Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Camellia Oil - Difference between GOW and Silkia?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm about ready to restock my supply of camellia oil. [currently using Silkia] I tend to go through it quickly because I use it in my hair as well as skin - reviewing prices of camellia oil, looks like you can get much more for much less $$ if you buy it from Garden of Wisdom. Has anyone used both brands of camellia oil, is the stuff from GOW as effective as Silkia camellia oil?

TIA,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I've never used Silkia ... but I have used several oils from Garden of Wisdom ... and they are wonderful.

I'm quite sure that Markey's stuff measures up to the competition ... but you can always email her and ask. She's pretty busy these days, but she's good about answering.

You could also post the query on the Garden of Wisdom forum ... others there might have used other brands and could offer comparisons.

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, I'll have to check it out!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Athena,
did you ever order the Camilla from GoW and can you compare?

While I have had an excellent experience with the Silkia Camilla, the difference in price between the GoW product and the Goldport product is striking!

I love that the Silkia Camilla is odorless.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I ordered camellia oil from GoW quite a while ago and remember I wasn't as impressed with it as I was with Silkia Camellia Oil. From what I recall, it was thicker and took longer time to sink in whereas Silkia's one was light and sunk in in no time. In terms of its effectiveness, I can't comment on that as I didn't like it enough to wanna keep using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hey wasabi! Similar experience to gypsy. I like the consistency of Silkia camellia oil much better, it seems to penetrate much more quickly so I have reserved the Silkia for facial use only. Since I started using this on my hair, I use camellia oil from GOW for additional shine and softness.

k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys,
It never occured to me to use the Camellia on my hair! I've got some coming so that'll be one of my first tries. Thanks for the tip.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hey wasabi! Similar experience to gypsy. I like the consistency of Silkia camellia oil much better, it seems to penetrate much more quickly so I have reserved the Silkia for facial use only. Since I started using this on my hair, I use camellia oil from GOW for additional shine and softness.

I'm with athena! I ended up using GoW's oil on my hair, but then again, I didn't think it was as good as Silkia's one for my hair either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
What I would like to know is if anyone has tried using the camellia oil from their local Chinatown grocery store.

Also, has a camellia vs. emu thread been done?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |