Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I Am A Proud Blood Donor!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.blood.ca/

Yes, I am a donor, and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to give some more blood. Type "O" RH Positive. That's me.

My Dad was a committed blood donor when we lived in Windsor and Toronto, but upon moving to Smithers, was unable to donate, for lack of a local clinic. I donate my own blood in honour of my Dad, his commitment, and his memory. He was a police officer, and later became a paramedic. I'm sure that many of his patients' received donated blood.

Also, my Mum's life was saved in 1991. She was transfused with four bags of donated blood, after losing more than half of her own, post-surgical hemmoraging.

I am open to donating marrow as well, and will be inquiring about it's harvesting tomorrow during my appointment.

To my friends in the U.S.: http://www.redcross.org/donate/give/

Donating blood DOES NOT HURT, and for the small amount of time needed to do so, you could be saving many peoples' lives. Perhaps that of a friend or family member.

P.S. Unlike the U.S. and Europe, blood donors in Canada are not paid for their donations. No financial reward. Just the personal pride of knowing one's done a good thing for others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
More people should give blood. I've been a nurse for 20 yrs now, and when people need blood, usually they need multiple units. I used to donate regularly, but a really bad kidney infection last summer wiped out my RBCs and I'm still taking medicine to get my blood count normal. My hat's off to everyone who donates!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Good on you Caspers Mum. Not enough people give blood when they are healthy enough to. Here in Oz there are a list of things which prohibit you from giving blood including tattoos, but it still leaves a good proportion of the population to donate. Although I am a coward when it comes to needles, the experience is not unpleasant and I do get to lay down so I don't have far to fall if the sight of the needle really gets to me. Afterwards we get a small meal or tea/coffee and biscuits depending on the time of day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I really admire those people who donate blood. My brother has been a long time donor since losing his friend who died while waiting for a blood transfusion. I've always wanted to donate blood, but I'm not able to due to the amount of tattoos and piercings I have. Plus last time I went which was last year, the on sight doctor said I had lost too much weight in a short period of time that I wasn't considered healthy enough to donate. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have O positive blood but nobody wants it. We live in Honduras and malaria (a blood parasite) is really common so we can't donate even though we've been in Florida for a couple of months.

Bravo to those of you who donate!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've donated twice and planing to do it again soon. I have A type blood.
It does not hurt unless you are like me. I have what's called " slippery veins". You can see the veins, but it is very hard to stick the needle into my veins. I always aske for a more experiencd nurse.
despite the trouble, it is worth it!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
never mind! freefall2
you also can do the good thing!
Caspers Mum

Sun May 20, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
It does not hurt unless you are like me. I have what's called " slippery veins". You can see the veins, but it is very hard to stick the needle into my veins. I always aske for a more experiencd nurse.

Ditto.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm AB Negative and donate whenever I can.

I read about how in the old days, if someone was sick they would do "bloodletting" and it supposedly helped them. Donating blood is helping others, and relieving yourself of excess blood, if there's even an iota of truth to the bloodletting thing Surprised

Sun May 20, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am likely going to volunteer my time to donate platelets too. It's a longer process (about two hours), but at the clinic, you get your own tv, bed, etc.

http://www.blood.ca/centreapps/internet/uw_v502_mainengine.nsf/page/Platelets

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:

I have the same "slippery veins" problem... so it's a pain to get the right person to stick me right. I am type B though, and i've also donated twice. My dad was the one who took the lead in blood donation years ago and i'm proud to have followed him and helped save lives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
I'm AB Negative and donate whenever I can.

I read about how in the old days, if someone was sick they would do "bloodletting" and it supposedly helped them. Donating blood is helping others, and relieving yourself of excess blood, if there's even an iota of truth to the bloodletting thing Surprised

My step-mom recently had a small stroke and the doctors say she has thick blood. She was told that she should give blood quite often because her body would produce new blood that wasn't thick. Or something like that. hmm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |