Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Help with DIY antioxidant hydrating cooling mist
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Getting ready for summer and trying to concoct some cooling hydrating sprays to take with me to the beach. I do use sunblock and try to avoid the sun; would like to use this spray both before and after sunblock is applied.

How many drops of pomegranate or raspberry oil will I need per 16 oz. of fluid to be effective as an antioxidant?

Here's the recipe I'm considering:

15 oz. Trinity water with minerals
50 drops of rosehip oil
30 drops of lavendar oil
15 drops of rosemary oil
15 drops of bay oil
15 drops of ylang/ylang oil

would like to include beta oat glucans, marine algae extract, hazelnut oil, hylarunic acid and edelweiss extract in addition to the raspberry/pomegranate oils but not sure how much, any suggestions?

Thanks,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, anyone? Am I on the right track?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what Trinity Water is ... but the others sound OK except that you're going to have to shake it really well before each spritz because the oils won't mix with the water ... same goes for the essential oils.

Whenever I'm trying to come up with something new I just mix it together and see if it works. If it does ... great. If it doesn't, then I start again.

HTH

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not very good w/ DIY, but I'm using an antioxidant spritz from I Feel Pretty. I don't have the bottle in from of me but you can go to Kim's site to see all the ingredients.

I'm not necessarily looking for results from it, just using for "good measure" Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
eternalyouth

Wed May 23, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
if you use a polysorbate emulsifier you
will not have to shake your product. Smile

The mist sounds very refreshing.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
eternalyouth wrote:
if you use a polysorbate emulsifier you
will not have to shake your product. Smile

The mist sounds very refreshing.

Jeez, I'd almost forgotten about this post, still gathering ingredients. Where can I find this emulsifier, is it organic? Any idea what percentage of raspberry or pomegranate oils I need to use to make this effective as an anti-oxidant? Or perhaps tjsmom has the right idea in planning to use it "for good measure"

Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |