Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried Valmont cleansers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I'm in search of a new cleanser to alternate between my beloved Eve Lom. I'm particularly interested in Valmont Nature Cleansing with A Gel. However, I haven't been able to find any reviews on here or MUA at all. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. I tried to search for the ingredient list, but couldn't find that either. If anyone has tried it, do you know if it contains any sulfates? Also, what did you think of the product? Would you recommend other Valmont cleansers over this one? Thanks! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
do not use before, i think the most important thing of a cleanser just can clean up. Embarassed
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
do not use before, i think the most important thing of a cleanser just can clean up. Embarassed

That may be the case with a lot of people, but my skin is very sensitive and reacts to practically any cleanser I've tried. So the most important thing for me is that it doesn't irritate my skin yet cleans it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
So far, the only Valmont cleanser I have tried is Nature Cleansing with a Milk. I absolutely adored it and can't understand why I didn't review it. I no longer have the container so don't have the ingredients but it is from their purity line (no chemicals) and I am pretty sure there was no SLS in it. As I have a lot of Cellcosmet cleansing products at the moment, I haven't got back to Valmont in the cleansing area but I intend to in the future. Prior to Nature Cleansing with a Milk, I had never tried milk type cleansers thinking they would break me out (I have very oily skin) but this cleanser was great at removing dirt and oil and no breakouts. I have received a few Valmont samples over the time, but never any of their cleansers so have not had a chance to try any.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Valmont Cleansing with a Milk:
water, caprylic/capric tryglyceride, propylene glycol, stearic acid, glycerin, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond oil), C12-20 acid peg 8 ester, peg-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, mallow extract, camellia sinensis leaf oil, sodium chloride, tocopherol, carbomer disodium edta, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, ascorbic acid, peg-8, triethanolamine, ppg-25-laureth-25, chlorhexidine digluconate, phenoxyethanol, various parabens (too lazy to list), fragrance, benzyl alcohol, bezyl benzoate, citral, citronellol, eugenol, methyl heptin carbonate, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, 2-(4-tert-butylbenzyl), propionaldehyde, d-limonene, linalool, hydroxymethypentylcyclohexenecarboxaldehyde
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 3:24 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Valmont Cleansing with a Milk:
water, caprylic/capric tryglyceride, propylene glycol, stearic acid, glycerin, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond oil), C12-20 acid peg 8 ester, peg-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, mallow extract, camellia sinensis leaf oil, sodium chloride, tocopherol, carbomer disodium edta, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, ascorbic acid, peg-8, triethanolamine, ppg-25-laureth-25, chlorhexidine digluconate, phenoxyethanol, various parabens (too lazy to list), fragrance, benzyl alcohol, bezyl benzoate, citral, citronellol, eugenol, methyl heptin carbonate, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, 2-(4-tert-butylbenzyl), propionaldehyde, d-limonene, linalool, hydroxymethypentylcyclohexenecarboxaldehyde

Thanks for the ingredient list, sormuimui Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
So far, the only Valmont cleanser I have tried is Nature Cleansing with a Milk. I absolutely adored it and can't understand why I didn't review it. I no longer have the container so don't have the ingredients but it is from their purity line (no chemicals) and I am pretty sure there was no SLS in it. As I have a lot of Cellcosmet cleansing products at the moment, I haven't got back to Valmont in the cleansing area but I intend to in the future. Prior to Nature Cleansing with a Milk, I had never tried milk type cleansers thinking they would break me out (I have very oily skin) but this cleanser was great at removing dirt and oil and no breakouts. I have received a few Valmont samples over the time, but never any of their cleansers so have not had a chance to try any.

Thanks for the reply, bushy. I'm simply looking for another cleanser to alternate between either my OP Rose Cleansing Gel (morning) or Eve Lom Cleanser (evening), and Valmont just came up. It's a good line and that's why I'm considering it although there's not much information regarding their cleansers at all. I'm particularly interested in the Nature cleansing gel. Anyway, did you use the cleansing milk both morning and evening? Did you find it removed sunscreen and makeup well? Also, would you recommend it over Cellcosmet's ones?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Anyway, did you use the cleansing milk both morning and evening? Did you find it removed sunscreen and makeup well? Also, would you recommend it over Cellcosmet's ones?

I did use the cleansing milk morning and night and found it cleaned very well but I do not use makeup so can't answer that one however, it removed sunscreen very well. I have always tended to like gel cleansers and have stayed with the Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser for quite a while now in combination with their tonic, activator gel, mask and exfoliant. Cellcosmet works so well that I am hesitant to change it and would really like to see reviews of Valmont cleansers or get samples but I think I will try a couple more of the Valmont cleaners in the future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy. I love the feel of cleansing gel, but I find most of them very drying and don't clean makeup/sunscreen well enough, so I don't use them in the evening. Since Valmont claims that their Nature cleansing gel removes makeup, I thought I'd give it a try. Cellcosmet cleansers seem to get really good reviews on EDS, but my skin is so sensitive I'm afraid I'll react to them especially after reading TheresaL's review about the cream cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
helenzwl wrote:

That may be the case with a lot of people, but my skin is very sensitive and reacts to practically any cleanser I've tried. So the most important thing for me is that it doesn't irritate my skin yet cleans it.

you can try some products specialty for sensitive skin!
my skin is sensitive in a period, avene clam down . avene skincare is suitable for sensitive, you can try!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
helenzwl wrote:

you can try some products specialty for sensitive skin!
my skin is sensitive in a period, avene clam down . avene skincare is suitable for sensitive, you can try!

My skin reacts very badly to Avene's products (except the Ystheal+ Creme, sunscreen SPF 50 and the Thermal Spring Water Spray). Honestly, I don't see what's so special about the line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Thanks bushy. I love the feel of cleansing gel, but I find most of them very drying and don't clean makeup/sunscreen well enough, so I don't use them in the evening. Since Valmont claims that their Nature cleansing gel removes makeup, I thought I'd give it a try. Cellcosmet cleansers seem to get really good reviews on EDS, but my skin is so sensitive I'm afraid I'll react to them especially after reading TheresaL's review about the cream cleanser.

I have tried both cellcosmet and valmont cleansers. I used the valmont white falls cleanser and vital falls toner, while these are nice and the cleanser does remove make up, I still prefer the cellcosmet cleansing gel, toner etc.

As for moisturisers, I find that valmont is brilliant for my skin. I found the Cellcosmet too greasy, it left a film of oil on my skin.
I am 39 with normal to combination skin. Hope this review helps you.

Gillian
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |