keep caffeine and salt at a minimum.

Gracias!

Hi Shawna,

I know we talked about this before, but I think the best things you can do to combat puffiness are:
--don't drink water 2 hrs before bed
--sleep with head as elevated as possible
--drink a full 1.25 liters within 1/2 hour upon awakening of water
--lightly tap in instead of rub your face cream in for several minutes
--do 10 pushups in the morning, or jump rope, or get your heart rate up somehow (before drinking all that water, of course)
--make sure allergies aren't aggravating the problem!

This last part is KEY for me--I have horrible bags and circles when I'm off of my allegra and nasocort. Especially in the Spring!

HTH!

--avalange

p.s. I find that osea's eyes and lips does help a bit to tone and nourish the eye area, but it won't get rid of bags all on its own!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Avalange!

Thank you, sweetie. Yes, I have adopted the first three practices rather religiously, but now I am going to try out tapping my face cream. Do you mean that I am to tap in my face cream over my entire face or just around the eye area?

And, well... we'll see about push-ups first thing in the morning. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Also... skincubed is pretty damn expensive, by my measures at least! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
i almost give up expecting the function of any eye cream!
i think having a good sleeping is more useful than using a 'good' eye cream.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I tried many different eye products from many brands. Most of them did not make much improvements, but I never came across a smiliar case as yours.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |