Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! Custom charges??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone can clarify... my recent order was delivered with a Customs charge of 14.42 GBP to London. This has never happened before in my previous orders. Has Am i liable to pay this? My parcel is due for collection from the post office and I have not paid it yet. Any ways to get a waiver?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
mojocat I don't know where your parcel is coming from but anytime I have ordered anything outside of Canada I am always prepared to pay customs and duty.

Don't forget any package coming from another country has to go through inspection and then they either let it go without charging you or charge you full duty and taxes.

Sorry this has happened but my feeling is if it is something I cannot get in the country I live then I have to pay a premium for it!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi mojocat,

iv ordered many times outside of the EU and only recently was charged for customs (mine was about £16-17 Sad )

i think theres no getting out of it cos when i paid the post office, theres this label on the parcel saying that the only exempt from custom charges was if it was a gift under ?£30?

ud better collect ur parcel cos they send it back to EDS within 1 or 3 weeks if u dont get it

but on the bright side, u got the free p&p, forum discount, free gifts with purchase and free members gift...so i guess the £14 isnt that bad...and i find that EDS prices are lower compared to buying from UK (except for some brands)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered from EDS many times and half of those I've been charged custom charges, usually around £15. It's just luck if they don't charge you, so I always try to remember that I could get charged the extra every time I make an order.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ahh... thats a bummer. I guess i was lucky the last time when I ordered from the UK then. Prior to that I was living in Singapore and of all the times i ordered when i was there, never any import duties! All right, off to the post office I am tomorrow then... thanks all for clarifying! I thought I was being penalised!
Caspers Mum

Fri May 18, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
EDS has nothing to do with what the UK laws enforce. For more information, please view the following link, as taken from the UK Royal Mail site: http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/content1?catId=2500042&mediaId=26100661

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I don't live in the UK, but my experience is whenever I order something from The Organic Pharmacy I get custom taxed. I've never had to pay custom tax when I order from any other companies. But I think it's just a coincidence.

Fri May 18, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Occasionally, however, some parcels are opened at random by customs agents, and thus, charged duties or tarrifs. This is beyond the control of Essential Day Spa, and we cannot determine if/when parcels will be opened.

We disclose this in our policies at
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/policy.htm

Any duties applied are to be paid by the purchaser; we do not pay nor reimburse you for duties.

Duties
International customers from outside of North America will be responsible for payment of any applicable duties at the time an order arrives at its destination. You must contact your local Department of Commerce for information about any duty and taxes that may be added.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |